Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-01-2020, 18:41   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Salford

its also easy to kiss ass,
Old 22-01-2020, 18:56   #47
Senior Member+

You can’t kiss arse on here mate. I’ve already told you he doesn’t go on it never has. I also reminded you that his brother no longer comes on either because of the lack of respect

You’re old school.

Surely you subscribe to the mantra “don’t type anything you wouldn’t say to his face? “

This is a man that dragged this club from the pub leagues to playing Sunderland on TV and 2 games from Wembley. This is a guy that bleeds red and white. This is a guy responsible for all the best moments following the reds over the last 20 years. You remember what it was like before Coleman? Dog****, pub leagues, playing teams with 50 supporters....

Criticise his selection etc by all means. But the disrespectful “football genius eh” “the messiah” is out of order. This is the greatest period Accy Stanley have ever had. He’s our greatest asset and you’ll prob only realise that when he’s gone

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 19:05   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no one i know knocks what he has acheived, that would be disrespectful, also i did not critisise selection i critisise not using any subs when we are doing nothing. the football genius is sung every match, i know quite a few who that certainly tickles. praise is earned as far as im concerned, not just given out, i certainly dont expect him or any manager to get us even higher, but common sense i do expect,
accytom18 likes this.
Old 22-01-2020, 19:09   #49
God Member

Is this the 5 minute argument or the full half hour in Terry Jones’ memory!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 19:44   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Reference to Lord D .....
“It's just a case of keeping the faith and not panicking.... and maybe a few extra hours trying to hit a barn door from 10-20 yards.”

I have every confidence in all our strikers hitting a barn door. What separates teams at this level is hitting “a cows arse”.

Time for Coley to invest in more banjos!

Frankly, poor recruitment was called out by many on here before the start of the season. Too many contract favours in lieu of proper scouting for punts which is usually our strength.
100% right my friend. However you can’t keep unearthing diamonds (I use the word carefully) and there will always come a time to invest.
Next season if we survive is going to be an even bigger job for Coley because I can’t see Clark Johnson or Sykes remaining for instance.
But hey you have fans who say que sera sera. Great whatever makes you happy. Nice pitch nice corporate facilities but reducing crowds and no investment in the team. Lost for words. Losing to Salford reserves was the icing on the cake.
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 20:17   #51
God Member

I thought the icing on the cake was the season Stanley lost to Guiseley in the Cup
AccyMad and Spartacus2nd like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 20:21   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I thought the icing on the cake was the season Stanley lost to Guiseley in the Cup
I think the icing on the cake was Bambwr Bridge drubbing
choirboy likes this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 20:26   #53
Senior Member+

I’m talking about the here and now.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 21:20   #54
Senior Member+

Difficult to point fingers from 5000 miles away and having to judge by listening to all these opinion so!! #1 Coley is here by merit, 100 per cent, #2 players can have off days but there's never an excuse not to be giving 100 per cent which appears to be the problem with Stanley of late, #3 the best way to remind a player who doesn't give everything is to sit him on the bench, #4 A captains job is to bollock his team mates in to raising their game, hope this is the case. #5 Trust Coley to get us through this rubbish patch.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2020, 22:42   #55

Plenty of clubs that have invested in players, Twenty Eight, and it all turned to ****.

Got to invest in the infrastructure when times are good, cos you can’t do it when times are bad. If andy holt invests more in players it’s just going to push up a wage bill that even now doesn’t get covered by regular income.

May I remind you that we are still a tiny club and that will never change. We will not stay in league one forever and we couldn’t live in the championship. If we get back to league two or the conf and these years have massively improved the ground, have given us a solid financial base and given the fans many seasons to remember it’s all you can ask.

Sadly, that’s the reality. It’s also a reality that we are doing ok, and generally holding our own in league one. No need to change that much, let alone panic.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 07:00   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Plenty of clubs that have invested in players, Twenty Eight, and it all turned to ****.

Got to invest in the infrastructure when times are good, cos you can’t do it when times are bad. If andy holt invests more in players it’s just going to push up a wage bill that even now doesn’t get covered by regular income.

May I remind you that we are still a tiny club and that will never change. We will not stay in league one forever and we couldn’t live in the championship. If we get back to league two or the conf and these years have massively improved the ground, have given us a solid financial base and given the fans many seasons to remember it’s all you can ask.

Sadly, that’s the reality. It’s also a reality that we are doing ok, and generally holding our own in league one. No need to change that much, let alone panic.
Agree 100%

But that shouldn’t mean we are happy with losing to a lesser league 2 club in a competition that has the potential to bring in additional income
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 07:22   #57

Doubt if anyone is happy about it, Dav. Just that there’s not much can be done about it. Losing to lower league teams is a fact of life in cup competitions isn’t it?
DAV007 likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 07:28   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
100% right my friend. However you can’t keep unearthing diamonds (I use the word carefully) and there will always come a time to invest.
Next season if we survive is going to be an even bigger job for Coley because I can’t see Clark Johnson or Sykes remaining for instance.
But hey you have fans who say que sera sera. Great whatever makes you happy. Nice pitch nice corporate facilities but reducing crowds and no investment in the team. Lost for words. Losing to Salford reserves was the icing on the cake.
I can remember 1 cold Tuesday night before the Holt era playing Hartlepool infront of just over 900 people including away fans ground dropping to bits toilets not fit for purpose team budget a lot less than now we were on the slide to oblivion and extinction without Mr., Holt's takeover and wise IMHO of money investment in both ground and playing budget we have gone from strength to strength. If we stay up this season great achievement if not we are far better financially to avoid a slip down to the National leagues and even worse oblivion, I know which approach financially I prefer.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 08:51   #59
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no one i know knocks what he has acheived, that would be disrespectful, also i did not critisise selection i critisise not using any subs when we are doing nothing. the football genius is sung every match, i know quite a few who that certainly tickles. praise is earned as far as im concerned, not just given out, i certainly dont expect him or any manager to get us even higher, but common sense i do expect,
true cashy. john coleman might have learned many things in his life in football but making substitutions is something he has never learned. its got to be a standing joke for those around me when the clock reaches a eighty five minuit mark. you know thats its subs time. unless we have an injury it very rarely happens before this. he admits he does not like making subs but its been part of the game for years now.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 09:35   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
true cashy. john coleman might have learned many things in his life in football but making substitutions is something he has never learned. its got to be a standing joke for those around me when the clock reaches a eighty five minuit mark. you know thats its subs time. unless we have an injury it very rarely happens before this. he admits he does not like making subs but its been part of the game for years now.
As even the great Jurgen Klopp has discovered to his benefit after many years of insisting that the eleven players starting a match should be on the field at it's ending !.

His subtle use of changing players and formations to match the needs of a game is fascinating to watch. Is it not possible that other Managers, perhaps of lesser stature,
might benefit from following his example ?.
cashman and Revived Red like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..