Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2020, 18:21   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Southend Utd match thread.

I give up.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-01-2020, 18:25   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
This was a game which, with the chances created The Reds should have won with ease,
but somehow contrived to lose in a rather shambolic manner !.
The sad thing was that as the game progressed our team play grew steadily worse !..
So many basic errors were made and a lack of direction was plain for all to see.
Much of this must emanate from the inept play and lack of leadership from the Team Captain who by his failings must have instilled a feeling of helplessness and a lowering of confidence in the other players. Any team looking for success must have a strong and enthusiastic leader, this was never in evidence this afternoon.
It pains me to say this, but In summary, I witnessed a poor game of football produced by teams who at this moment must be the worst in Division 1 .

Quo Vadis Accrington Stanley ?. 🤔🤔
How many chances did we miss first half Sir ?
Not an under estimation to say 6.
What has that got to do with our defensive midfielder and captain ?
Let me make it clear if there are brick bats to be thrown - and today there are several - then let’s cast them in all directions.
baldy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 18:32   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Distribution was very poor, why on earth for 90mins we persisted in lobbing the ball up front when it clearly was not working beats the hell outa me, for about 10mins of the game we played the ball low and we looked much better! are people thick or what? i really do wonder,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Who are you accusing of being thick Cashman ? Be specific.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
when yeh learn to read whats been written yeh may just understand, i asked a question not accused. is that specific enough?
Quote:
I give up.
if i couldnt read what had been written and understand it, i would probably give up myself.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 18-01-2020, 18:55   #19
Full Member+

strange squad selection today, Zanzala only attacking threat on the bench.
Even more strange no Carvalho/Sousa given Clicker only just back from injury.
Bishop struggled to get in the game today. Possibly still not 100% but needs must.
Harsh to criticise Seamus specifically, made to look worse than he was by some awful passing.
More than once he was passed the ball and the same player who gave it him shouted man on straight away. Why pass to someone marked??
Really, really lazy passes, Finley in particular.
Coley raves about Alese but harsh on lad playing LB.
I wish I could like Zanzala but every game he just looks like he has never played football before. He has neither strength nor pace. Would take a player like Colby or Dion over him any day of week.
3 strikers missing with Kee & CBR away, whilst Connor Simpson must be biggest mistake of season. 3 salaries being paid.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 19:19   #20
Senior Member+

All in all a pretty poor show, poor passing was evident, too many chances missed, this is just football sometimes everything goes right & sometimes they don’t, but the desire to close the opposition down was sadly missing from many players today
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 20:16   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
How many chances did we miss first half Sir ?
Not an under estimation to say 6.
What has that got to do with our defensive midfielder and captain ?
Let me make it clear if there are brick bats to be thrown - and today there are several - then let’s cast them in all directions.
And let ME make it clear that amongst the strange exhibition of non-skills and lack of spirit and drive on show this afternoon from almost every player, the example given in the OPINION ( NB OPINION ! ) which I chose to share was for me one of the more important elements in all those which made for the defeat.

I could, as you probably could also, and suggest if i read your reply accurately, tabulate a list of the underachievments on show throughout the team, but this would I reckon be lengthy, boring , and non-productive,.
So again let me make it clear that this was me stating an OPINION, which I think is still permissible on our Forum, and not throwing a critique acerbeù, something which I would never do intentionally !.

Quo Vadis Accrington Stanley ??
cashman and DaveinGermany like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 20:20   #22
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Do like your posts Yonnie, always got big words in you need a dictionary/thesaurus for.
Old 18-01-2020, 20:52   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

guess where i would like to throw one?
Old 18-01-2020, 21:18   #24
God Member

Yes, Stanley created lots of chances today. Pity two of them were taken by Southend.
After the performance at Ipswich, this is relegation form and, as Mrs.Exile observed, the apparent arguing and bickering amongst some of the players bodes ill.
yonmon likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 21:19   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Geezzzz. WTF is going on ? NOT HAPPY. ..and thats it for me starting matchday threads.
Well KJ, you've done it again mate but I must take some responsibility for today's debacle myself. I couldn't be there today & obviously this had a big impact on our team, I apologise profusely & promise not to miss another home game this season
yonmon likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2020, 21:32   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Yes, Stanley created lots of chances today. Pity two of them were taken by Southend.
After the performance at Ipswich, this is relegation form and, as Mrs.Exile observed, the apparent arguing and bickering amongst some of the players bodes ill.
Thinking of 'relegation form ' Exile, Now that the gap between The Reds and Shrewsbury has extended to 5 points, are they not now firmly established as members of ' the bottom-seven club ? '
Some urgent repairs necessary methinks !.

( ps ... this is just my opinion !! . )
Outback Ozzy likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 00:33   #27

Played ok first half, awful second.
I agree that the sub seemed strange.
Just didn’t click today, and probably no point over analysing it. One of those days.
I think we miss Sean though. Just gives more to the midfield than Pritchard does.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 07:22   #28
Senior Member+

What’s happened to Connnor Simpson?
Simply not good enough for this level of football?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 07:59   #29
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What’s happened to Connnor Simpson?
Simply not good enough for this level of football?
Not good enough.
not injured....don’t think we can terminate loan either unless Preston want to recall...
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 08:00   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Played ok first half, awful second.
I agree that the sub seemed strange.
Just didn’t click today, and probably no point over analysing it. One of those days.
I think we miss Sean though. Just gives more to the midfield than Pritchard does.
Pritchard is being played out of position should be where Finley is he was good damn awful yesterday as was most of the team only player who was anywhere near his normal game was hauled off and replaced by the awful Zanzala who I,m afraid goes worse with every appearance, agree Simpson never gets a look in pointless him being here send him back get someone else in.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..