Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2019, 17:37   #1

Colby v Billy

Bishop has scored 12 so far this season from 21 games.... I think only four are penalties.
Billy got 16 out of 49 but ten of these were pens. He only got six in open play all season.

That's a huge difference. What does it all mean? Can comparisons be drawn?

Possibly too early to be absolutely sure but looks like Coley has done it again. Especially since Bishop has only had experience in much lower leagues before this season.

What would happen if Billy were to come back? Would he play alongside Bishop or not get a look in?

How much can Bishop improve?
cashman likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2019, 18:03   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Colby v Billy

Personally i reckon Bishop will improve, he is definately a league class striker, what league is up to the lad i think.dont think yeh can draw comparison at all, Billy certainly was not himself last season to me and all the lads that stand with us.
accytom18 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-12-2019, 21:10   #3
God Member

Smile Re: Colby v Billy

Colby is a class striker and another fantastic example of the Genius at work

As for Billy -v- Colby, comparisons cannot be drawn...Colby is young, keen, eager and naive, Billy is experienced, battle hardened and a legend!!!

Not a chance they could play together!!

P.S what about the other rough diamond Coley has unearthed??
MikeA and AccyMad like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2019, 21:58   #4
Full Member+

Liked Charles from day one
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 06:10   #5
Senior Member+

Any Billy Kee news? Is he coming back anytime soon?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 08:44   #6
God Member

think he may find it harder next season. the few ex league players i have known have always said that the second season is the hardest especially if you have made an impact in your first.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 08:56   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Any Billy Kee news? Is he coming back anytime soon?
hope i,m wrong but i just cannot see billy playing for stanley again. i have no info to back this up apart from his actual lack of interest in football generally.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 10:49   #8
Full Member+

Interesting graphic here: https://experimental361.com/2019/12/...1-14-dec-2019/

It shows what we have been seeing all season - we are creating lots of chances, but not putting them away. We should be in the playoff places on the basis of chances created.

Colby and Dion have done really well for such a large step-up from non-league to League 1, but the graphic shows that it is the rest of the team who should be getting the plaudits for creating so many chances (re: discussion around Jordan in the 'Window' thread).

Both have very good potential based on the half-season so far, but Billy is a proven class player at this level. You don't get 'Legend' status without consistently delivering. How many of these chances would Billy have converted this season?
AccyMad, LongLostSon and cashman like this.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 10:59   #9
Full Member+

Another graphic from the above site shows how clinical at converting chances we were in our league-winning season when Billy was at his best: https://experimental361.com/2019/11/...s-20-nov-2019/
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 13:50   #10

I think the lack of goals is because we are collectively shockingly bad at shooting.... but that's not just the front two. Clark is the worst in my opinion.

Strange that we are creating a lot more as the midfield has hardly changed, we still have Johnson overlapping and has left back been overall any better than Nick Anderton? Are we not creating more because our front two's movement is so much better?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 14:46   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
hope i,m wrong but i just cannot see billy playing for stanley again. i have no info to back this up apart from his actual lack of interest in football generally.
Shame cause Billy was so good but sadly I agree can't see him playing at this level again.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2019, 19:41   #12
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I think the lack of goals is because we are collectively shockingly bad at shooting.... but that's not just the front two. Clark is the worst in my opinion.

Strange that we are creating a lot more as the midfield has hardly changed, we still have Johnson overlapping and has left back been overall any better than Nick Anderton? Are we not creating more because our front two's movement is so much better?
We are creating more because WE HAVE A FRONT TWO
KiTChener and cashman like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 12:56   #13
Senior Member+

Watched Colby twice last season,not bad in the air,but didn’t stand out.
Think Coley was tipped off by Liam Watson,who knows the league inside out,and also recommended Charles.
Told Joe ,when Dion signed,it could go either way!!!,talented kid,but sometimes he doesn’t know what he’s doing,which makes him unpredictable!!!
Indeed he missed two one on ones when Coley was watching him!!
That’s why Coley is the manager he his, sees things others don’t!!!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 13:10   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Watched Colby twice last season,not bad in the air,but didn’t stand out.
Think Coley was tipped off by Liam Watson,who knows the league inside out,and also recommended Charles.
Told Joe ,when Dion signed,it could go either way!!!,talented kid,but sometimes he doesn’t know what he’s doing,which makes him unpredictable!!!
Indeed he missed two one on ones when Coley was watching him!!
That’s why Coley is the manager he his, sees things others don’t!!!!!
Correct

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2019, 14:58   #15

For me billy kee when on form is a better all round player. His hold play is the best I have ever seen at the club (at least since Paul Mullin at a lower level). Bishop is scoring well and may well develop into as good a player but in his own way.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..