Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2020, 22:18   #16

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I feel ever more convinced that lockdown isn’t going to work. China looks to be beating the virus, but as soon as it returns to normal what then?
Do we face months, years of life being **** with the same end result? The more I look at this the more I try to think of myself as a frail 85 year old. How do I want to live my last few years? Not in lockdown, not seeing my children facing financial ruin, not getting bad medical care because everyone is fighting the virus in vain.
Think I’d take my chances and hope that if CV gets me it will still be better than being kept alive in pain with some other disease.
No easy answers.
Lord D, as a relatively healthy 75yr old, like you, I do not wish to live my remaining years in lockdown etc.
For me, the dilemma is... do I still attend Stanley, knowing that there could be one of my fellow supporters that could possibly pass on CV to me?
Or, could I, unwittingly, be an unknown carrier, & pass it on to some other unfortunate colleague?
Would it be selfish to say ‘bo**ox’, I’m going to Whambley, come what may?
Que sera, sera!
What will be, will be!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-03-2020, 22:31   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Tom,

If the season is void does that mean Bolton's points deduction is maintained next season ?
Do Leeds say "thanks for that you've just robbed us of Premiership riches" ?
Do West Ham say "thanks for that we've %%% up royally but still a Premier club" ?
As for Liverpool .......................
The list is endless.
No chance of the leagues being declared void.
The FA and EFL have already had a meeting with their legal people for advice on the potential of being sued by clubs should they do so.
No way should the season be declared ‘void’, resulting in the ‘status quo’ of last season.
I feel that the 2020 Euros should be abandoned, allowing a suspension of not only PL & EFL, leagues temporarily, but also all other EU leagues .
The postponed games can then be completed after the normal end of the season.... who is that bothered about Euros anyway?
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:16   #18
Beacon of light

Yonmon, you are taking the precautions that you feel are the right ones for you....and anything else would be daft.
Everyday life is a risk, but you have to decide for yourself if that risk is worth taking or not.

I am still of the opinion that the press and the media have created fear in the population....and that in itself disrupts the immune system.
If it has your number on it...you will get it on a letter, a delivered package or from someone you meet in your everyday life.

Perspective, precaution and a healthy respect are the watchwords.

Yesterday worldwide there were 127,890 confirmed cases....and there have been 4,300 or so deaths....this WORLDWIDE.(now, before you shoot me down in flames....there may be many more who have mild/no symptoms and are thinking they have a 'cold')

In this country we have 60.7 million population and so far 8 people have died.....all,of them elderly with underlying medical issues.
We need to stay real...get a grip....panic paralyses, common sense is to be proactive

Yes this virus has the POTENTIAL TO KILL, but there is a 103 year old lady in China who contracted this and has recovered.
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 12-03-2020 at 08:19.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:34   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
...Yes this virus has the POTENTIAL TO KILL, but there is a 103 year old lady in China who contracted this and has recovered.
Get her signed up and bring her on at Pompey!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:38   #20
God Member

this self isolation or stopping indoors as i call it surely cannot keep germs at bay either. they must be able to escape your house and enter it unless it is completely air free and you have your own supply of oxygen. think the media has caused fear in people not by the fear of them contracting the virus but in the fear of them actually passing it on. only the latter would stop me from attending football and not the former.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 12:17   #21
Beacon of light

MH....as things stand, you have more chance of a passenger plane dropping out of the sky on you(and these are getting fewer if you watch the skies) than getting this virus.

This is not to say that you need disregard the risk.
All I am saying is......the risk is minuscule right now....so live cheerful, not fearful!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 17:18   #22
God Member

Government just moved us to the delay stage no ban on sports meetings yet but are considering it if new cases of infections continue to rise so only a matter of time will it be behind closed doors or a pause in season or in worst case scenario end of season, also Uefa considering Euro 2020 moved to 2021.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 18:33   #23
God Member

Way Andy Holt is tweeting in a rage he could we'll decide what Stanley do regardless of the useless EFL and government.
Old 12-03-2020, 19:42   #24
God Member

Apparently Stanley traveling down tomorrow so game on but the club is to announce tomorrow any season ticket holders who wish to self isolate and want to stay away for the remaining home fixtures can and will if they so choose have a refund.Also expect after this weekend Andy Holt to do what he thinks is best for the club players,staff and supporters.
Old 12-03-2020, 20:19   #25
Super Moderator

Yes ASFC are heading down South tomorrow AM

Players and staff have been checked and updated on the "dos and don'ts"

We're in full contact with NHS, FA, PL and EFL and following their advice

Andy has his personnel views
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 20:37   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Yes ASFC are heading down South tomorrow AM

Players and staff have been checked and updated on the "dos and don'ts"

We're in full contact with NHS, FA, PL and EFL and following their advice

Andy has his personnel views
Very good stay safe.
Mr T likes this.
Old 13-03-2020, 00:09   #27

Andy has messaged saying tomorrow season ticket holders can get a refund on season tickets from the games left if they want to sit football out due to the virus

Tomorrow @ASFCofficial will put out details of how our supporters can get a refund on their season tickets, pro rata for the number of games left this season.

If any supporters wish to sit football out for a while, details for refunds will be released by the club tomorrow.

God bless.
Old 13-03-2020, 07:31   #28
Full Member+

Andy Holt has confirmed this morning he has postponed’ the team coach travelling down to Portsmouth.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 08:03   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Andy Holt has confirmed this morning he has postponed’ the team coach travelling down to Portsmouth.
Arsenal manager got it several players in self isolation played Pompey recently call it off now in fact all football should be suspended now before the virus reaches its peak.
Old 13-03-2020, 08:08   #30
God Member

Premier League phone meeting today at 10-30am most likely outcome short term suspension of season my guess is EFL will follow what their masters decide.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..