Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2020, 15:54   #91
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Interesting article in today's LET about Bacup Borough who play in the North West Counties league their chairman Brent Peters who talks a lot of sense says it takes around £65,000 a year not making a profit to run Bacup for a season.No revenue streams coming in he says Bacup will only survive if his personal business can stop operational but he remains optimistic.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-03-2020, 16:34   #92
God Member

It's been announced this afternoon that all leagues below the National League & National Leagues North & South have agreed to end the season now & for all results to be expunged ready for a fresh start once this nightmare is over
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 17:10   #93
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It's been announced this afternoon that all leagues below the National League & National Leagues North & South have agreed to end the season now & for all results to be expunged ready for a fresh start once this nightmare is over
Personally think that they have done the right thing, Barrows manager saying that they should be allowed promotion to the football league otherwise they might not survive but apparently their chairman has thrown the preverbial kitchen sink financially on gaining promotion thus gambling with the club,s future this and other arguments like it further up the pryamid shouldn't sway authorities decision,s and null and void this season and start again with what clubs remain and it's safe to do so is the correct way.
Old 26-03-2020, 18:07   #94
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Personally think that they have done the right thing, Barrows manager saying that they should be allowed promotion to the football league otherwise they might not survive but apparently their chairman has thrown the preverbial kitchen sink financially on gaining promotion thus gambling with the club,s future this and other arguments like it further up the pryamid shouldn't sway authorities decision,s and null and void this season and start again with what clubs remain and it's safe to do so is the correct way.
Barrow might still be going up. This decision only applies to leagues below the National Leagues.
Old 26-03-2020, 18:21   #95
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Barrow might still be going up. This decision only applies to leagues below the National Leagues.
I know that but about time the rest of football followed suit.
Old 26-03-2020, 18:27   #96
Senior Member+

Whilst I can see the sense in that decision, does that mean Bolton start on -12 next season, otherwise this seasons punishment will mean thay have got away with it.
monkey hanger likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 19:27   #97
God Member

Smile Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Whilst I can see the sense in that decision, does that mean Bolton start on -12 next season, otherwise this seasons punishment will mean thay have got away with it.
Which is why I am of the opinion - rightly, or wrongly - that this season HAS to be completed, what happens next............???? I doubt that anybody knows...

STAY SAFE PEOPLE

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2020, 21:44   #98
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Does it honestly really matter I love football as much as the next guy or woman but get real NHS staff and essential workers will have to put their lives on the line everyday they go to work while this crap lasts football really doesn't matter at present it will hopefully resume at some point in what format will do for most fans I would hope.
Old 27-03-2020, 07:58   #99
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Does it honestly really matter I love football as much as the next guy or woman but get real NHS staff and essential workers will have to put their lives on the line everyday they go to work while this crap lasts football really doesn't matter at present it will hopefully resume at some point in what format will do for most fans I would hope.
While I agree with you Andy that, putting things in perspective, football is way down on any list of priorities I also think that it does us all good to still discuss things as we usually would, to give us that bit of normality in times which are definitely the most 'un-normal'
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 09:09   #100
God Member

Smile Re: Coronovirus

Confirmation of a further extension to suspension........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...nced-week.html

Old 27-03-2020, 09:27   #101
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Confirmation of a further extension to suspension........

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sp...nced-week.html

Another date to be announced this hopefully not could drag on for months before any football is played and if any clubs in any tier in the football league could go out of business how does carrying out the season work then if you have lost 1,2, or more clubs.
Old 27-03-2020, 09:35   #102
God Member

FIFA are expected I believe to be announcing shortly that all players contracts and loans are to be extended beyond the current end date of June 30th( think that is correct) because it is becoming clear that April 30th is a non starter and in the present environment nobody can predict a new starting date.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 27-03-2020, 09:42   #103
Full Member+

I agree andyd and I hope that I am wrong but I cannot see this nightmare ending without some clubs going to the wall, and if this is the case then all the leagues, certainly the lower ones, will have to be reformed which would make itnye on impossible for this season to be concluded.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 10:05   #104
God Member

wonder what those involved with bury may be thinking if the season is eventually cancelled and did not exist.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2020, 10:17   #105
God Member

Scottish Football..........

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52047550

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..