Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree133Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2020, 13:20   #76
God Member

Re: Ipswich Town match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Very naive response.
Who has said anything about tossing cash about ?
The club did brilliant to get up.
The club did brilliant to get the figures we did selling Jackson and Donacien.
Upon your own admission League One standard is poor.
So why are we struggling ?
You may have a different opinion but mine is because we’ve invested on the cheap on the product on the pitch. The players.
Why would I want to go and watch football elsewhere ?
Haven’t missed many games for years.
All this talk of bankrupting the club is nonsense.
It’s about how you allocate your funds and budgeting.
The best signing we’ve made is the pitch 100%.
What’s the point in sparkling up corporate facilities if you don’t invest in the product on the pitch ?
All about opinions.
Well said.
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2020, 14:06   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well said.
Perhaps someone should invest in brain cells?
DAV007 likes this.
Old 12-01-2020, 14:54   #78

If being lower mid table in league one is ‘struggling’ for us then some people really do have short memories.
Give me safety in this league any day of the week, no matter what the standard is.
It took us 11 seasons to get out of league two remember, things don’t happen overnight.
Old 12-01-2020, 15:18   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Wow
choirboy likes this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 12-01-2020, 15:26   #80
Senior Member+

Hopefully a few loan signings at the end of Jan and we can make a push for a top half finish
Old 12-01-2020, 16:48   #81
God Member

Quote:
Are you happy with out player investment ?
yes. We have competed in all but 2 or 3 games this season and could've/should've won more than we have. YES we have a fairly inexperienced team, Bishop, Charles have stepped a long way, Johson, Sykes still very young BUT they have improved game by game and will either make us some cash or be first team players for some time

Quote:
What do you mean by resources ?
Do you think the monies received from Jackson and Donacien has been invested wisely ie 100% into the club excluding the team ?
Absolutely they have been invested well. That new stand didnt come for free for a start and was more than overdue. Do you think the away goal end is up to standard? No its not, and that will be done well before we start frittering money. I cant remember how the ground was when you first rocked up but it was by and away the worst ground in the top five divisions, now its not. Its still the smallest and will probably remain so, but 3/4 of it now is new and shiny and functional and making money. For the first time in a long time we are not a laughing stock amongst away supporters and that counts for an awful lot in my book

Quote:
The club did brilliant to get up.
The club did brilliant to get the figures we did selling Jackson and Donacien.
Upon your own admission League One standard is poor.
So why are we struggling ?
Yes we did (and it was unexpected and not budgeted towards)
Yes we did (and it was unexpected but brought forward some ground improvements by a year or two or more)
Partially due to inexperienced strikers, partially because Sean didnt get going with his shooting boots and partially because Jordan cant hit a barn door

Quote:
You may have a different opinion but mine is because we’ve invested on the cheap on the product on the pitch. The players.
Bradford got relegated with a £5.3m playing budget and only one season after splashing around £200k each on at least 3 players (McCartan included). Many clubs invest money into transfers and pay high wages, we dont and its served us quite well on our sojourn from Tier 7

Quote:
All this talk of bankrupting the club is nonsense.
It’s about how you allocate your funds and budgeting.
No its not nonsense at all. ASFC was a very long way behind all other clubs off the pitch. Infrastructure simply HAS to improve way beyond what it already has. Look at clubs like Cambridge, their turnover last year was around £6m - £2m more than ours and that was our best turnover EVER. I like whats happening around the place, and how we're going about things, but it needs even more if we are to get anywhere near being able to compete on a level playing field. Clubs left, right and centre are experiencing massive financial difficulties, but we aren't. We've been to the wall three times and very nearly four ...

When our fans say we arent arsed about relegation its because we know the hardships of relegation are nowhere near as hard as the hardships of coming back from the dead. Anyone who wants to risk the future of the club on whimsical money signings can 0121 do one.

Quote:
The best signing we’ve made is the pitch 100%.
What’s the point in sparkling up corporate facilities if you don’t invest in the product on the pitch ?
All about opinions.
all covered above buddy. Our corporate facilities for what they are, are selling out regularly, that shows that there is demand for more. Andy Holt knows better than anyone what we are making, capable of making, and what the future of incoming TV money means. He wants to create a ground that is cheap to run and maintain but capable of making better income for us.

We have 2 more builds to go, the changing room/clubhouse change and the away end - in that order. When that is complete we will be in a position to plough more generated funds into the team. If thats still in League 1 then fantastic, if its in league 2 then so what?

The changing rooms HAVE to be done and we are at the mercy of the EFL as to how long we can avoid it for, but the clubhouse being done right should ensure that we are capable of making at least an extra half million every year. The away end done right should mean extra visitors and extra spend per head. That means more money in. By the time those 2 builds are done I think we'll be there or thereabouts hitting those £5m or £6m figures that our peers are hitting.

£6m in League 1 will still be bottom of the pile though ... in League 2 (if we can maintain the crowd numbers) that would put us around mid table, in the Conference it might put us top 6 - AND THAT IS WHY WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT SPEND MORE THAN WE CAN ON THE PRODUCT.

Yes we all go to the ground to see the product, but the product is only a part of the day and currently all spends need to be on the rest of the experience.

