Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2020, 07:50   #76
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Not all of the 'Prima Donnas' are bad......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51990098

Magnificent gesture

Another superb gesture - whether he has £££££, or not.........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52028743

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-03-2020, 08:56   #77
God Member

Leeds United to discuss wage cap salaries with the players as they envisage hard times financially ahead.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 09:15   #78
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Leeds United to discuss wage cap salaries with the players as they envisage hard times financially ahead.
at least something good and sensible eventually coming out of that club. high wages have probably caused more financial problems for teams than anything else. teams with few fans having to compete for players with those who get 10 times more and getting into terminal death due to it.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 09:19   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
at least something good and sensible eventually coming out of that club. high wages have probably caused more financial problems for teams than anything else. teams with few fans having to compete for players with those who get 10 times more and getting into terminal death due to it.
I presume you meant terminal debt MH, damn predictive text eh
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2020, 12:45   #80
God Member

Championship clubs after only a few weeks in serious trouble wages to players and agents demands are beginning to have the kind of impact that the sudden loss of TV money would have done this crisis is coming home to roost for many clubs being run recklessly not just lower leagues but up at the prima Donna's end as I have said before football could change forever.
Old 25-03-2020, 13:45   #81
God Member

From our Club......

https://www.accringtonstanley.co.uk/...e-coronavirus/
Outback Ozzy and KiTChener like this.

Old 25-03-2020, 15:45   #82
God Member

The National League have today asked the FA if the season can now be finished main reason being quoted so that they can look at contracts and prepare financially for whenever football starts up again. I for one think they are proposing a sensible way forward mainly because if football doesn't act soon as businesses a lot will just not survive.
Old 25-03-2020, 17:06   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems to me a sensible way to go for small clubs, how will it work for the lads who are on loan.?
Old 25-03-2020, 20:18   #84
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
seems to me a sensible way to go for small clubs, how will it work for the lads who are on loan.?
Work in progress

Big on line conference meeting yesterday; it's mad but all things are being discussed
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 11:59   #85
God Member

I personally think football at all levels should make the sensible decision season null and void which as every day that passes becomes more obvious due to players health regarding behind closed doors games were does the 2 metres rule work, officials and club employees well being forget Liverpool won't win it so what people's lives at stake here make the right IMHO decision now.

Last edited by andyd; 26-03-2020 at 12:02.
Old 26-03-2020, 13:55   #86
God Member

Quote:
I personally think football at all levels should make the sensible decision season null and void which as every day that passes becomes more obvious due to players health regarding behind closed doors games were does the 2 metres rule work, officials and club employees well being forget Liverpool won't win it so what people's lives at stake here make the right IMHO decision now.
I would rather finish this season - at some stage - and lose next season to be honest

MikeA and cashman like this.

Old 26-03-2020, 13:56   #87
God Member

Smile Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
When I say lose next season, I mean find a way of shortening it, 1 round of games maybe??

Do something with the cups??

Granted, we do not know when football can start again, so it is hard to make plans, but null and voiding what has gone, would be the last thing I would vote for... just my opinion

Old 26-03-2020, 14:20   #88
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i agree 100% with joe on this.
Old 26-03-2020, 14:33   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
When I say lose next season, I mean find a way of shortening it, 1 round of games maybe??

Do something with the cups??

Granted, we do not know when football can start again, so it is hard to make plans, but null and voiding what has gone, would be the last thing I would vote for... just my opinion

The best scenario would be for the outbreak just to blowover but it's looking unlikely the FA,EFL and whoever else control football have to make a decision soon otherwise a lot of clubs will fold. If that's the case then whatever system they conjour up will be irrelevant anyway, null and void would be best way to protect the critical clubs.By the way Germany,s big clubs offering big money to help lower leagues their can,t see that happening here unfortunately.
Old 26-03-2020, 14:42   #90
God Member

Smile Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
The best scenario would be for the outbreak just to blowover but it's looking unlikely the FA,EFL and whoever else control football have to make a decision soon otherwise a lot of clubs will fold. If that's the case then whatever system they conjour up will be irrelevant anyway, null and void would be best way to protect the critical clubs.By the way Germany,s big clubs offering big money to help lower leagues their can,t see that happening here unfortunately.
You are more than likely correct, but, maybe, just maybe, this terrible situation, might just focus people...... let us hope

STAY SAFE PEOPLE

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..