Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2020, 20:56   #16
God Member

Re: fleetwood v stanley

Have they got German passports? Brilliant result, was glum ten minutes ago but you can ‘t keep Stanley down.
choirboy and DaveinGermany like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-01-2020, 20:57   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
stanleys won converted all 5
BRILLIANT FINISH...WELL DONE STANLEY!

ON WE GO...ON WE GO....ON WE GO!!!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 21:02   #18
God Member

It's no secret that I don't think much of this competition but just so happy to beat Joey Barton's Fleetwood in any circumstances - well played lads
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 21:17   #19
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Sousa done much since he came on?
Played a couple of his well known Marches ??..

Sorry Dav !.. Happy New Year to you as the Reds March on !.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 21:37   #20

Well what a finale, first half Fleetwood applied most of the pressure, Pritchard took his goal very well with are only real chance. Second half was initially more of the same. The cod army controlled the midfield and not much was sticking upfront for us. Fleetwood's second goal was a well taken free kick. We gambled with 10 mins to go throwing Sykes upfront and it worked. We created a few situations, road are look when a Harvey Rodgers slip let them clean thru.
Sykes took his goal well and so nearly won it when a Sousa shot hit the underside of the bar.
Well taken penalties and we are into the last 8.
Some unfriendly Fleetwood youth where upset and smashed our coach window. Referee seemed to give most 50/50's Fleetwood's way.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 21:51   #21
Senior Member+

Fantastic result. The draw for the next round is live on TalkSport 'from' 12:15 on Thursday.

Possible opponents are:
Exeter, Newport, Salford, Leicester U21, Portsmouth, Bristol City or Stevenage, Scunthorpe or Manchester City U21.

The two remaining matches are tomorrow night.

I didn't realise TalkSport was free. Details are at:
https://talksport.com/radio-how-to-listen/

Apparently, tonight's Walsall v Portsmouth match was live on TalkSport2

Last edited by MikeA; 07-01-2020 at 21:56.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:59   #22
God Member

I bet we get Salford-away.
...and well done you good buggers in red.
david1 likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 05:46   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Happy New Year to you as the Reds March on !.
The Reds March on!!!
Blackspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 07:41   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Well what a finale, first half Fleetwood applied most of the pressure, Pritchard took his goal very well with are only real chance. Second half was initially more of the same. The cod army controlled the midfield and not much was sticking upfront for us. Fleetwood's second goal was a well taken free kick. We gambled with 10 mins to go throwing Sykes upfront and it worked. We created a few situations, road are look when a Harvey Rodgers slip let them clean thru.
Sykes took his goal well and so nearly won it when a Sousa shot hit the underside of the bar.
Well taken penalties and we are into the last 8.
Some unfriendly Fleetwood youth where upset and smashed our coach window. Referee seemed to give most 50/50's Fleetwood's way.

Becoming a bit of a nuisance these Fleetwood scum could really hurt someone doing a coach window hope the perpetrators are caught and dealt with.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:01   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Fantastic result. The draw for the next round is live on TalkSport 'from' 12:15 on Thursday.

Possible opponents are:
Exeter, Newport, Salford, Leicester U21, Portsmouth, Bristol City or Stevenage, Scunthorpe or Manchester City U21.

The two remaining matches are tomorrow night.
Doesn't this one stay regionalised until the final? I'm sure I've heard talk of Northern and Southern finals in previous years.

And if you draw an U-21 side, does that mean you play at home regardless of whether you come out of the hat first or second? I note all the U-21s play away in this round …...
Old 08-01-2020, 10:10   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Doesn't this one stay regionalised until the final? I'm sure I've heard talk of Northern and Southern finals in previous years.

And if you draw an U-21 side, does that mean you play at home regardless of whether you come out of the hat first or second? I note all the U-21s play away in this round …...
No not regonalized now open draw not sure about under 21,s .
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:26   #27

hope we don't get Bristol ROVERS in next round, or Mike - your pos opponent post might be the basis of their dressing room team talk that night
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 10:35   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post

I think you're right about earlier years, Chris but the current rules for the quarter finals, from https://www.efl.com/leasingcomtrophy...etition/rules/ are:
5.1.4 Quarter Finals.

(i) The eight winners from the Round of 16 will contest the quarter-finals.
(ii) Quarter-final pairings are determined by means of an unseeded draw. There will be no regionalisation of the draw.
(iii) The Club drawn first is the Home Club.
(iv) Matches will be of ninety minutes duration, with no extra time. If the scores are level then the winners shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with procedures as approved by IFAB.
It's only in the group stages that U21 teams play away. A number of them were drawn at home in round 2 this season and in the previous season.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:38   #29
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
hope we don't get Bristol ROVERS in next round, or Mike - your pos opponent post might be the basis of their dressing room team talk that night
Sorry, yes it's Bristol Rovers, not City, who play Stevenage tonight.
Old 08-01-2020, 17:50   #30

A few comments on player performances, bursik - a bit in steddy at times dropping crosses and fumbling but some good saves also.
Pritchard worked hard and was are brightest player.
Dion looking back held the ball up well for goal despite the feeling not much was sticking up top.
On top of the gamble of sticking Sykes upfront last 10 mins. Putting on calvalho and Sousa had a positive effect.

cashman likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..