Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2020, 09:52   #46
God Member

Re: Lincoln match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Ha ha! You see a player who everyone seems to be raving over for one game, express an opinion that he didn’t seem that good and all the old moaners have strokes.
Cum on, he wasn’t amazing today. Missed an easy header for starters. Certainly didn’t seem in the same league as Finley or Bishop.

As a matter of interest, why has he been at non league Wrexham?
Bobby went to Wrexham as he couldn't get out of Fleetwood fast enough once Joey Barton took over
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2020, 10:03   #47
Full Member+

in that case we shouldn’t praise majority of our team, as they have also come from non-league?!?!?

Baffled.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 10:27   #48
God Member

Smile Re: Lincoln match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
the ref was poor again but the liner on our side must be completely BLIND, a real useless get, was a cracking days football in crap conditions using subs in good time certainly paid off.we had 5 booked at the very least 3 of them were no different to what they let those cloggers off with yet they only 1 booked, if yeh can work that out yer a good un, think we need to sort a spot kicker out charles one was poor.
The ref/liners missed plenty Cashy. Bobby controlled the ball with his hand for the winner!

Maguire also had a handball in the first half.

The one player they had booked, was for a professional foul, stopping a break away, yet at least 2 others did the same thing, but were not cautioned?

Conditions were terrible, which made it very hard for the officials, but they do not help themselves - we just have to live with it my friend, as I doubt very much it will change..

choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 10:31   #49
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1237159]Sometimes I wonder if people who comment are actually at the game.

know everyone has their own opinions on players but i think you are right about your comment. think some go off the highlights only.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 10:46   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
We have a good pen taker but they chose not to bring him out of goal
No need. Clark should be on them in other players absence.
Never missed.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 10:55   #51
Senior Member+

Bobby has been signed with a specific job in mind and in the main has done that job as ordered.
He won’t be keeping McConville out of the side that’s for sure once he returns.
I think he’ll keep his place Saturday because we’re going to have to be totally focused defensively. In that respect he’s better than Pritchard.
Hope Diallo stays in and puts a performance in against his old club.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 10:57   #52

According to match stats virtually identical number of fouls by each team, but 5 yellows to 1? This could really hurt us with suspensions that we can I'll afford.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 11:43   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
According to match stats virtually identical number of fouls by each team, but 5 yellows to 1? This could really hurt us with suspensions that we can I'll afford.
didn,t see the game , but even in todays game not all fouls are yellow cards.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 13:18   #54
Full Member+

Weather not as bad as forecast but bad enough to cause a few problems fro the defenders and lino on our side when looking directly into all.

Made for an entertaining game, though, and enjoyed winner's 25 mins in the marque before it was shut early again.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 17:02   #55
God Member

Smile Re: Lincoln match thread

Not the greatest of games yesterday, for the obvious reasons

On reflection, I think that a draw was fair, but we all know that football, is not always fair.....

Bursik made a couple of very important saves.

Captain Conneely played very well and everybody was over the moon for him when he smashed in the third

Maguire had another steady game, as did Callum

Pritchard, Finley and Colby made a big difference when they came on - Joe in particular

Felt sorry for Dion, as I think his best position is up top, but again he gave it his all

The bench was strong yesterday, not a bad position to be in

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 18:10   #56
Senior Member+

What I loved to see is when Finley scores the winner, Colby Bishop celebrates with the Clayton End! A real 'team' effort!
Old 16-02-2020, 18:42   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
in that case we shouldn’t praise majority of our team, as they have also come from non-league?!?!?

Baffled.
Think you are conflating two different things here.

I asked “as a matter of interest” why he was in non league.

I stated I didn’t think he had a particularly good game.

Why have you made that link?

It’s like me asking why Finley was a sub and then saying he was at fault for the goal. I would not be implying being a sub means you make errors. Zero connection between the two.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2020, 19:50   #58
Senior Member+

We need Finley to get his head down and work hard in training to regain his focus (something I heard - not proven), the lad is talented and should be working his socks off to get a move to a championship club to set himself up financially.

A focused 100% fit Finley is one of the best in league 1; hopefully getting dropped will help him realise he has to work hard
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2020, 09:04   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to be honest i thought he had been injured? but if thats the case he was dropped, then the lad had been off the boil a few games imho.so what yeh makes sense to me davo.
Old 17-02-2020, 09:47   #60
God Member

Sam had a hip injury, which if it was niggling before being diagnosed could also account for his slight temporary drop in form - main thing is he's back & on song
MikeA, cashman and DAV007 like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..