Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-05-2020, 16:49   #481
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Mmm;

Interesting as Burton are the biggest "champions" of cuts for players.

Can't really believe Nigel really needs the money ( only a guess) OR a superb news story to get others to buy into the FACT that football wages have to be realistic going forward.
I don't know about Cloughie junior not needing the money, I remember back in 2009 when we were selling wristbands as part of the SOS campaign. He was at the game & to be fair he bought one from me - & then stood & waited a good 10 to 15 minutes for his 50p change
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2020, 20:27   #482
Senior Member+

There’s also the other Cloughie junior - Simon.
Excellent foil for Nigel did all his scouting for him and opponent assessments. Very knowledgeable and smashing guy.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 09:18   #483
God Member

You never know, if only half of this guy’s worst fears come true, more fans might actually prefer to watch ‘real’ football in the lower leagues than ‘sanitised no-futbol’.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2020/0...e-of-football/

We can only hope.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 09:30   #484
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1240311]You never know, if only half of this guy’s worst fears come true, more fans might actually prefer to watch ‘real’ football in the lower leagues than ‘sanitised no-futbol’.

one of the best reports i have read about modern day football. danny baker{wether you like him or not** forcasted all this over 20 years ago when he ran that bbc radio 606 saturday evening call in programme. one thing about going to the wham and other lower division games is that you,ll at least get a laugh from someone in the ground. we may love the club but we do not take ourselves as serious as those who watch the top level.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 10:09   #485
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1240312]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
You never know, if only half of this guy’s worst fears come true, more fans might actually prefer to watch ‘real’ football in the lower leagues than ‘sanitised no-futbol’.

one of the best reports i have read about modern day football. danny baker{wether you like him or not** forcasted all this over 20 years ago when he ran that bbc radio 606 saturday evening call in programme. one thing about going to the wham and other lower division games is that you,ll at least get a laugh from someone in the ground. we may love the club but we do not take ourselves as serious as those who watch the top level.
Great read one thing has crept in at lower leagues and was mentioned is the new fangled over loud music before games and before anyone accuses me of being an old fuddy duddy I love music but not at the expense of supporters atmosphere before the game especially a big one with loads of away fans.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 11:07   #486
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1240314]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

Great read one thing has crept in at lower leagues and was mentioned is the new fangled over loud music before games and before anyone accuses me of being an old fuddy duddy I love music but not at the expense of supporters atmosphere before the game especially a big one with loads of away fans.
Agree.
One of best grounds for music (imho) is Wimbledon’s (Cherry Records is one of the sponsors) and one of the worst for defeaning levels was Cheltenham - could barely talk to someone sitting next to you.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 11:22   #487
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1240316]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post

Agree.
One of best grounds for music (imho) is Wimbledon’s (Cherry Records is one of the sponsors) and one of the worst for defeaning levels was Cheltenham - could barely talk to someone sitting next to you.
Bit like the Wham.
MikeA and choirboy like this.
Old 19-05-2020, 11:26   #488
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i was a D.J. for more than 30yrs and i agree the volume at our ground is ridiculous.
MikeA, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 19-05-2020, 12:02   #489
Full Member+

The musics turned on from approx 12:45pm, it gets turned up for the final 20mins before kickoff.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 12:43   #490
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
The musics turned on from approx 12:45pm, it gets turned up for the final 20mins before kickoff.
WHY?
MikeA and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 13:12   #491
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
WHY?
exactly WHY? is some idiot doing the job?
choirboy likes this.
Old 19-05-2020, 13:16   #492
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
exactly WHY? is some idiot doing the job?
not at all. pumps up the stadium/players.
you’d be amazed what they request.....
Old 19-05-2020, 13:16   #493
Senior Member+

I glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's far too loud and prevents a conversation with the person standing next to me. Does Andy read this?
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 13:23   #494
Full Member+

Chaps. Andy can have full control over the sound system and regularly requests it to be turned up, along with our CEO.
Apologies if you feel it is too loud, however it isn’t there just for ‘background noise’

Might as well make full use of it given the cost of the flipping system!!
Old 19-05-2020, 13:48   #495
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Chaps. Andy can have full control over the sound system and regularly requests it to be turned up, along with our CEO.
Apologies if you feel it is too loud, however it isn’t there just for ‘background noise’

Might as well make full use of it given the cost of the flipping system!!
The new system is very good should be at the price just needs a bit of volume adjustment in the approach to kickoff that's usually when you catch up with the familiar faces around you swap niceties and chat about team selection and all things Stanley alas no more since the volume went up.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..