Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2020, 11:03   #31

Re: Salford

Does anyone know why Sousa does not get a look in as an impact player?

I can only remember seeing him twice and both times he kinda turned the game (Stevenage 3-2 and Fleetwood in the tin pot cup).
accytom18 likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-01-2020, 11:05   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
You don't know who the subs were? C'mon Cashy, how poor does that sound.

Savin, Rodgers, Maguire, Barclay, LKS, Diallo, Simpson.

With that bench I would not have made 1 change either.

If Carvalho/Sousa was on bench, I would have taken off Ozzy, and put one of those on. Pushed Sykes up top to make a nuisance of himself, and dropped Pritchard into the middle to pick up the second ball.
Could have pushed Alese into midfield has good feet isn,t a left back could have brought Maguire on who has a good left peg, as for forwards someone out of the crowd couldn't have been much worse.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 12:00   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Keeping in mind we are missing Billy, Sean and Courtney....
The first two, yes.
But CB-R only made 2 appearance so we’re hardly missing him and, from two games, can’t say he’d even be Stanley’s saviour.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 12:32   #34

I wasn't there last night, but amazed that there's a suggestion that Finley be subbed. He must have had a nightmare.....Even at his worst he's still our best player? no?

Looking at the league table, we've scored two more goals than Wycombe this season. Does that represent a forward crisis? From the matches I've seen I'd say Bishop + Charles are reasonably effective, although in common with all other players, their shooting is crap. We are creating loads of chances - enough to see us in the top half of the table - having good possession and the defence is not getting torn apart.

It's just a case of keeping the faith and not panicking.... and maybe a few extra hours trying to hit a barn door from 10-20 yards.
AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 13:27   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Im a big Finley fan, but he aint been up to the mark last few games,
Watchdog likes this.
Old 22-01-2020, 13:41   #36

'It's just a case of keeping the faith and not panicking.... and maybe a few extra hours trying to hit a barn door from 10-20 yards.'

How about a couple of days on the wobble board for Zanzala. I'd make him sleep standing up. Give his muscles something to remember.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 13:42   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I wasn't there last night, but amazed that there's a suggestion that Finley be subbed. He must have had a nightmare.....Even at his worst he's still our best player? no?

Looking at the league table, we've scored two more goals than Wycombe this season. Does that represent a forward crisis? From the matches I've seen I'd say Bishop + Charles are reasonably effective, although in common with all other players, their shooting is crap. We are creating loads of chances - enough to see us in the top half of the table - having good possession and the defence is not getting torn apart.

It's just a case of keeping the faith and not panicking.... and maybe a few extra hours trying to hit a barn door from 10-20 yards.
If you think that Finley is our best player even at his worse then "Lord" have mercy on us all.
cashman likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 13:59   #38

Reference to Lord D .....
“It's just a case of keeping the faith and not panicking.... and maybe a few extra hours trying to hit a barn door from 10-20 yards.”

I have every confidence in all our strikers hitting a barn door. What separates teams at this level is hitting “a cows arse”.

Time for Coley to invest in more banjos!

Frankly, poor recruitment was called out by many on here before the start of the season. Too many contract favours in lieu of proper scouting for punts which is usually our strength.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 15:14   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats Super Johnny Coleman for yeh.
I know 4 promotions
Ain’t it brilliant
MikeA, KiTChener and choirboy like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 16:17   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
I know 4 promotions
Ain’t it brilliant
Terrible intit!
Willie Miller likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 16:19   #41
Senior Member+

Talking Re: Salford

Quote:
I know 4 promotions
Ain’t it brilliant
Just Awful!
Willie Miller likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 17:13   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Could have pushed Alese into midfield has good feet isn,t a left back could have brought Maguire on who has a good left peg, as for forwards someone out of the crowd couldn't have been much worse.
Let’s name 3 CM subs but push an inexperienced CB into the middle.

Are we playing Fifa or professional football?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 17:13   #43
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I know 4 promotions
Ain’t it brilliant
it certainly is no doubt willie, but everyone has a level, though thats hard for some to grasp.
Old 22-01-2020, 18:15   #44
Full Member+

What happened yesterday has gone, we cant bring it back, but we can look forward to the next game, onwards and upwards.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 18:29   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
it certainly is no doubt willie, but everyone has a level, though thats hard for some to grasp.
There’s been 5 manager of the months this season for League 1...... Coley one out of 23 possible to win one of em

Pretty sure Kenny Jackett, Paul Lambert, Larry Grayson are quite experienced Football League managers. All licking their wounds after Coley took the points off em

Easy to be critical when it goes wrong. Forum dead when we win
MikeA and choirboy like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..