Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2019, 17:01   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Rotherham (A) Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Rotherham playing Football !. Stanley playing Hòofball !.. Who is going to score though ?.
Sykes possibly from a set piece ?. A Midfielder ?.. most unlikely !. Our lone striker isolated against 2 defenders ?..dont think so !.
BUT 45 minutes to go and anything can happen !.. hopefully !.
It didn't!,.. NO GOALS !.. NO POINTS !.. NOVEMBER !!.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-11-2019, 17:02   #17
God Member

Thank goodness Wimbledon(S) lost.....
AccyMad, cashman, yonmon and 2 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 17:45   #18
God Member

DAM. . Grumpy Sunday I wouldnt like to be my golf ball in 2 hours time.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 17:46   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I,m not it needed change we were very poor against Crewe, apart from Diallo on the bench no loanees in the matchday squad have seen Coley do this numerous times over the years not guaranteed to work but something had to give.
No other loanees as either injured or on international duty.
Apart from Simpson who has been poor
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 20:09   #20

Wasn’t going to go but had the fortune to have a corporate invite from a sponsor I occasionally help with year end accounts. Really impressed with the set up and stadium. Ou performance was as expected, very long ball and little thought in keeping possession.

I said at the start of the season the permanent signings were poor and panic buys. Bolton will be interesting, a club that has found a purpose on the pitch, whilst we are just sitting on long term contracts with no culpability.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 20:18   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
No other loanees as either injured or on international duty.
Apart from Simpson who has been poor
All the loanees that play in a forward role have been poor as have most of the permanent players couldn't score in a brothel at the minute January window can't come soon enough Coley has to get it right then or we could be in for a real scrap at the bottom.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 20:21   #22
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
All the loanees that play in a forward role have been poor as have most of the permanent players couldn't score in a brothel at the minute January window can't come soon enough Coley has to get it right then or we could be in for a real scrap at the bottom.
We aren’t a million miles away based on today.
Four golden chances, McConville, Maguire, Finley and Clicker.
Not one on target
Old 16-11-2019, 20:50   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
We aren’t a million miles away based on today.
Four golden chances, McConville, Maguire, Finley and Clicker.
Not one on target
Enjoy Clicker while you can. My understanding is he’s in his last year and January is our only window before he’s then available on a free.

Can’t see Holt sanctioning more 3 year deals given the return from the two 3 year deals offered last year and the 2 year deals for the new signings this year.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 20:55   #24

Rotherham should have been out of sight at half time.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 21:00   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Enjoy Clicker while you can. My understanding is he’s in his last year and January is our only window before he’s then available on a free.

Can’t see Holt sanctioning more 3 year deals given the return from the two 3 year deals offered last year and the 2 year deals for the new signings this year.
Clickers already said he won’t sign.
He didn’t want to stay this year but club activated option.
Should have sold him in Summer.
No point selling in Jan for low ££.
Might as well keep and lose on free.
He’s not a game changer in my view.
Old 16-11-2019, 21:27   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Trouble is we have had golden chances in most games this month and taken none.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 16-11-2019, 22:00   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Rotherham should have been out of sight at half time.
But they weren't - maybe their finishing is not too far ahead of ours. Wasn't there but listening to the radio coverage it sounded like we put up a decent performance & were unlucky to come away with nothing.
Ok, we're going through a sticky patch - we do so most seasons at some point - but I'm certain we can come through it as we have before, keep the faith
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2019, 22:14   #28

Don't be fooled Rotherham were playing on a different level to us.

To be fair I would have expected this given the disparity in resources available to each club. At the end of the day we are always going to be up against majority of sides L1.

Cant fault the effort today though and they nearly pulled off a salvage job. Still hopeful we'll survive.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 08:44   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post

Play somebody who wants to be at the club drop him get rid in January if anyone wants him.
Revived Red likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2019, 09:32   #30

I must have watched a different game if Rotherham were on a different level to us. There was nothing in the game at all and as is often the case at this level, a set play ultimately decided the game.
I think Rotherham typify this league, no one is great but a lot of teams are just okay. The fact they sit in the top 6 alongside Blackpool, Coventry, Wycombe and Ipswich shows that this league just isn’t great this season.
We could have got something at the death and I actually thought second half we played quite well but without ever truly looking like scoring a goal.
2 massive league games coming up now, lets hope we find our scoring touch again.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..