Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-02-2020, 16:41   #1

Rovverham

Bit scrappy, but highly competitive.
Rotherham were a bit stronger than us, gave us little time on the ball and were well organised.

Seems Coleman read my views on Bobby Grant and agreed he’s nowt special and duly brought back Sam the Man.

Thought Pritchard and lively little Jordan were our better players. We had enough chances to get a draw.

Zanzala proved to the doubters that subs aren’t always a great idea. That header???

A minor setback on our resurgence.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-02-2020, 16:50   #2
God Member

Re: Rovverham

Indecisive defending at the death cost us the game sad really could and probably should have won it but poor finishing again cost us Charles and Zanzala both missing gilt edge chances.Thought overall it wasn't a game with any quality wind making ariel balls difficult Stanley's stand outs today Hughes and Sykes in what was difficult conditions for defenders did,not see what difference Finley for Grant made on the day really front 2 struggled to make much headway.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 16:56   #3

Thought we did not deserve to lose this one, we more than matched top of the table team.
Ref again seemed to favour them, every time their player fell down, got a free kick!
Agree, Joe & Jordan our liveliest players, but, Callum, Sam & Ross also performed well...
In fact, I don’t think anyone did nothing more than give their best!
Proud to be a Stanley fan!
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 17:13   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thought we deserved a draw, Zanzala had only to wait for the ball to drop a bit before heading, any forward with sense would have known that imho.plus he was brought on at the death. so that negates your daft idea oer subs LordD.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-02-2020, 17:22   #5

Well the other two subs on 80 mins made sod all difference too.

Yeah, defence were good until the last quarter of the match. Not sure they had any clear cut chances first half.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 17:24   #6
God Member

For my two penn'orth - that was what I'd call a smash & grab by Rotherham, to say they're top of the league they weren't that much better than us & a draw would have been a fair result imho.
Puts it into perspective though when the air ambulance appeared on the pitch after the game & you hear an opposition fan is in a bad way having suffered a cardiac arrest, hope the guy is ok - everything crossed for him
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 17:29   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

also was fortunate clarky scored cos the clown of a ref ignored what was a cast iron penalty, yeh can make excuses if not a good view, but he had. coly must be pig sick of these useless turds.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-02-2020, 17:37   #8
Full Member+

Disappointed we didn't at least get a draw out of that, we certainly deserved it.
Nothing special about Rotherham apart from they are good at what they do best...power play and the quick attack via the long ball forward pushed out to their speedy wide players.
Onwards and upwards
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 18:08   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Disappointed we didn't at least get a draw out of that, we certainly deserved it.
Nothing special about Rotherham apart from they are good at what they do best...power play and the quick attack via the long ball forward pushed out to their speedy wide players.
Onwards and upwards
I think Rotherham,s defending deserves a mention very organized and the strength in their side not great to watch but effective not the best side I have seen this season but for teamwork they were they all know their jobs and they played for 98 minutes good luck to them at least they weren't dirty barstewards.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 18:13   #10
Full Member+

Didn’t deserve to win today.
Rotherham were more direct and just seemed to want it more.
Benny A-S was a few yards behind the game. Not been impressed with him at all since he joined.
Zanzala shouldn’t feature for Stanley again. Not only is he poor, he seems to be more focused on himself than the team. All smiles at the end of the game. Didn’t acknowledge fans. Adios in the summer I hope, given him a chance and not taken it.
Colby & Dion need to start Tuesday.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 18:37   #11
Senior Member+

Well I’ve just got back home and to be honest don't care about football. Watching the air ambulance land on the pitch and hearing a Rotherham fan in a critical condition (if not already deceased) brings me back to reality.
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 18:42   #12
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Well I’ve just got back home and to be honest don't care about football. Watching the air ambulance land on the pitch and hearing a Rotherham fan in a critical condition (if not already deceased) brings me back to reality.
Agreed mate, fortunately in the situation the gents heart was restarted and he was conscious when leaving the ground. Left in an ambulance rather than air ambulance.

Fingers crossed the fan makes a full recovery.
KiTChener and ferret man like this.
Old 22-02-2020, 18:49   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Zanzala proved to the doubters that subs aren’t always a great idea. That header???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Well the other two subs on 80 mins made sod all difference too.
My noble Lord's opinion (or is it an obsession) that the use of subs is ineffective seems to fly in the face of the facts.
Members of the jury, I offer the following for your consideration;

61 mins. Substitution, Rotherham Utd. Freddie Ladapo replaces Adelakun.

64 mins. GOAL! Freddie Ladapo scores for Rotherham Utd.

I rest my case.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2020, 18:55   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
My noble Lord's opinion (or is it an obsession) that the use of subs is ineffective seems to fly in the face of the facts.
Members of the jury, I offer the following for your consideration;

61 mins. Substitution, Rotherham Utd. Freddie Ladapo replaces Adelakun.

64 mins. GOAL! Freddie Ladapo scores for Rotherham Utd.

I rest my case.
Sometimes subs work.
Sometimes they don’t.

Ours worked last Saturday (1st time in a while)
Theirs worked today.
Today ours were less effective.

Football is a simple game.
Let’s not over complicate it.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 22-02-2020, 19:20   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Agreed mate, fortunately in the situation the gents heart was restarted and he was conscious when leaving the ground. Left in an ambulance rather than air ambulance.

Fingers crossed the fan makes a full recovery.
That’s great news Josh. Just wanted to get Seamus away, and his car was close to where it all happened.
Fingers crossed as well.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..