Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-04-2020, 15:29   #256
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Coronovirus

think hes probably after publicity.
Old 21-04-2020, 07:28   #257
God Member

Andy Holts latest posts on twitter saying he has managed to loan from a bank not government £5,000,000 pounds to steer is companies through the covid -19 outbreak, he says the big stumbling block to them agreeing the loan was ASFC he says banks won't touch football clubs with a very long bargepole. He is saying more or less that if football authorities don't have a financial package for this so called ending season behind closed doors that most will rebel and want it finished now I have to say I,m totally with him on this one.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2020, 07:42   #258
God Member

Andy has also said has it stands currently there is no playing budget in place for next season whenever that is I assume he is waiting to see the final financial implications this will have on the club when we can all move on hopefully.
Old 21-04-2020, 09:08   #259
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I know it's not football but Serbian tennis ace Djokovic has said he doesn't want to be forced into taking a vaccine will have a big decision to make if and when tennis is resumed if forced to have one to play. This has to relate to footballer,s as well will a test or vaccine be tried to be forced on them or will it be voluntary all problems that have to be debated.
what really worries me about this vaccine is the idea of it being rushed out without proper testing and without any word of possible side effects. a vaccine is needed but needs testing as thorough as any other vaccine that has come out.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2020, 14:29   #260
God Member

Andy Holt has again voiced his concern over finishing the season with no financial help also if this is somehow achieved next season would presumably be behind closed doors and he can foresee even with all his help and planning Accrington Stanley will be on the verge of bankruptcy.
Old 22-04-2020, 08:08   #261
God Member

Rhyl FC to close down first of many I,m afraid.
Old 22-04-2020, 08:19   #262
God Member

Andy Holt has said this morning that allegedly some clubs already not paying wages so if made to play behind closed doors some of these unpaid players will probably refuse to play also if Stanley told to play after June 30th would be a weakened side suggesting out of contract players will have been let go or won't be paid to play beyond that date.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 22-04-2020, 10:31   #263
God Member

it just shows now how many clubs are really living on the edge. just cannot see how long this situation can continue especially with no light at the end of the tunnel. just get the impression that if the premier league and the champions league are ok then its sod the rest.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 10:44   #264
God Member

Dutch government have banned any sporting events or similar with crowds until September 1st Dutch league are expected to finish season as it stands, our government needs to do something similar then football will have to tow the line however unpopular it might be in some quarters, but at least we would have some clarity personally think it would be towards end of year if such an announcement were to be made.
Old 22-04-2020, 12:16   #265
Senior Member+

National League and below called off for the season.

Looks like Satanage will survive , typical. !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 13:25   #266
God Member

Although I don't think there's a Stanley fan alive who doesn't share the same feelings about that certain club from Hertfordshire, their league survival ( or not as the case may be ) doesn't matter a jot to me in the present circumstances, to be honest there's much more to worry about like for instance, will Stanley survive if the EFL insist on us playing the rest of our season behind closed doors
MikeA likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 13:52   #267
Super Moderator

Really don't think Stevenage will survive unless lots of clubs fold in the EFL

We've already voted to relegate one and accept 2 from NL.

I believe that on an informal conference call of L1 and L2 owners; their Chairman (good guy) has accepted they will be relegated
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 14:18   #268
Senior Member+

Mark,
Is this correct ?

"Andy Holt has said this morning that allegedly some clubs already not paying wages so if made to play behind closed doors some of these unpaid players will probably refuse to play also if Stanley told to play after June 30th would be a weakened side suggesting out of contract players will have been let go or won't be paid to play beyond that date"
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 15:35   #269
Senior Member+

Trying to work the squad out if we play beyond 30 June. 10 players plus non contract players. Of the 10 Hughes and McConville injured, and Finley suspended ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-2020, 15:42   #270
God Member

Obvious!
5-a-side!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..