Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-03-2020, 09:10   #61
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

this last couple of weeks have been like an eternity for me. feel really sorry for folk who are more or less stopping indoors who like meeting and chatting with other folk. some at my over 50,s club have no close family and its the only time they really meet others a couple of days a week. think no one really has taken peoples mental states into consideration.
Judith Addison likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-03-2020, 09:48   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

its better to go nuts, than pop yer clogs, neither are good but lesser of 2 evils.
Old 22-03-2020, 09:54   #63
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its better to go nuts, than pop yer clogs, neither are good but lesser of 2 evils.
Some of us are already nuts Cashy after all we watch Stanley stay safe then hopefully we can be nuts again and watch the Reds again.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2020, 19:49   #64

Like others, I'm missing football. I don't even know what day it is!
Taypot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 07:14   #65
God Member

With self distancing expected to last at least until the end of the year what will happen to football and other sports, sadly me thinks it may never be the same again.
Old 23-03-2020, 08:40   #66
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
With self distancing expected to last at least until the end of the year what will happen to football and other sports, sadly me thinks it may never be the same again.
Football and other sports will recover. So will society.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2020, 09:08   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not sure about society, this has shown how many MORONS we have in it.
Old 23-03-2020, 09:51   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Football and other sports will recover. So will society.
Yes hopefully they will but just can't see every football club surviving a long break,lots were at financial breaking point anyway.
Old 23-03-2020, 13:57   #69
God Member

Club shop, offices and stadium to shut untill further notice from closing time today very scary times good luck everyone stay safe.
Mr T likes this.
Old 23-03-2020, 19:16   #70
God Member

EFL say that they want to complete this season so has promotion and relegation won't be compromised, but they say the £50 million safety net for clubs will cover 3 months of inactivity but also said it could be 18 months before any football is played. No idea were they get their estimated time lapse from just think they are preparing worst case scenario.
Old 23-03-2020, 19:58   #71
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coronovirus

For me, next season has gone.......... this season MUST be completed and all ups/downs sorted

When all said and done, this is so much BIGGER than football...

STAY SAFE PEOPLE!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 08:59   #72
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
For me, next season has gone.......... this season MUST be completed and all ups/downs sorted

When all said and done, this is so much BIGGER than football...

STAY SAFE PEOPLE!!!!

Well said good post I agree season finished is best option unfortunately nobody knows when it will be safe to do so and it will probably be behind closed doors, so that doesn't help clubs financial position sadly some might have gone to the wall by then making ending the season problematic. Let's all just stay safe and hopefully we'll be back to some normality sooner rather than later.
Old 24-03-2020, 10:05   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
joking apart the longer this stay indoors is with us i,m afraid there are going to be many who develop mental health issues and those with em might get worse. actually its something that bothers me more than the virus as people are entering an unknown being close to bored partners and even bored and noisier than normal kids around 24 hours a day without a break. going to make the christmas and new year period feel like a blip for family harmony.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2020, 15:14   #74
God Member

Step 5 and 6 in the football pryamid to have their season's finished now with promotion and relegation either decided or season declared null and void maybe clearing the way for the rest of football, because it's becoming clear this crisis isn't going anywhere soon.
Old 24-03-2020, 17:03   #75
God Member

Smile Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Step 5 and 6 in the football pryamid to have their season's finished now with promotion and relegation either decided or season declared null and void maybe clearing the way for the rest of football, because it's becoming clear this crisis isn't going anywhere soon.
I take it, this is what you are referring to andyd??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52026302

These teams are almost the bottom Clubs in football...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Englis..._league_system

but, maybe - as you say - the start/shape of what is to come.......... stay safe people

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..