Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree136Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2020, 10:25   #166

Re: Window

I can assure you all that DAV's last post is pure fantasy
A reliable source informs me that the clubs efforts to sign the leading goalscorer from Benjamin Hargreaves Primary School have fallen through.
John Coleman stated; 'We've been following this lad for some time since he scored their only goal in the 13-1 defeat by Woodnook'.
When it was pointed out he'd also scored 3 o.g's in the same game, Mr Coleman said; 'A goal's a goal. Beggars can't be choosers'
It is understood the club was ready to meet the wage demand of two-bob a week after Jimmy Bell agreed to work for nothing for the rest of the season.
However, the player's insistence of a party pack of Rowntrees fruit gums for every goal scored scuppered the deal.
Coleman continued; 'We thought we had a deal, but there were just too many E-numbers'
The search continues.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2020, 11:20   #167
God Member

bloody rowntrees eh. look what we could have got with Haribo,s.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 11:29   #168
God Member

Could Akinfenwa be tempted with an offer of his own weight in Stockleys!
Per week!
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 14:02   #169
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I can assure you all that DAV's last post is pure fantasy
A reliable source informs me that the clubs efforts to sign the leading goalscorer from Benjamin Hargreaves Primary School have fallen through.
John Coleman stated; 'We've been following this lad for some time since he scored their only goal in the 13-1 defeat by Woodnook'.
When it was pointed out he'd also scored 3 o.g's in the same game, Mr Coleman said; 'A goal's a goal. Beggars can't be choosers'
It is understood the club was ready to meet the wage demand of two-bob a week after Jimmy Bell agreed to work for nothing for the rest of the season.
However, the player's insistence of a party pack of Rowntrees fruit gums for every goal scored scuppered the deal.
Coleman continued; 'We thought we had a deal, but there were just too many E-numbers'
The search continues.
Really funny post, made me laugh

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 18:12   #170
Full Member+

Connor Hall gone to Chorley on loan.
Think that’s above his level...
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 23:41   #171
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Go on then???

Given a Stanley season ticket holder works at Wigan, would be good to know; also most of Wigan's back room staff have Accy connections would make some sense.

It's was mentioned on the Wigan pie eater forum
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 11:20   #172
Senior Member+

On a serious note I was chastised for suggesting that there were many forwards available. Here's a sample of moves from the last few days alone. the list from 1 January is extensive.
Adeboyajo Barnsley to Cambridge loan
Akinde Lincoln to Gillingham
Alessandra free agent to Carlisle short term deal
Hall Oxford to Forest Green
Hopper Southend to Lincoln
Hope Carlisle to Swindon
Simeon Jackson free agent to Stevenage short term deal

One example for midfield strong lad Nathan Sheron Fleetwood to Walsall loan

I guess they are all budget busters for us..........
But please don't say the players aren't out there.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 14:29   #173
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
On a serious note I was chastised for suggesting that there were many forwards available. Here's a sample of moves from the last few days alone. the list from 1 January is extensive.
Adeboyajo Barnsley to Cambridge loan
Akinde Lincoln to Gillingham
Alessandra free agent to Carlisle short term deal
Hall Oxford to Forest Green
Hopper Southend to Lincoln
Hope Carlisle to Swindon
Simeon Jackson free agent to Stevenage short term deal

One example for midfield strong lad Nathan Sheron Fleetwood to Walsall loan

I guess they are all budget busters for us..........
But please don't say the players aren't out there.
Apart from Akinde wouldn't have any of the other strikers.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2020, 19:05   #174
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Apart from Akinde wouldn't have any of the other strikers.
Really ? Not even on loan until the end of the season to help ?
Well let’s see if anyone arrives.
You can then compare and see if you’d have him / them.
Old 25-01-2020, 21:02   #175
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Really ? Not even on loan until the end of the season to help ?
Well let’s see if anyone arrives.
You can then compare and see if you’d have him / them.
Well it's irrelevant anyway as they have moved on obviously not to us so either out of price range or Coley didn't fancy any of them either move on we will get what fits the bill.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 27-01-2020, 13:11   #176
God Member

Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.
cashman likes this.
Old 27-01-2020, 13:16   #177
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.
we were led to believe that is the reason a few lads want to move,
Old 27-01-2020, 13:44   #178

[QUOTE=andyd;1236350]Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.[/QUOTE

Even now with our depleted front line? If we go down it'll be less likely we can cobble together funds for training facilities in the future.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2020, 14:59   #179
God Member

[QUOTE=Inspector Morse;1236352]
Quote:
Coley has finally said it what I have been harping on about bringing players in is difficult due to a lack of training facilities, so to me any surplus money in the coffers has to be directed towards that end a grass pitch worthy to train on before any thoughts on risky money on players who will probably not come anyway until we have the basics.[/QUOTE

Even now with our depleted front line? If we go down it'll be less likely we can cobble together funds for training facilities in the future.
Have heard that training pitch is high on list of priorities.
Old 27-01-2020, 15:04   #180
Senior Member+

So if its that important why is corporate hospitality higher up the agenda ? Madness.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..