Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree67Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-11-2019, 14:57   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Trotters Match Thread

Pifco think many thought the same as you.
Old 24-11-2019, 15:48   #62
Senior Member+

Well no9w for my 2 'penneth. Did Wynonie slip some of his pills into the tea pot in the changing room? I have seen Stanley struggle against 10 men previously, but not yesterday. We made a team of men look like boys! In fact, we have scored more goals against Bolton than any other team in League 1, even those that played the youth teams and were winning 5-0 or 5-1. OK we played 10 men for 75 minutes, but the heart and passion was there for all to see. Personally, I would have given man of the match to Colby Bishop for his no stop running and annoying the defenders, but can't complain after that result, maybe the whole team and subs bench and management should have been given man of the match, but at least we were 'Team of the week' on Quest in the highlights show. Well done to all and to the idiots from Bolton, you have done your team a great disservice. Throwing coins and bottles and flares is not clever, as for running on to the pitch, well you won't be going to a Bolton match for some time. It is about time bigger teams in this league realised, we are not tinpot, we are loud and proud of our Accrington Stanley.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 16:38   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
the heart and passion was there for all to see.
Agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Personally, I would have given man of the match to Colby Bishop for his no stop running and annoying the defenders,
Again, agree 100%.

And I also agree with the critical comments about some of the idiots pretending to be Bolton supporters.
Outback Ozzy, cashman and yonmon like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 21:07   #64
Full Member+

Think the E F L are looking into one of our sub's and want to know who we played as ozzy.
KiTChener likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2019, 21:35   #65
Senior Member+

Brilliant win, must have been a real tonic for those who were there let's hope the lads get confidence from their great show.
As a side comment, I play over 60s footy here in B.C. and this morning after the game we were all enjoying a beer with the opposition and I had to comment about Stanley's win and the opposition all started to laugh, one of their players was a Bolton fan, I thanks him and bought him a beer.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 09:40   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Brilliant win, must have been a real tonic for those who were there let's hope the lads get confidence from their great show.
As a side comment, I play over 60s footy here in B.C. and this morning after the game we were all enjoying a beer with the opposition and I had to comment about Stanley's win and the opposition all started to laugh, one of their players was a Bolton fan, I thanks him and bought him a beer.
Have you arranged to buy another next week?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 12:40   #67

I saw the paramedics treating someone on the Clayton end on Saturday. Hope the person was OK.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 16:34   #68
Senior Member+

If it would guarantee another 7-1 Mike I would buy the whole bleeding brewery?? well maybe not but a six pack for sure.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2019, 19:25   #69
Full Member+

If it was before the match start anmc someone was hit by the ball when the lads were shooting in it could have been them who you saw being treated.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2019, 07:40   #70

Yes it was before the game, I was just hoping they were OK
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2019, 09:12   #71
Super Moderator

All the 3 people who had injuries on the day and were treated by the ASFC medical team were patched up and continued to watch the game
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2019, 09:19   #72
God Member

keith hill stated earlier in the week that he could not care less about other division 1 teams. hope the words accrington stanley will give him a few sleepless nights.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2019, 16:48   #73
Senior Member+

From a different perspective:

Good filming of the first-half goals.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..