Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2020, 09:23   #361
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
All part of the greater plan ...... careers end like it or not. He's studying hard.
actually he may enjoy life away from the game much better. at least he and others will not suffer mindless abuse from so called fans once they pack the game in.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-05-2020, 13:21   #362
Senior Member+

He's a few more seasons in the tank yet and if the Club decides not to keep him there will be suitors.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 16:05   #363
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Unless there is a significant contribution to playing behind closed doors then protecting the integrity of the competition would lead to the destruction of the competition as we now know it. Also the premiership,s determination to finish the season behind closed doors and air it to the
public has if we are all desperate to watch soulless empty stadium games shows to me how our of touch with genuine non armchair supporters they are.
Point taken;

But what's your solution??

We've only completed 72% of the season and clubs want promotion without court room battles.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 17:00   #364
God Member

Declare all outstanding EFL games 0-0 draws.
All teams get a point per unplayed game.
Then play two sudden-death, play-off semi-finals at neutral venues, followed by play final at neutral venue.
Maximum three games to fit in involving four clubs and two or three venues.
Then start worrying about next season.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 18:09   #365
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Point taken;

But what's your solution??

We've only completed 72% of the season and clubs want promotion without court room battles.
Not sure what a fair solution is apart from a vote among club members as to end the season and decide on a fair outcome to avoid silly court room dramas oh forgot it's all about money though sad really in such bad times they still can't agree a common goal for the good of the game going forward.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 18:57   #366
God Member

Hard to deny a club a promotion it may very well deserve, and the riches that go with it.

Personally id settle up.on a ppg basis, promote those clubs occupying the spots, play offs on telly for those involved snd NO relegations. Extra relegation spots from the PL the following season to realign the numbers.
Old 07-05-2020, 19:29   #367
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Hard to deny a club a promotion it may very well deserve, and the riches that go with it.

Personally id settle up.on a ppg basis, promote those clubs occupying the spots, play offs on telly for those involved snd NO relegations. Extra relegation spots from the PL the following season to realign the numbers.
Yep, agree with that. Promotion without relegation - but possibly only promote the automatics. The others only have a 1-in-4 chance anyway. And it would reduce the number of relegations needed to sort things out next season.
Old 07-05-2020, 21:20   #368
Full Member+

Definitely not promotion without relegation.
Opens up a whole can of worms....

People saying ‘integrity’ of competition....
All about money? Footballs a business at the end of the day....
monkey hanger likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 22:04   #369
Senior Member+

Sorry, I cannot agree to the promotion without relegation scenario, otherwise the whole fiasco at Bolton and Southend is for nothing. They will effectively have got away with it. Relegate the 2 bottom clubs from League 1 and promote 3 from League 2 IMHO plus 1 down from League 2 and 2 up from the Conference. I have nothing against Bolton or Southend but they are the bottom 2 for a reason, both deserve a season in League 2.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:26   #370
Super Moderator

Liking these idea's most mirror with mine (These are MY views)
Don't like PPG as I believe that promotes Wycombe. Love the people at Wycombe loads but their ground isn't fit for the Champ and their new owner is happy to end it now.

I'd use SGP for the play-offs, remote secure site, replica Wembley pitch. Might need a bit of work to get it rigged up for Sky, but would be worth it if all the games were being played there are say 3 weeks.
Bolton and Southend both have been poor and Tranmere are another club who want to finish. Yes they've played a game less but it's v Fleetwood who haven't lost for ages!!
Old 08-05-2020, 10:57   #371
God Member

many talk about promotion but its relagation that bothers me the most. how many clubs over the years have done a stanley. look dead and buried until they come up with their own great escape. no messing round with points awarded for non played games as no person can factor the great escapes into it. one thing for certain is that all clubs in all divisions who are currently well into the relagation zone will certainly not all have gone down.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 12:15   #372
God Member

Dutch football will not return before September and crowds whenever it returns will not be allowed until a vaccine is available their health minister has announced.
Old 08-05-2020, 15:58   #373
God Member

Is it true or untrue that all clubs have sent Rick Parry details of their finances and this is where he gets his £200 million black hole in EFL clubs finances up to September could you comment on this Mr T., please.
Old 08-05-2020, 17:04   #374
Super Moderator

All clubs were asked to send totally honest cash flow's to the EFL, without Extra owner/ football fortune support.

Sad to say PFA don't believe there is no money at clubs. These figures if needed will be independently audited by Delotties IF clubs want/ need to defer wages.
PFA WON'T agree to cuts

yes this is where the £200 million is from

Last edited by Mr T; 08-05-2020 at 17:05. Reason: extra words
Old 08-05-2020, 17:16   #375
God Member

I could suggest where the PFA could find ‘loads a money’.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/pfa-...m1hprtv1n0kruz
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..