Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2020, 17:30   #121
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Just out of interest this is a question about motivation if a scenario came about that all clubs
had to finish this season but we have moved on to August say, will players be fit contracts all over the place no one has planned their transfer window because they don't know when it is. All this and other scenario,s must be going around in the heads of football,s governing bodies it's going to be interesting when we do get football back.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-03-2020, 08:38   #122
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1238722]no one has planned their transfer window because they don't know when it is.

easiest way would be to scrap the transfer window for the season. is it actually needed at stanleys level and below for that matter.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2020, 08:57   #123
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1238725]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
no one has planned their transfer window because they don't know when it is.

easiest way would be to scrap the transfer window for the season. is it actually needed at stanleys level and below for that matter.
Ok scrap the transfer window what happens to out of contract players can they still sign for other clubs who with no income coming in very difficult for anybody to budget.
Old 31-03-2020, 09:29   #124
God Member

During this unpredictable time football clubs here are subject to the same rules as any other business so non playing staff can be laid off and furloughed thus they can apply for the 80% grant towards thier wages. Players if I'm correct aren't as they have legally binding contracts but those whose are expiring could be in a very vumerable scenario clubs with little or no income will probably just let them go.
Old 31-03-2020, 10:35   #125
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1238726]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

Ok scrap the transfer window what happens to out of contract players can they still sign for other clubs who with no income coming in very difficult for anybody to budget.
as for out of contract players, they are and have always been in some sort of limbo once their contracts and wages run out until they get signed up by another. it does vary from player to player but for some its months rather than days for em.
Old 31-03-2020, 16:05   #126
God Member

If the restrictions on our way of life continues for 6to8 months that takes us to August/October no way can a season be finished and another completed in present format and then try and fit Euro,s in as well in 2021.
Old 31-03-2020, 16:20   #127
God Member

National League season suspended indefinitely looking at ways how to finish it this will no doubt impact the EFL.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:04   #128
God Member

Quote:
If the restrictions on our way of life continues for 6to8 months that takes us to August/October no way can a season be finished and another completed in present format and then try and fit Euro,s in as well in 2021.
get the impression that the euro,s seem the b all and end all of it. more interested in the situation when we and others can resume their seasons. if the euro,s were cancelled it would not bother me one little bit. mind you i do not make money out of em so that could be the problem.
cashman likes this.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:52   #129
God Member

I know where you are coming from MH, but, even though I do not make money from The Euro's either, I do look forward to them and the World Cup

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 12:04   #130
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
I know where you are coming from MH, but, even though I do not make money from The Euro's either, I do look forward to them and the World Cup

Looking forward to any kind of football.
Old 01-04-2020, 12:22   #131
God Member

Agreed

Old 01-04-2020, 12:46   #132
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1238729]
Quote:

as for out of contract players, they are and have always been in some sort of limbo once their contracts and wages run out until they get signed up by another. it does vary from player to player but for some its months rather than days for em.
Scouts and club representatives are still very active.
Some clubs already know their budget and are planning for "next season" regardless.
I've just been approached by a club at level 4 of the National League system with a budget of £3k per week for building a new squad.
Mad world.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 13:40   #133
God Member

Tottenham have joined Newcastle in furloughing non playing staff so they can apply for the 80% government grant this is the so called 8th richest club in the world who pays it's players fortunes and whose chairman paid himself £4,000,000 last season stinks, don't think I,ll ever watch Premiership football again.
Old 01-04-2020, 15:37   #134
God Member

Sadly really can't see any football as we know it until at least September thoughts anybody on how it should start up again.
Old 01-04-2020, 16:43   #135
God Member

Smile Re: Coronavirus

Not sure andy, could they have a mini pre-season??

Build fitness and bring in a few ££

Insurance and injury springs to mind??? Just a thought

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..