Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2019, 20:15   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Rotherham (A) Match Thread

Still think our problems are in goal and at centre half, can’t help but think that age has caught up with Hughes.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-11-2019, 10:53   #47
Senior Member+

Disagree mate.
Yes I think the keeper is a worry but centre halves in Opoku and Sykes can step in ................................................ up front we've little to start with and no back up.
Up front is our problem massively.
cashman and Tommy McQueen like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 12:49   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Disagree mate.
Yes I think the keeper is a worry but centre halves in Opoku and Sykes can step in ................................................ up front we've little to start with and no back up.
is opoku only here till jan as we know?
Old 18-11-2019, 12:52   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
is opoku only here till jan as we know?
Yes he is Cashy, hoping we try & extend his loan till the end of the season
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 12:54   #50
God Member

Quote:
Disagree mate.
Striker options Zanzala can't keep on his feet hence the nickname slippers, Simmonds not seen enough of him, Bishop non league standard and is starting to show, Scott only young won't be starting any time soon, Baker Richardson looked ok but is he injury prone?, Charles not a striker IMHO too easily dispossessed non league standard again, Simpson written off by fans on this forum not seen enough of him should be better than non league standard coming from Preston but will he be played doubt it that I,m afraid are our options upfront personally don't think they are anywhere near good enough.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 12:59   #51

Quote:
Disagree mate.
Agree, but to be frank, I think we are light all over, it’s just varying degrees. The promotion team beats this one in a game 7 times out of 10.

My concern is the build up of team costs that don’t contribute to the bench strength, never mind the first 11.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 13:27   #52
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Striker options Zanzala can't keep on his feet hence the nickname slippers, Simmonds not seen enough of him, Bishop non league standard and is starting to show, Scott only young won't be starting any time soon, Baker Richardson looked ok but is he injury prone?, Charles not a striker IMHO too easily dispossessed non league standard again, Simpson written off by fans on this forum not seen enough of him should be better than non league standard coming from Preston but will he be played doubt it that I,m afraid are our options upfront personally don't think they are anywhere near good enough.
Simmonds has an awful attitude. Told Coley he should be a first team regular. No chance.
Bishop will come good. Lacks agility but you can train that, he has the instinct.
Scott - I'm a big fan of his but hasn't progressed as much as we would of liked.
Charles - similar to Kayden, bags of pace but needs to learn when to use it. also needs to be playing with a second striker, would of been good playing off Billy.
Simpson - seen him a fair few times and for a lad of his size he doesn't use it well. Doesn't attack the ball, too similar to Connor Hall in my opinion, makes a few good runs but nothing that has an impact on game.

Zanzala - so frustrating. Really thought this season he'd take his chance to be main striker but too often makes same mistakes. Not learning from them?
Is he torn between having strength and pace. Has neither at moment.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 15:07   #53

If he is torn between having strength and pace maybe he should watch a bit of Drogba on YouTube.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 16:19   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
If he is torn between having strength and pace maybe he should watch a bit of Drogba on YouTube.
Given the amount of time he spends sat on his “Boris”, I think we should throw in balance at the top of that list !
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 16:27   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Simmonds has an awful attitude. Told Coley he should be a first team regular. No chance.
Bishop will come good. Lacks agility but you can train that, he has the instinct.
Scott - I'm a big fan of his but hasn't progressed as much as we would of liked.
Charles - similar to Kayden, bags of pace but needs to learn when to use it. also needs to be playing with a second striker, would of been good playing off Billy.
Simpson - seen him a fair few times and for a lad of his size he doesn't use it well. Doesn't attack the ball, too similar to Connor Hall in my opinion, makes a few good runs but nothing that has an impact on game.

Zanzala - so frustrating. Really thought this season he'd take his chance to be main striker but too often makes same mistakes. Not learning from them?
Is he torn between having strength and pace. Has neither at moment.
on the whole a summation I would agree with, as you say much more was expected from Offrande this season but maybe out expectations were overlooking the trauma the family & him had too overcome on their escape from the Congo, maybe our expectations failed to account for this background and we may need to give him more time to settle but anyway I feel his presence & runs does put pressure on defenders
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 17:25   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
on the whole a summation I would agree with, as you say much more was expected from Offrande this season but maybe out expectations were overlooking the trauma the family & him had too overcome on their escape from the Congo, maybe our expectations failed to account for this background and we may need to give him more time to settle but anyway I feel his presence & runs does put pressure on defenders
I’m not making light of the family situation but with respect the lad has been a professional footballer since 2015.
He’s had more than enough time and the truth is he’s not anywhere near good enough at this standard.
Tommy McQueen likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 17:59   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

have to agree the lad is nowhere near div1 level to me.
Tommy McQueen likes this.
Old 18-11-2019, 18:22   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
I’m not making light of the family situation but with respect the lad has been a professional footballer since 2015.
He’s had more than enough time and the truth is he’s not anywhere near good enough at this standard.
I might have said that matt crooks was not anywhere near good enough at this standard he's now aged 25, his been a revelation since he departed, zanzala is still only 23, while I agree he is not the goal getter we desire at this time, he should not be dismissed he could yet develop into a future star,
AccyMad likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 18:29   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

matt crooks was played as striker when he came to us, and not the best, J.C. moved him to midfield and he improved in leaps and bounds imho.
Revived Red and choirboy like this.
Old 18-11-2019, 18:44   #60
Full Member+

Maybe Ozzy is going to be a world class Goalkeeper?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..