Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-01-2020, 21:16   #1

Peterboro home thread 2020

Peterboro won because of there ability to finish. Both sides created a lot of chances but the Boro had the class to finish unfortunately we don't. I can't fault are endeavour tonight even 2-0 down we kept battling. Between Charles, Pritchard, zanzala, Clark and diallo we couldnt work the keeper enough.
Other comments on players, Opuku seems to have gone of the boil, shows his frustrations quite a bit.
Clark like he does often was great on the ball and beating men at times but his end product was a little short. Not seen Bursik hit a good free kick yet.
Hopefully we can keep the endeavour against the upcoming sides whom don't have same forward power as the posh. Need to start grinding out a few wins!
Was pleased with the way the Clayton end kept going making noise despite us being 2 goals down. I think continuing to be the 12th Man we can hopefully help the reds stay in league 1. That I feel would be quite an achievement.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-01-2020, 21:23   #2
God Member

Re: Peterboro home thread 2020

The problem hopefully of not being able to finish doesn't surface against sides below us starting Saturday against Wimbledon or we could slip into trouble.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 21:28   #3
Senior Member+

Depressed.
We haven’t got a player capable of hitting a barn door.
Lose Saturday and we are totally in the brown stuff.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 21:33   #4
Senior Member+

What a damning observation of our “forwards” that we resort to the keeper taking set pieces ..... who couldn’t even pick out a player when clearing his lines !
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-01-2020, 21:37   #5
God Member

I noticed tonight how quiet we were no leadership on the pitch whole team looking short of confidence even the usual reliable Johnson looking out of sorts tonight, everyone apart from Conneely constantly giving the ball away shame because Peterborough for all their quality scored an offside goal and if we had been more ruthless in front of goal could have maybe got something from the game

Last edited by andyd; 28-01-2020 at 21:39.
Old 28-01-2020, 22:04   #6
Senior Member+

Conneely is an unsung hero at times Andy. Easy target for some with their vitriole and totally silent with praise when deserved.
Our best player by a country mile last few games.
Let’s not beat about the bush we are in trouble you can even sense that from Coleys post match interview.
No feeling we’re anywhere near getting anyone in.
The one player who shocked me the most tonight was Opoku. Languid disinterested .... why ?

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 28-01-2020 at 22:08.
Old 28-01-2020, 22:12   #7
God Member

Our big problem is finishing not just this season last year as well, we have no options on the bench everyone else injured Coley talking about Baker Richardson maybe being fit in February which is diverting thought away from bringing someone in I agree looking like we are struggling to attract anyone in now talking more about wide players we need strikers.
Old 28-01-2020, 22:28   #8

I actually think alot of Dion Charles game is improving. He works very hard during games.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2020, 23:01   #9
Senior Member+

Chevyfire !..

Peterborough won because they were better than Stanley in every position on the
field !.

JC confirmed this in his post-match interview and it must have been obvious to everyone watching !.. Could this be down to the fact that they can afford to buy and pay superior players to those making up the Stanley squad ?....probably so !.

No use then of crying into spilt milk tonight ! , just bite the bullet and look forward to the coming games against lesser opponents.

ps.... Whoever chose the MOM tonight got it terribly wrong !!.

😎
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 07:39   #10
Senior Member+

I see no-one mentioned Peterboroughs 2nd goal. Who in red played the goalscorer onside? Certainly wasn't Sykes or Hughes. Yes they finished better than us, but I think some folk are watching a different game to me! Opuku, up to being taken off didn't seem disinterested at all. He ran at the opposition and caused terror in their midfield and back line. Clicker and Callum linked up well, but they tried to out football a footballing team ie the backs and midfield were quick players and a lot quicker than ours. Regarding Bursik taking the free kick, He either scored, or put it out of the stadium to give him a chance to run back, unfortunately it was the latter. The Dons on Saturday is now a must win game and hopefully, we can get someone in by Friday! as a post-script, where did all our home support disappear too? 1816 is a disappointing crowd!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!

Last edited by Outback Ozzy; 29-01-2020 at 07:41. Reason: addition
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 08:05   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I see no-one mentioned Peterboroughs 2nd goal. Who in red played the goalscorer onside? Certainly wasn't Sykes or Hughes. Yes they finished better than us, but I think some folk are watching a different game to me! Opuku, up to being taken off didn't seem disinterested at all. He ran at the opposition and caused terror in their midfield and back line. Clicker and Callum linked up well, but they tried to out football a footballing team ie the backs and midfield were quick players and a lot quicker than ours. Regarding Bursik taking the free kick, He either scored, or put it out of the stadium to give him a chance to run back, unfortunately it was the latter. The Dons on Saturday is now a must win game and hopefully, we can get someone in by Friday! as a post-script, where did all our home support disappear too? 1816 is a disappointing crowd!
Regarding the crowd a few fa tours disappointing game and results at home, cold Tuesday night, honeymoon off promotion long in the memory slowly shrinking hopefully not to much back to the diehards.
Old 29-01-2020, 08:54   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Depressed.
We haven’t got a player capable of hitting a barn door.
Lose Saturday and we are totally in the brown stuff.
no sean, no colby b in the side. no finley in midfield. we were there for the taking last night. just cannot see the point also about the size of our squad. its cerainly a matter of quantity over quality. can coley bring in someone before the end of the window. says he is trying but more than a little worried that what if anyone he does get may not have benn his first choice.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 09:00   #13
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1236425]What a damning observation of our “forwards” that we resort to the keeper taking set pieces .....

doubt you,d even see anything like that in the under 9,s. friendly game. if there isn,t an outfield player capable of taking a free kick then its time to give up.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 09:07   #14
God Member

They must have changed the rule if this wasn’t offside.

The linesman should have his wages docked for decisions like that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2C2492FA-315F-4609-8058-A1776AFDA012.jpeg (257.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpeg AF5B756B-850B-4B4B-B677-65ABEDF20BA0.jpeg (282.7 KB, 24 views)
AccyMad and Outback Ozzy like this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2020, 09:11   #15
God Member

Watching last night's game I couldn't help noticing the difference in movement off the ball between there forwards and ours Toney especially his movement off the ball is a creative midfielder,s dream no wonder players like Conneely invariably play backwards or sideways our forwards off ball movement is very static a lot of the time. Hopefully Saturday we may have somebody in that front line that can move a bit and hit the target and not fresh air above or wide of it.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..