Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2020, 09:10   #46
God Member

Re: Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
28, Why is it a 'dangerous suggestion' ??? Re Clark Please explain.
He may be a very loyal young man but if his opinion of his worth and the club's valuation are far apart then he's going to look elsewhwere - that's life, as you say and if that cannot be reconciled, better to sell if the right offer comes along. I would value him above 50k though, but certainly nowhere near the 1 million that Coley was, at one time, suggesting. On his day, he's a great player to have on your team but, for me, he's not consistent enough. He wouldn't be a massive loss, and with other players on the books with different skills, a successor can be found. Pritchard, for example, given the opportunities and automatic selection that Clark has had, could grow in confidence and become a very effective player.
I have to agree with you about Clark and he has been inconsistent hence IMHO why no offers have been if there has been any not acceptable offer new contract or he goes with our thanks and good fortune.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2020, 13:09   #47
Senior Member+

Well if the club's got to ask with its resources available I'm surprised.
No one used the words top striker.
Experienced was the word used.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 13:16   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
28, Why is it a 'dangerous suggestion' ??? Re Clark Please explain.
He may be a very loyal young man but if his opinion of his worth and the club's valuation are far apart then he's going to look elsewhwere - that's life, as you say and if that cannot be reconciled, better to sell if the right offer comes along. I would value him above 50k though, but certainly nowhere near the 1 million that Coley was, at one time, suggesting. On his day, he's a great player to have on your team but, for me, he's not consistent enough. He wouldn't be a massive loss, and with other players on the books with different skills, a successor can be found. Pritchard, for example, given the opportunities and automatic selection that Clark has had, could grow in confidence and become a very effective player.
My post was in response to Valarian who said
"I would take money for anybody who does not want to be at our Club....."
Show me any suggestion of Clark saying this.
That's what I meant by dangerous.
He cant't look elsewhere because he's under contract.
Well as of this month he can as his contract expires at the end of the season.
Given the recent injury to Sean I expect the club to hold him to the contract and he will then either be offered acceptable terms by the club or move on.
Old 04-01-2020, 15:40   #49
Senior Member+

Apparently Mr Wesley now in the Stevenage dugout has told his entire squad they are all free to leave if they can find a club who wants them.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 16:00   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Apparently Mr Wesley now in the Stevenage dugout has told his entire squad they are all free to leave if they can find a club who wants them.
pmsl.
Old 04-01-2020, 16:15   #51
God Member

Not the first time Westley's pulled that stunt - if I were his players my reaction would be 'right back at ya Graham'
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 18:52   #52
Full Member+

Coley at Chester vs Guisley game today.
George Glendon is there, a nippy winger who came through Man City’s academy and made almost 50 appearances for them.
Few others Coley may be tracking, but he has watched Glendon (on loan from Carlisle) a few times
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 21:02   #53
Senior Member+

Wesley did well to get a point at home to Colchester especially as he lost a player to a red card early on.

He is struggling to bring players in until he can get some out.

Getting 1st team coach Alex Revell to re-register as a player shows his predicament
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 21:33   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Well if the club's got to ask with its resources available I'm surprised.
No one used the words top striker.
Experienced was the word used.
And there’s generally a reason why these strikers are without a club.
Still yet to hear any names from yourself?? Or do you just criticise without offering suggestions?
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:52   #55
Senior Member+

Stanley’s policy is young hungry and ambitious. Anyone thinking we gonna be bringing in experienced players aint got the mantra of ASFC under Coley and Bell (and Holty)
KiTChener likes this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 11:21   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Coley at Chester vs Guisley game today.
George Glendon is there, a nippy winger who came through Man City’s academy and made almost 50 appearances for them.
Few others Coley may be tracking, but he has watched Glendon (on loan from Carlisle) a few times
Well on the basis that Coley had George on trial for three weeks pre season and rejected him (I was stunned by that by the way) I find that hard to swallow.
He even played for us A Trialist.
Old 05-01-2020, 13:12   #57
God Member

Quote:
Well on the basis that Coley had George on trial for three weeks pre season and rejected him (I was stunned by that by the way) I find that hard to swallow.
He even played for us A Trialist.
Do you know for certain he rejected him may have been wage demands, also could have been watching someone else maybe Ashanti for instance who knows for sure?
Old 05-01-2020, 13:31   #58
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Do you know for certain he rejected him may have been wage demands, also could have been watching someone else maybe Ashanti for instance who knows for sure?
well i have no idea, but if he was 3 week on trial and not kept on then surely he was rejected for whatever reason?
Old 05-01-2020, 13:54   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well he's not with us is he ? Nothing to do with his wages.
As for the alleged visit to Chester of course he could have been watching anyone but Josh isn't daft.
Old 05-01-2020, 16:59   #60
God Member

Quote:
Well he's not with us is he ? Nothing to do with his wages.
As for the alleged visit to Chester of course he could have been watching anyone but Josh isn't daft.
Never said he was daft but Coley usually plays his cards close to his chest could be looking at anyone anywhere Josh is just another rumor good for him if he is correct.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..