Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2020, 16:56   #61
God Member

Re: Southend Utd match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Got to agree there Cashy,for a big lad he has great balance and composure.
His parents and sister are deaf,so hes had a few hurdles to get over and its his birthday today i think !!!!
Attacking midfielder is his best position IMO
No coincidence he is driving the top of the table,s midfield.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2020, 18:28   #62
Senior Member+

The biggest problem with Matty is that he is injury prone.
No doubting his ability.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 21:00   #63

I have to disagree about our midfield this season... clark, Finley, McConville are all top players and Conneely does ok. Weakened a lot now Sean is out.

I think our form is largely down to our chronic shooting ability. Would be interesting to know if they practice this hour after hour like you’d expect young players who want to improve would... I doubt it.
AccyMad likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2020, 21:42   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I have to disagree about our midfield this season... clark, Finley, McConville are all top players and Conneely does ok. Weakened a lot now Sean is out.

I think our form is largely down to our chronic shooting ability. Would be interesting to know if they practice this hour after hour like you’d expect young players who want to improve would... I doubt it.
I’m sure they do practice regularly.
However we’ve two lads up there who have jumped several leagues.
It’s to be expected.
That’s why I stand by my statement made many many times we need experience.
Experience needs investment.
You make your choices and have to stick by them.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 21-01-2020, 07:44   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I’m sure they do practice regularly.
However we’ve two lads up there who have jumped several leagues.
It’s to be expected.
That’s why I stand by my statement made many many times we need experience.
Experience needs investment.
You make your choices and have to stick by them.
How many times the money isn't there if we were to pay everyone Billy Kee,s salary as befits his experience from what I.m led to believe what is salary is on present budget of approximately£1,500,000 we could sign about 13 players.
Old 21-01-2020, 07:53   #66
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
How many times the money isn't there if we were to pay everyone Billy Kee,s salary as befits his experience from what I.m led to believe what is salary is on present budget of approximately£1,500,000 we could sign about 13 players.
In fact according to figures just announced league 2 average wages £1700 a week so even back down there we would struggle as our budget would probably have to shrink get in the real Stanley world.
Old 21-01-2020, 11:44   #67
Senior Member+

Andy - it's getting boring now. No one is right, no one is wrong. The fact there's nothing there is what troubles me. We collected £2.3 mill from Jackson and Donacien and a paltry amount was invested in the team - mostly on facilities. Many agree with that - many don't. That's why I said you make your choices and have to stick by them.
Old 21-01-2020, 11:47   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
No one has said pay everyone ! If you cant see we're crying out for experience up front then so be it. Put the corporate development on hold and spend wisely and that would get you experience.
I know this opinion is very unpopular and I'm in the vast minority.
Old 21-01-2020, 17:19   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
No one has said pay everyone ! If you cant see we're crying out for experience up front then so be it. Put the corporate development on hold and spend wisely and that would get you experience.
I know this opinion is very unpopular and I'm in the vast minority.

Not altogether Twenty Eight !. Like you say it's all a question of choice really. We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.
That for me is an enigma which, as I sit in my seat amongst my friends in the Main Stand,is likely to face, and mildly trouble me until this season is played out !.
But being one of a placid and patient disposition I shall face it with my usual equanimity thinking that life in League 2 won't be that bad after all ! 🤔

ON STANLEY... ON TO GREATER THINGS !!
MikeA, AccyMad and Revived Red like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 15:55   #70
God Member

[QUOTE=yonmon;1236020][/B]

We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.

honestly i think we will just about survive this season with possibly the lowest number of points gained by anyone who has. for me the majority of signings that have been made were the type of lads we would have picked up as a division 2 club. save dor a couple of exceptions for me we are a mid table division 2 side struggling a bit in div.1.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 17:34   #71
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1236135]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
[/B]

We can't ( well I cant anyway !) surmise what lies in the collective minds of the Chairman or the Manager to direct their decision making relating to the future of Accrington Stanley, But fan-wise I reckon that at this moment in time , we must choose between quietly hugging ourselves as we watch our little Stadium grow in stature and attractiveness and watching a mediocre to poor squad of players struggling to find the shape and effort to escape from potential relegation !.

honestly i think we will just about survive this season with possibly the lowest number of points gained by anyone who has. for me the majority of signings that have been made were the type of lads we would have picked up as a division 2 club. save dor a couple of exceptions for me we are a mid table division 2 side struggling a bit in div.1.
A sad reflection MH ?, But possibly justified by virtue of current form ?.

Like me I am sure that you are thirsting for better things from The Reds, and hoping that these turn up soon !. 😎.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2020, 09:37   #72
God Member

[QUOTE=yonmon;1236141]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

A sad reflection MH ?, But possibly justified by virtue of current form ?.

Like me I am sure that you are thirsting for better things from The Reds, and hoping that these turn up soon !. 😎.
head is always before heart for me on everything. been accused more than once on not having the latter. have not been for awhile due to illness but hope to make it back next tuesday night for stanley to continue in the same vein as my last game, portsmouth.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..