Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-02-2020, 17:45   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Rotherham Utd ,Sad news

Very sad news https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...wilson-storey/ My Condolences and thoughts are with his Family and Friends R.I.P Andrew
Old 29-02-2020, 17:51   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rotherham Utd ,Sad news

Deepest Sympathry to his Family and Friends R.I.P.
Old 29-02-2020, 18:26   #3

Tragic, so young with young family also.

Condolences to loved ones & fellow supporters.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 19:11   #4
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Minute's silence to be held ahead of tomorrow's game against Tranmere Rover's! https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...omorrows-game/
cashman likes this.
Old 06-03-2020, 20:07   #5

That makes no sense at all.
Must be loads of Stanley fans die every year but no minutes silence for them?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 21:20   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
That makes no sense at all.
Must be loads of Stanley fans die every year but no minutes silence for them?
I don't believe this, don't go overboard on the compassion will you! Where's your sense of decency?
And there have been minute silences held for many of our own supporters
Outback Ozzy and Kiwi John like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 21:26   #7
Senior Member+

Ah but Lord D, how many Stanley fans have died at a game? The minutes silence is for the Rotherham fan who collapsed and died later in the week whilst attending a game and also in memory of Keith Morton.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 05:57   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Minute's silence to be held ahead of tomorrow's game against Tranmere Rover's! https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...omorrows-game/
Nice move by the Club
MikeA likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 07:01   #9

It’s very nice of the club, of course, but surely we should have a minutes silence for EVERY season ticket holder that dies? And if you don’t share my view then I shall, of course, take the moral high ground and accuse you of a lack of compassion!

A Minutes silence is a war thing that’s ever more crept into our lives with no logic or pattern. Most times there’s a minutes silence I’m sure people just think “who was he?” Or “what am I supposed to be thinking about”.

We had more than one for the Manchester bomb. Tragic yes, but so are the hundreds of suicides of young people every year.

(I’m also dubious of the trend for cancelling sporting events for ever more spurious reasons of “respect”. And the demands of poppy nazis every November.

It can also be devisive. Don Revie, a true great of British football, did not get one (apart from Elland Road), which riled Leeds fans no end. Can’t remember whether thatcher got one but sure there would be highly charged views on that.

In my opinion they should be used only when something is meaningful and deeply felt by the people observing the silence. Otherwise they simply become less significant. We all read the papers and no doubt have our thoughts on tragedy as and when it happens.

Other people have different opinions, but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t question when these things are used.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:08   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
It’s very nice of the club, of course, but surely we should have a minutes silence for EVERY season ticket holder that dies? And if you don’t share my view then I shall, of course, take the moral high ground and accuse you of a lack of compassion!

A Minutes silence is a war thing that’s ever more crept into our lives with no logic or pattern. Most times there’s a minutes silence I’m sure people just think “who was he?” Or “what am I supposed to be thinking about”.

We had more than one for the Manchester bomb. Tragic yes, but so are the hundreds of suicides of young people every year.

(I’m also dubious of the trend for cancelling sporting events for ever more spurious reasons of “respect”. And the demands of poppy nazis every November.

It can also be devisive. Don Revie, a true great of British football, did not get one (apart from Elland Road), which riled Leeds fans no end. Can’t remember whether thatcher got one but sure there would be highly charged views on that.

In my opinion they should be used only when something is meaningful and deeply felt by the people observing the silence. Otherwise they simply become less significant. We all read the papers and no doubt have our thoughts on tragedy as and when it happens.

Other people have different opinions, but doesn’t mean we shouldn’t question when these things are used.
Turn up at two minutes past and you'll miss it sad.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:11   #11
God Member

Will they add Harry Stevenson’s name to the list of ‘lost’ fans?
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...rry-stevenson/
Very sad news, condolences to his family and friends.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 10:36   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would imagine so, harry was a top fella and lived for stanley,deepest sympathy to all family and friends, R.I.P.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:03   #13
God Member

Sad news Harry sat right behind me hadn't been lately will be missed character condolences to all his family and friends.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 11:09   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Will they add Harry Stevenson’s name to the list of ‘lost’ fans?
https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...rry-stevenson/
Very sad news, condolences to his family and friends.
They have, it's on the fishy site now
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 08:34   #15
Senior Member+

£500 raised for the family of Andrew Wilson Storey who died at the game and was only 42! Thanks for everyone who donated. Great club

The wife of Stanley legend Keith Morton was also looked after splendidly by our chairman and the club as she visited Stanley. RIP Keith, Andrew and Harry (sadly heard of Harry’s death after I’d made the 2 banners)
MikeA, AccyMad, KiTChener and 3 others like this.

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..