Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-01-2020, 21:59   #16
Full Member+

Re: Salford

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Disagree,
Last chance of success and extra income wasted against a lesser league 2 side

I didn't attend the game but a Chap that did was astonished Coleman didn't make any substitutions as it was clear in the 2nd half some of the Stanley players were both mentally and physically fatigued

Whilst I disagree with the whole ‘concentrate’ on league statement people seem to love when getting knocked out of a cup competition ; the reality is that being in League 1 instead of 2 will generate more income than a day out at Wembley.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-01-2020, 22:04   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Whilst I disagree with the whole ‘concentrate’ on league statement people seem to love when getting knocked out of a cup competition ; the reality is that being in League 1 instead of 2 will generate more income than a day out at Wembley.
Correct

But it’s not one or the other, we can do both. Plenty of teams have reached the EFL trophy final and not been relegated.

Bad recruitment in the summer and a lack of cup runs In the past 2 years are hampering progress this season; tonight was a good opportunity wasted.
accytom18 and monkey hanger like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2020, 22:17   #18
God Member

Quote:
No pride, no passion, no belief, no commitment.
Pritchard and Hughes only ones who can take some credit in their performance.
Sykes absolutely abysmal, distribution was horrendous.
Finley, Johnson and Charles must have thought the ball was a babies head given how soft they passed it.
Alese looked petrified to get forward. Pritchard played well but had no help from Aji making forward runs.
Clicker needs to realise you don’t get a goal for beating 3 men and ending up near the corner flag, but you do by putting the ball in the net. He also needs to remember his left foot is worse than his right for shooting. Another game where we need him to create a spark and nothing.
Zanzala looks like Bambi on ice. Unless the ball is in front of him he seems to have no idea what to do.

Simpson must be even more dreadful than I thought.
Coley got subs bench wrong tonight. As he did Saturday.
No Carvalho or Sousa. Yet 3 centre midfielders.

First time all season the thought of not being good enough has crossed my mind.
We should be good enough. But can we be?
Doesn't matter whose on the bench if you choose not to use them might as well just turn up with 11 beaten by thier reserve side.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2020, 23:23   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

Never despair Lord S !... To quote YAZZ ... ' The only way is up !! '.
Methinks Talking Heads be more appropriate......
'We're on the road to nowhere!'
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2020, 23:23   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Maybe. But £50,000 from beating Salford would have been handy.
yonmon and pifco like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 08:07   #21
God Member

Team performance last night,
Berzick 6 mistake for goal,
Johnson 6 not up to usual standard,
Sykes 4 fault for goal distribution awful young needs a break,
Hughes 7 played well distribution good,
Alese 5 never a full back put him in for Sykes,
Clarke 5 poor trying to take on too many no decent crosses all night,
Finley 6 scored spoilt his game getting caught up in spats lucky to stay on pitch after poke in players eye,
Conneely 6 tried to move ball quickly faded knocked off ball to easily as game wore on,
Pritchard 7 Played quite well good delivering of balls forward nobody on the end of them,
Zanzala 4 very poor less said the better,
Charles 4 also poor ball like a ping-pong at his feet not his night.,
Bench might as well not got stripped for the game,
Management team 4 no tactics no use of subs left the competition meekly.
Old 22-01-2020, 09:42   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Team performance last night,
Berzick 6 mistake for goal,
Johnson 6 not up to usual standard,
Sykes 4 fault for goal distribution awful young needs a break,
Hughes 7 played well distribution good,
Alese 5 never a full back put him in for Sykes,
Clarke 5 poor trying to take on too many no decent crosses all night,
Finley 6 scored spoilt his game getting caught up in spats lucky to stay on pitch after poke in players eye,
Conneely 6 tried to move ball quickly faded knocked off ball to easily as game wore on,
Pritchard 7 Played quite well good delivering of balls forward nobody on the end of them,
Zanzala 4 very poor less said the better,
Charles 4 also poor ball like a ping-pong at his feet not his night.,
Bench might as well not got stripped for the game,
Management team 4 no tactics no use of subs left the competition meekly.
Couldn’t agree more, other than I gave the curry and rice a 9.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 09:56   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would give the management team ZERO mark, not making a substitution when after first 20 mins we were not at races is pathetic to me, also the nearest we came to an eqalizer, was a free kick just out of the area, when |Bursik came way down field to take it, what does that say about our so called strikers? ok bursik cocked up for there goal, but at least the lad tried to get a result, how many times was the ball up front with a shot on? how many times did we pass instead and the chance was missed?
accytom18 likes this.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:09   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would give the management team ZERO mark, not making a substitution when after first 20 mins we were not at races is pathetic to me, also the nearest we came to an eqalizer, was a free kick just out of the area, when |Bursik came way down field to take it, what does that say about our so called strikers? ok bursik cocked up for there goal, but at least the lad tried to get a result, how many times was the ball up front with a shot on? how many times did we pass instead and the chance was missed?
Cashy Bursik shouldn't be up there taking a free kick were is the leadership on the pitch or on the touchline could go wrong and lead straight to a goal in our net worst thing I,ve seen in a while, as well as this team that seems to run out of ideas and enthusiasm around about 25 minutes into a game something needs to be done about forward options as ours are rank at the moment some of the worst I,ve ever seen watching Stanley.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:21   #25
Full Member+

Quote:
What substitution would you have made Cashy?
Old 22-01-2020, 10:35   #26

Quote:
Fully agree with your first sentiment StanleyJosh.
However, I think the initial euphoria of reaching the heights of L1 is already starting to wane, reflected by the slowly falling attendances.
I know many supporters regard this competition as a tin-pot trophy but, let's be honest, this was probably our one & only chance of appearing on the hallowed turf of Wembley.
I don't know what the finalist's receive for reaching Wembley but I do know that half of Accrington would have turned out, not to mention the many exiles who still have affection for their home town team.
We don't follow football to generate income for the club, we follow it because we crave our day in the sun.
Success is the only guarantee of wealth in any sphere, failure the fastest route to penury.
If this bad run continues, watch the income disappear faster than you can say 'Bob's Your Uncle!'
yonmon likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 10:37   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i dont know who the subs were, but to be honest i would have took off Finley though he scored he was very poor again, i would have put a couple of players on on the hour, there is NO plan B, doubt if they even know what that is.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:44   #28
Full Member+

Quote:
i dont know who the subs were, but to be honest i would have took off Finley though he scored he was very poor again, i would have put a couple of players on on the hour, there is NO plan B, doubt if they even know what that is.
You don't know who the subs were? C'mon Cashy, how poor does that sound.

Savin, Rodgers, Maguire, Barclay, LKS, Diallo, Simpson.

With that bench I would not have made 1 change either.

If Carvalho/Sousa was on bench, I would have taken off Ozzy, and put one of those on. Pushed Sykes up top to make a nuisance of himself, and dropped Pritchard into the middle to pick up the second ball.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:47   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i have no idea how it sounds and care even less, am pretty deaf so never heard announcement, ozzy woulda been the other un i removed.so not a great deal on bench but thats Super Johnny Coleman for yeh.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:57   #30
Full Member+

Quote:
i have no idea how it sounds and care even less, am pretty deaf so never heard announcement, ozzy woulda been the other un i removed.so not a great deal on bench but thats Super Johnny Coleman for yeh.
Keeping in mind we are missing Billy, Sean and Courtney....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..