Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2020, 06:58   #31
God Member

Talking Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 31 v Shrewsbury Town (away)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
That'll be a "no", I think you'll find

Meanie

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-02-2020, 11:17   #32
Senior Member+

Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 31 v Shrewsbury Town (away)

A Change Up Front Brings A Change Up Top

Some of you may have realised over time that I’m usually quicker on the drivel when we win a game …. so why is this one late? Mainly because I had it nearly ready to go on Wednesday, took a break , finished it off and when I pressed “post” found the website had timed me out , so all my perfectly crafted words were lost. And it’s taken me a wee while to discover my motivation to try and redo it …. sigh ….

Anyway …. A quite substantial and in some cases highly unusual loss of faith amongst our leaders resulted in a number of changes to the Prediction League table following our oh-so-welcome second win on the trot in some Gay, New or Watery Salopian meadow on Tuesday. Of our top 13 players from Saturday’s table, only Valairian and Outback Ozzy went for a Stanley win , with 6 others on the fence, 4 breaking ranks completely, and Taypot registering a no-show. And as a result Val displaced our long-term leader Monkey Hanger from his place on top of the heap by a single point , Ozzy slipped by Accybeme to take 4th, and faithful MikeA was able to leap into the elite from 14th, evicting Kiwi John from the top table in the process.

Contrariwise , of those starting below Mike, everybody who had a go (except Football19 ) went for the win. I suppose this display of true faith / cock-eyed optimism (delete as required) goes some way to explaining why we all started the evening in the lower half of the table , but at least it paid off this time. Amongst our number were the only two to land a maxi , Cashman’s taking him from 17th to 13th and Tom D’s a less spectacular rise from 26th to 25th. F19’s lack of belief saw him slide from 19th to 22=, while Taypot’s lack of posting made him the other major faller, down from 12th to 17th.

So, roll on the free-falling Imps. If we could just make it 3 on the row , we’ll overtake them and either Blackpool or Brizzle, depending on what they do unto one another. And wouldn’t that be nice …..

On Stanley On!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPL 200211 - 11 Feb 20.doc (85.0 KB, 9 views)
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 14-02-2020, 12:23   #33
God Member

When writing a long post, I always write it in Word firstly, play with it until I am happy, then post it

Just a thought my friend

Old 14-02-2020, 12:26   #34
God Member

Red face Re: 2019/20 Prediction League; Game 31 v Shrewsbury Town (away)

And I have just realised what I have posted
DaveinGermany likes this.

Old 14-02-2020, 13:32   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

[QUOTE=Chimer;1237042]A Change Up Front Brings A Change Up Top

Some of you may have realised over time that I’m usually quicker on the drivel when we win a game …. so why is this one late? Mainly because I had it nearly ready to go on Wednesday, took a break , finished it off and when I pressed “post” found the website had timed me out , so all my perfectly crafted words were lost. And it’s taken me a wee while to discover my motivation to try and redo it …. sigh ….

Anyway …. A quite substantial and in some cases highly unusual loss of faith amongst our leaders resulted in a number of changes to the Prediction League table following our oh-so-welcome second win on the trot in some Gay, New or Watery Salopian meadow on Tuesday. Of our top 13 players from Saturday’s table, only Valairian and Outback Ozzy went for a Stanley win , with 6 others on the fence, 4 breaking ranks completely, and Taypot registering a no-show. And as a result Val displaced our long-term leader Monkey Hanger from his place on top of the heap by a single point , Ozzy slipped by Accybeme to take 4th, and faithful MikeA was able to leap into the elite from 14th, evicting Kiwi John from the top table in the process.

Contrariwise , of those starting below Mike, everybody who had a go (except Football19 ) went for the win. I suppose this display of true faith / cock-eyed optimism (delete as required) goes some way to explaining why we all started the evening in the lower half of the table , but at least it paid off this time. Amongst our number were the only two to land a maxi , Cashman’s taking him from 17th to 13th and Tom D’s a less spectacular rise from 26th to 25th. F19’s lack of belief saw him slide from 19th to 22=, while Taypot’s lack of posting made him the other major faller, down from 12th to 17th.

So, roll on the free-falling Imps. If we could just make it 3 on the row , we’ll overtake them and either Blackpool or Brizzle, depending on what they do unto one another. And wouldn’t that be nice …..

On Stanley On!

Last edited by cashman; 14-02-2020 at 13:35.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 21:21   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
When writing a long post, I always write it in Word firstly, play with it until I am happy, then post it

Just a thought my friend
I know, I know! And I told myself to copy it before trying to post it, cos it’s happened before. But then I didn’t ...... ☹️
Old 14-02-2020, 22:06   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:

Just a thought my friend
So do I 😎. Nothing to beat a bit of copying and pasting 😳
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2020, 22:07   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
And I have just realised what I have posted
No comment 🤔
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..