Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-04-2020, 12:20   #211
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Coronovirus

its all balls no-one has a clue how things will work out only the doom mongers. all these numpties are doing is worst case scenarios they dont know any better.
Old 15-04-2020, 12:49   #212
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
its all balls no-one has a clue how things will work out only the doom mongers. all these numpties are doing is worst case scenarios they dont know any better.
I wouldn't say either Mr., Pilley or our very own Mr.Holt are numpties Cashy they are astute buisness men planning financial affairs going forward including their football interests I suggest the numpties are the owners who jumped on the pay unaffordable player wages bandwagon and people with their heads buried in the sand, this is an unknown for us all but if you think a switch will magically bring things back to normal overnight I,m afraid for once unfortunately you could be wrong.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2020, 13:13   #213
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i aint really bothered who says what andy i am saying catagorically no one knows how this will end and i couldnt care who says different.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-04-2020, 13:49   #214
Senior Member+

I think I agree with Cashy on this one - everybody’s guessing, from the Government downwards (or should that be upwards? :-) )
AccyMad and cashman like this.
Old 15-04-2020, 13:57   #215
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I think I agree with Cashy on this one - everybody’s guessing, from the Government downwards (or should that be upwards? :-) )
its pretty obvious to me with common sense the medical people many say different things its guesswork,
Old 15-04-2020, 14:48   #216
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
I'm hoping Andy Holt isn't guessing with his business projections, but the EFL need to work on a par for once with owners or the game that was already in trouble will head down a leaderless alley, Andy already predicted with Stanley's loss of crowd income from this season's lost home games will have a probable 25% loss on the next playing budget whenever that maybe. I am not a doom monger quite the opposite a positive so and so this thread I started is hopefully keeping readers/fans without access to other social media abreast of what is happening however depressing it might come across for that I can only apologise for trying to make sense of a scenario non of us would have imagined just 4 weeks ago.
Old 15-04-2020, 15:27   #217
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i also hope andys right but to me its guesswork,
Old 16-04-2020, 07:23   #218
God Member

The EFL has suggested a 25% paycut on players wages in leagues 1 and 2 but already a lot of club chairman saying it isn't enough players not taking kindly to it one league 1 chairman even suggesting he might tear up all players contracts and risk courtroom trails if it means saving the club. Scottish football yesterday ending their season's below the premiership positions standing, right or wrong they have had the balls to make a decision. These are EFL,s September,s published average wages for players:- league 1 £4753.00 a week, league 2 £2191.00 a week.
Old 16-04-2020, 08:03   #219
I am Banned

I wonder when will we be free of this coronavirus. I can't wait to be outside again doing what I want to do.
Accertivity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 09:20   #220
God Member

Premiership meeting today to discuss a deadline of June 30th as to call it a day on this season mainly due to contractual agreements coming to an end etc,etc being a legal minefield. Given current government guidelines it seems at this present time difficult to see this season,s completion. Difficult decisions about promotion and relegation among other things will be discussed.
Old 16-04-2020, 15:35   #221
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Even Premiership clubs could go to the wall with this the way they have all scrambled for the prize of being in their among the "elite," all their income going on players wages can't be sustainable, when crowds are allowed back people will have lost jobs income or worst still a family member, they might just not rush back like football thinks they will.
Absolutely no chance of a Premier club going to the wall.
There are high rollers waiting in the wings for a club in the Premier to be put up for sale. They see the price dropping - very attractive.
This crisis will be over.
Thereafter there will be shed loads to be made.
No surprise to me to see the Newcastle deal resurrected and it will go through.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 15:40   #222
Senior Member+

Quote:
The EFL has suggested a 25% paycut on players wages in leagues 1 and 2 but already a lot of club chairman saying it isn't enough players not taking kindly to it one league 1 chairman even suggesting he might tear up all players contracts and risk courtroom trails if it means saving the club. Scottish football yesterday ending their season's below the premiership positions standing, right or wrong they have had the balls to make a decision. These are EFL,s September,s published average wages for players:- league 1 £4753.00 a week, league 2 £2191.00 a week.
Accrington lads must be squirming seeing those figures. If only ........
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2020, 16:01   #223
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Accrington lads must be squirming seeing those figures. If only ........
That,s why in Andy Holts words accy,s budget was correctly worked out no gambling on players to get us up what we could afford which hopefully will see accy through the crisis but probably with a decrease in future budgets.
cashman likes this.
Old 16-04-2020, 16:47   #224
God Member

Seeing as the lockdown has been extended for another 3 weeks and estimates of a vaccine 12 to 18 months away can anyone on here see the resumption of crowds at football or any sport being allowed this calendar year?
Old 16-04-2020, 16:59   #225
God Member

Smile Re: Coronavirus

Quote:
seeing as the lockdown has been extended for another 3 weeks and estimates of a vaccine 12 to 18 months away can anyone on here see the resumption of crowds at football or any sport being allowed this calendar year?
No

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..