Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2020, 12:15   #316
Senior Member+

Re: Coronovirus

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...gation-4091367
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-05-2020, 12:17   #317
Senior Member+

So if its not true about the promotion / relegation discussions then this PFA Rep has lied to his team mates.
Old 01-05-2020, 12:32   #318
Super Moderator

Yes aware of the Bristol Rovers "leak".

The Bristol CEO was on our video meeting and told us how this came into the public domain.

Suspect PFA are telling PL and EFL one thing and something slightly different to their reps.

EFL are now talking directly to some club captains
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 13:55   #319
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to me its all a load of balls (speculation) until someone in authority makes a decision!
And Cashy I,d bet money on it we won't be watching football live anytime soon and I for one ain't the slightest bit interested in behind closed doors premiership garbage on the box bet you aren't too.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 13:59   #320
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
And Cashy I,d bet money on it we won't be watching football live anytime soon and I for one ain't the slightest bit interested in behind closed doors premiership garbage on the box bet you aren't too.
If this closed-doors nonsense happens, what’s the likelihood, after the first few matches, that the broadcasters use ‘canned’ crowd effects to spice it up?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 14:32   #321
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
If this closed-doors nonsense happens, what’s the likelihood, after the first few matches, that the broadcasters use ‘canned’ crowd effects to spice it up?
Couldn't care less won't be watching it.
Old 01-05-2020, 14:57   #322
Super Moderator

Andy Sir;

Why is that your stance please ?

In my view watching via I Follow, with home clubs getting the money is the only way I can think of that professional football will survive.

Nothing is set in stone but what other options are there please ?
MikeA and StanleyJosh like this.
Old 01-05-2020, 15:05   #323
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Andy Sir;

Why is that your stance please ?

In my view watching via I Follow, with home clubs getting the money is the only way I can think of that professional football will survive.

Nothing is set in stone but what other options are there please ?
Sorry if I have been misleading I am subscribed to I follow and would watch Stanley if available I am on about the premiership. Have watched previous away games involving Stanley on I follow but personally think this season will be written off and presumably no crowds allowed till next year next season's format will have to be drawn up, hopefully with all clubs surviving but that is a big ask I,m afraid.
Old 01-05-2020, 15:19   #324
Super Moderator

Cheers Sir for this clarification;

Only my view but until crowds are allowed; who knows when the only "income" I can think of it all games on I-Follow and the home club gets the money.

Also if clubs have sold season tickets; those people then can access to I follow as part of their ST until its safe to return.

This would also need fans to "play fairly" and not have lots of people watching games on 1 device.
Old 01-05-2020, 15:39   #325
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cheers Sir for this clarification;

Only my view but until crowds are allowed; who knows when the only "income" I can think of it all games on I-Follow and the home club gets the money.

Also if clubs have sold season tickets; those people then can access to I follow as part of their ST until its safe to return.

This would also need fans to "play fairly" and not have lots of people watching games on 1 device.
That's apart from all of the less scrupulous ways of accessing ifollow for nothing via firesticks which are doing an absolutely roaring trade right now.
Old 01-05-2020, 15:41   #326
Senior Member+

Quote:
Yes aware of the Bristol Rovers "leak".

The Bristol CEO was on our video meeting and told us how this came into the public domain.

Suspect PFA are telling PL and EFL one thing and something slightly different to their reps.

EFL are now talking directly to some club captains
Why some ?
Why not all ?
Old 01-05-2020, 16:01   #327
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
That's apart from all of the less scrupulous ways of accessing ifollow for nothing via firesticks which are doing an absolutely roaring trade right now.
This among other things is the problem football without fans/income is like any other business it will struggle, look at retail clothing shops warning 20% will never reopen, non food retailers warning things will take years if ever to get back to where they were. Football and other sports are not immune things will be tough for a lot of clubs any form of income will be looked on gladly.
Old 01-05-2020, 20:07   #328
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Why some ?
Why not all ?

Good question Sir;

Sir Seamus wants to be on the calls; but he has 2 lovely children so family life takes over
Suspect this will be questioned;

Very happy to say I had a great 1 to 1, socially distanced chat with Seamus yesterday; keep an eye on the BBC
StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 01-05-2020, 20:58   #329
Senior Member+

I'm aware of his interview Mark. Look forward to watching it on BBC Breakfast ... if not tomorrow then Monday.
Old 02-05-2020, 09:03   #330
God Member

A question for Mr.T, if you don't mind it's been 7 weeks since a ball has been kicked and bearing in mind this is uncharted territory for everyone and a lot of criticism being aimed at various footballing bodies, has there been any major decisions made yet or is everything still up in the air?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..