Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree17Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2020, 08:21   #1
Senior Member+

anti free speech haters

As usual,
The same moaners complained about a thread and get it closed down by admins that do not respect free speech

The ultras are correct, Accyweb is miserable and closed minded.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2020, 08:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: anti free speech haters

Crack on mate but if you post garbage expect to get challenged and accept it. I agree with you threads are shut down unnecessarily at times.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 22-02-2020, 08:59   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
As usual,
Accyweb is miserable and closed minded.
No problem. Simply take your peculiar self off Accyweb if it upsets you so much.

Admins - please close this thread before free speech and common sense take over.
Old 22-02-2020, 09:06   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Crack on mate but if you post garbage expect to get challenged and accept it. I agree with you threads are shut down unnecessarily at times.
one mans garbage is another mans common sense. we might not agree with what posters put up, but as long as they are not abusive to anyone i just cannot see the problem. if we all thought the same and posted the same then accy web would quickly die.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 22-02-2020, 09:26   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to me Davo is correct, no need at all to shut some threads, imho. yeh mat not agree, as i did not, but was nowt wrong with it,
DAV007 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-02-2020, 09:54   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me Davo is correct, no need at all to shut some threads, imho. yeh mat not agree, as i did not, but was nowt wrong with it,
Cashy !,

Regarding the recently closed down thread. My OPINION had nothing to do with all of our users being free to state their Opinions open and freely !.. although at one point I did, tongue in cheek, suggest that my Forum buddy Dav might be ever so slightly losing it !.. ( as his current regaling us with a multicoloured image suggested to me !). )

No, my opinion, and it was maybe no one else's, was that the thread had totally lost its way, and that it's current content was repetitively tedious and boring. The Post from me was I'm afraid stimulated by the ennui which does descend on we octogenarians at times !.

Here I am then, waiting for 3.00 pm and the kick-off starting the Rotherham game..and waiting to read, share, and inwardly digest ALL of the posts yet to follow on this topic and everything else . ( and Dav !.. keep 'em coming ! ).

ON STANLEY ON !
Old 22-02-2020, 11:13   #7
God Member

think loads of threads can keep repeating themselves before they go off at a tangent. might be talking at first about say lack of goals and ends up about needing a new goalkeeper.
Old 22-02-2020, 11:25   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
one mans garbage is another mans common sense. we might not agree with what posters put up, but as long as they are not abusive to anyone i just cannot see the problem. if we all thought the same and posted the same then accy web would quickly die.
Agreed. I didn't see anything abusive on that thread but it got shut down. The whole idea is to debate things I thought.
cashman, DAV007 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-02-2020, 13:20   #9
Senior Member+

Mr T

Please reconsider your approach
Old 22-02-2020, 14:14   #10
Super Moderator

Threads are closed when they just start meandering pointlessly, as the one yesterday did. As my mate, Yonmon succinctly put it, "another thread going nowhere". To read some of the comments on here, you'd think Accyweb was a hotbed of censorship. In fact, very few threads are closed down - about one every two months by my rough estimate. Not many, when you consider the number of threads that are started.

Anyway, Mr T's the big boss man, I just help him out when he's busy, so I'll go along with whatever he decides.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 22-02-2020, 16:02   #11
Senior Member+

I'm disappointed with you Wynonie, I know others are too.
Old 22-02-2020, 17:34   #12

I also think it was ridiculous to close that thread, when there’s that one where people try and guess the gate that just goes on and on every week. Talk about boring and pointless.

Dav had a good thread going there. Why close it? Just ignore it.
Old 22-02-2020, 19:02   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well me @ LordD sure agree on that one.
Old 22-02-2020, 19:17   #14
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I also think it was ridiculous to close that thread, when there’s that one where people try and guess the gate that just goes on and on every week. Talk about boring and pointless.

Dav had a good thread going there. Why close it? Just ignore it.
And I thought I was involving fans not just from accrington or the British Isle s but fans from afar as well but if its all been boring and pointless then I'll end it
Old 22-02-2020, 19:36   #15
God Member

Don’t rise to the bait, MAB.
There’s little point in debating with those who think other’s harmless fun is boring and pointless or that anyone who disagrees with their opinion or daft idea is a hater.
As advised, just ignore it.
AccyMad, ossy kid, mab and 3 others like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..