Finally, John Coleman has a long history of having to operate in this manner and he's done pretty well at it thus far

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 12-01-2020 at 16:52.
Old 12-01-2020, 16:57   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
yes. We have competed in all but 2 or 3 games this season and could've/should've won more than we have. YES we have a fairly inexperienced team, Bishop, Charles have stepped a long way, Johson, Sykes still very young BUT they have improved game by game and will either make us some cash or be first team players for some time

Absolutely they have been invested well. That new stand didnt come for free for a start and was more than overdue. Do you think the away goal end is up to standard? No its not, and that will be done well before we start frittering money. I cant remember how the ground was when you first rocked up but it was by and away the worst ground in the top five divisions, now its not. Its still the smallest and will probably remain so, but 3/4 of it now is new and shiny and functional and making money. For the first time in a long time we are not a laughing stock amongst away supporters and that counts for an awful lot in my book

Yes we did (and it was unexpected and not budgeted towards)
Yes we did (and it was unexpected but brought forward some ground improvements by a year or two or more)
Partially due to inexperienced strikers, partially because Sean didnt get going with his shooting boots and partially because Jordan cant hit a barn door

Bradford got relegated with a £5.3m playing budget and only one season after splashing around £200k each on at least 3 players (McCartan included). Many clubs invest money into transfers and pay high wages, we dont and its served us quite well on our sojourn from Tier 7

No its not nonsense at all. ASFC was a very long way behind all other clubs off the pitch. Infrastructure simply HAS to improve way beyond what it already has. Look at clubs like Cambridge, their turnover last year was around £6m - £2m more than ours and that was our best turnover EVER. I like whats happening around the place, and how we're going about things, but it needs even more if we are to get anywhere near being able to compete on a level playing field. Clubs left, right and centre are experiencing massive financial difficulties, but we aren't. We've been to the wall three times and very nearly four ...

When our fans say we arent arsed about relegation its because we know the hardships of relegation are nowhere near as hard as the hardships of coming back from the dead. Anyone who wants to risk the future of the club on whimsical money signings can 0121 do one.

all covered above buddy. Our corporate facilities for what they are, are selling out regularly, that shows that there is demand for more. Andy Holt knows better than anyone what we are making, capable of making, and what the future of incoming TV money means. He wants to create a ground that is cheap to run and maintain but capable of making better income for us.

We have 2 more builds to go, the changing room/clubhouse change and the away end - in that order. When that is complete we will be in a position to plough more generated funds into the team. If thats still in League 1 then fantastic, if its in league 2 then so what?

The changing rooms HAVE to be done and we are at the mercy of the EFL as to how long we can avoid it for, but the clubhouse being done right should ensure that we are capable of making at least an extra half million every year. The away end done right should mean extra visitors and extra spend per head. That means more money in. By the time those 2 builds are done I think we'll be there or thereabouts hitting those £5m or £6m figures that our peers are hitting.

£6m in League 1 will still be bottom of the pile though ... in League 2 (if we can maintain the crowd numbers) that would put us around mid table, in the Conference it might put us top 6 - AND THAT IS WHY WE CANNOT AND WILL NOT SPEND MORE THAN WE CAN ON THE PRODUCT.

Yes we all go to the ground to see the product, but the product is only a part of the day and currently all spends need to be on the rest of the experience.

Finally, John Coleman has a long history of having to operate in this manner and he's done pretty well at it thus far

What he said, with bells and whistles on.

Don’t know anyone who seen us at Tier 7 or 8 who isn’t loving the whole Stanley 2019-2020 experience.

We will lose prob half of our games at this level. It’s a fact. Splashing money we ain’t got is not our way!!!!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 12-01-2020, 16:59   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

its a matter of trust to me, i trust A.H. think hes doing a great job.
Old 12-01-2020, 17:33   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Who is that aimed at Cashman ?
Old 12-01-2020, 18:11   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Who is that aimed at Cashman ?
guess
Old 12-01-2020, 19:26   #86
God Member

Smile Re: Ipswich Town match thread

Quote:
guess

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 12-01-2020, 19:55   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
guess
Myself ?
Old 12-01-2020, 20:06   #88
Senior Member+

You’re actually quite an amusing guy Cashy.
It’s quite interesting to read through your post history.
So many contradictions it’s not true.
What is blatantly obvious however is that when you run out of constructive comments you resort to childish retorts and your mates join in with enthusiasm.
I’ve one or two brain cells but even with my limited mathematical abilities that means one or two more than your good self.
Would you like me to write the sum out for you or are you capable of mental maths 2-2 = ?
Old 12-01-2020, 20:36   #89
Senior Member+

Like 2 bald blokes arguing over a comb
MikeA, AccyMad, Kiwi John and 3 others like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 12-01-2020, 20:57   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Like 2 bald blokes at rguing over a comb
I am losing my hair gradually but I am not quite bald.

I know a bald bloke though who has a comb made of SOLID GOLD....
When he runs his Golden Comb through the thatch of non league and lower league football, his comb regularly picks up some Golden Dandruff which he brings to The Wham Stadium and he sprinkles it on to the pitch. Magically, it then turns into Golden players and a Golden team playing in the Red of Accrington Stanley.
Long live our Bald guy who builds and picks our team and another Bald bloke who backs him up with a limited amount of bus fares to get around the football scene.
I love Bald blokes and Combs!
Willie Miller likes this.

Last edited by choirboy; 12-01-2020 at 21:02.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..