Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2020, 08:27   #421
Full Member+

Re: Coronovirus

Surprised at his comment saying £140,000 is more than club gets for season tickets.
Hmmmmm.......
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2020, 08:33   #422
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Government giving football permission to restart in June when safe and obviously behind closed doors and a brief mention of sharing the money around, bit sceptical on that one but moving ahead a number of months and some kind of season was started and aired on some form of media what's your thoughts on numbers watching their own clubs would they mirror average gates or be more or less?
think the majority of fans would actually watch their own clubs on some pay per view site as long as it will be easy for people like me, who are a bit teccy vacant, to do so. for exiles it will be a dream come true. at least gillingham away will be better in your living room than trailing down to that hole.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 08:39   #423
Full Member+

Quote:
Government giving football permission to restart in June when safe and obviously behind closed doors and a brief mention of sharing the money around, bit sceptical on that one but moving ahead a number of months and some kind of season was started and aired on some form of media what's your thoughts on numbers watching their own clubs would they mirror average gates or be more or less?
Numbers would be less.
Some people go to football to meet mates and for the match day experience rather than watching the football.

Also, family of 5 say - that’s 1x £10 iFollow pass to watch on their TV rather than 5x match day tickets.
Old 15-05-2020, 08:41   #424
Senior Member+

Andy's thoughts as reported on a Manchester City blog:
Read But Never Red » Read But Never Red » It might be football?but not as we know it

I can't imagine what he'd make of the comparison with Manchester City's owners...
Chimer and choirboy like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 09:21   #425
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Surprised at his comment saying £140,000 is more than club gets for season tickets.
Hmmmmm.......
When you factor all last season,s prices across early bird normal and all categories last season,s average price season ticket was £139.56 divide £140,000 for easy reckoning by that figure gives 1003 ticket holders, although not accurate he won't be far out.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 09:36   #426
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think the majority of fans would actually watch their own clubs on some pay per view site as long as it will be easy for people like me, who are a bit teccy vacant, to do so. for exiles it will be a dream come true. at least gillingham away will be better in your living room than trailing down to that hole.

I subscribed to I follow as soon as Stanley joined in and watched every away game they showed not like being there but it had a crowd with noise and the games were pre Covid, without crowds and noise unless they shove some in and also home games not being there is hard to imagine uptake depends on price and quality might be better than nothing though.
Old 15-05-2020, 09:37   #427
Full Member+

Quote:
When you factor all last season,s prices across early bird normal and all categories last season,s average price season ticket was £139.56 divide £140,000 for easy reckoning by that figure gives 1003 ticket holders, although not accurate he won't be far out.
Where are you getting £139.56 from??
Old 15-05-2020, 09:47   #428
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i watched ifollow with aways i could not get to, but this is different i mean the club must pay for all the expensises putting these games on it will more or less bankrupt them i think? so on that basis unless told different i will not watch these games if thats the case.
andyd likes this.
Old 15-05-2020, 09:49   #429
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Where are you getting £139.56 from??
Read the post average under 12,s for instance early bird £23 as I said not totally accurate just pointing out Mr.Holt won't be far off.
Old 15-05-2020, 09:59   #430
Full Member+

Quote:
Read the post average under 12,s for instance early bird £23 as I said not totally accurate just pointing out Mr.Holt won't be far off.
Sold far more adult season tickets however. I’d imagine our income is closer to 250k on season tickets.
Old 15-05-2020, 10:01   #431
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i watched ifollow with aways i could not get to, but this is different i mean the club must pay for all the expensises putting these games on it will more or less bankrupt them i think? so on that basis unless told different i will not watch these games if thats the case.

Spot on Cashy about the expense side some folk don,t seem to grasp that and only interested in the football being played, EFL and rest of the games authorities should have been on top of this from the outset of this covid-19 crap and all they do is pussyfoot from one meeting to another.
cashman likes this.
Old 15-05-2020, 10:58   #432
God Member

Just a thought - how would it be possible for the Championship to fulfill their fixtures when two of their member clubs, Swansea & Cardiff can not currently travel out of Wales & nor can other clubs visit their grounds. This would also apply in league 2 with Newport if they vote to carry on????
cashman, choirboy and andyd like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 12:30   #433
God Member

Surprise surprise league 1 and EFL unable to decide whether to end the season now or not meet again next week are they on some kind of retainer, can't be bothered anymore they will still be talking at Xmas.
choirboy likes this.
Old 15-05-2020, 13:02   #434
Senior Member+

Surprise surprise the clubs wanting to finish for "integrity" purposes have something to play for.
How about a few decisions for the good of the game overall ?

I'm done.
Boring now.
AccyMad and StanleyJosh like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2020, 13:16   #435
God Member

Hearing league 2 are going to cancel weighted PPG going to be used to determine table.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..