Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2020, 17:32   #376
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I could suggest where the PFA could find ‘loads a money’.

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/pfa-...m1hprtv1n0kruz
that action is typical of that barsteward.
Old 08-05-2020, 17:32   #377
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
All clubs were asked to send totally honest cash flow's to the EFL, without Extra owner/ football fortune support.

Sad to say PFA don't believe there is no money at clubs. These figures if needed will be independently audited by Delotties IF clubs want/ need to defer wages.
PFA WON'T agree to cuts

yes this is where the £200 million is from
So if the PFA don't believe the figures that means they will be fighting pay cuts or deferalls for their members/players, but ultimately the clubs have the decisions to make about their futures and staying solvent so I can see most clubs offloading their out of contract players and because no one knows the future won't be offering many new contracts sadly going to be a lot of out of work footballers as with the wider working class going to be a lot of unemployment for the foreseeable sad times.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:36   #378
God Member

Rochdale have announced that due to the real possibility of no spectators through the door until at least 2021 to furlouge the majority of non-playing staff, senior management have taken a 50% pay cut and the on-line shop closed until further notice these steps have been taken to protect the future of the club.
Old 09-05-2020, 07:49   #379
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
So if the PFA don't believe the figures that means they will be fighting pay cuts or deferalls for their members/players, but ultimately the clubs have the decisions to make about their futures and staying solvent so I can see most clubs offloading their out of contract players and because no one knows the future won't be offering many new contracts sadly going to be a lot of out of work footballers as with the wider working class going to be a lot of unemployment for the foreseeable sad times.
Andyd;
Spot on; shorter contracts are offered in L1 and L2 with 1400 expiring on June 30th 2020; hence this being a critical date. Likewise clubs will have to reduce squad size. Some lads drop into non league but theses clubs totally rely on fans income to operate
monkey hanger likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:56   #380
God Member

Quote:
Andyd;
Spot on; shorter contracts are offered in L1 and L2 with 1400 expiring on June 30th 2020; hence this being a critical date. Likewise clubs will have to reduce squad size. Some lads drop into non league but theses clubs totally rely on fans income to operate
Do some of that 1400 have 1 year options attached. or are these straight end of contract those that are will I think will 99% be ended.
Old 09-05-2020, 09:17   #381
God Member

Quote:
Andyd;
its going to be like it was in the 70,s and 80,s again when lower league clubs will operate with smaller squads on lower wages at least for a season at least. its hardly going to be a new revolution in football. even stanley have paid wages out last season or so to some players who have hardly had a kick. may sound harsh but if you cannot make it in the game then you should look for work outside it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 16:46   #382
Senior Member+

Quote:
Do some of that 1400 have 1 year options attached. or are these straight end of contract those that are will I think will 99% be ended.
If clubs wont renew contracts why on earth would they exercise one year options ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 16:50   #383
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its going to be like it was in the 70,s and 80,s again when lower league clubs will operate with smaller squads on lower wages at least for a season at least. its hardly going to be a new revolution in football. even stanley have paid wages out last season or so to some players who have hardly had a kick. may sound harsh but if you cannot make it in the game then you should look for work outside it.
Agreed to an extent .... but squads are a necessary evil to cover for injuries and suspensions.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 18:06   #384
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Agreed to an extent .... but squads are a necessary evil to cover for injuries and suspensions.
Same as now whatever your budget you go small or large squad.
Old 10-05-2020, 15:31   #385
God Member

In Spain players testing positive for Covid, Germany too one entire squad in isolation and sadly in Germany reports coming out their R rate as gone back above 1.
Old 10-05-2020, 15:41   #386
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
In Spain players testing positive for Covid, Germany too one entire squad in isolation and sadly in Germany reports coming out their R rate as gone back above 1.
Brighton got 3 players positive i read.
Old 10-05-2020, 15:49   #387
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Brighton got 3 players positive i read.
Yeh and instead of focusing on the future of the entire pryamid in our game and how to stop it catastrophically falling apart all you read about is how they can finish their precious premiership
Old 10-05-2020, 16:04   #388
Full Member+

Quote:
Yeh and instead of focusing on the future of the entire pryamid in our game and how to stop it catastrophically falling apart all you read about is how they can finish their precious premiership
Premiership financially more implicated so can understand why.
Without Prem money football in this country would be very different.
Compared to virtually every other country, our EFL is 100 times stronger...
Do we want to go down B team route like other euro countries?
Not to say I haven’t heard noise coming from EFL however.

Brighton opposed to all ideas currently suggested...
Brighton have 3 ‘un-named’ cases in squad....
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:13   #389
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;

Brighton opposed to all ideas currently suggested...
Brighton have 3 ‘un-named’ cases in squad....[/QUOTE]

a cynic like me is not surprised of one thing following another with them.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 18:11   #390
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Germany too one entire squad in isolation and sadly in Germany reports coming out their R rate as gone back above 1.

I think these may be the stories you highlighted.

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-dy...nce/a-53386059

https://www.dw.com/en/germany-infect...ted/a-53383279

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..