Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2020, 15:23   #496
Full Member+

Re: Coronovirus

Premiership have tested 748 players and club staff for Covid-19
6 results came back positive from 3 clubs, who are now self isolating.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2020, 16:32   #497
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Premiership have tested 748 players and club staff for Covid-19
6 results came back positive from 3 clubs, who are now self isolating.
The big fear for me with this behind closed doors to suit TV deals is that football is going to be controlled even more by TV, they wanted var footy fans did,nt next they will be creating fan noise, in play manager interviews the fan will become a thing of the past if we aren't careful already premiership most of them can make a do without gate income, lower leagues if not careful could be cast even further adrift.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 16:54   #498
Full Member+

It isn’t just to suit TV deals.
I’d look at that stat as helping society. You’d be hard pressed to say those tested positive weren’t aware they were carrying the virus.
Not sure why you think TV wanted VAR??

Club might have something upcoming in next few weeks. Be interested to see how many people will support it and help our great club who have 0 income currently.
Old 19-05-2020, 17:16   #499
Senior Member+

Quote:
not at all. pumps up the stadium/players.
you’d be amazed what they request.....
Many of the supporters around where I stand in the stadium are really frustrated with the noise over ‘The System’ during the build up to the match. My view is that during the last thirty minutes build up before a match that the music should of course be there but at a level which allows conversation. Then at five minutes before kick off, use ‘ The System’ much more loudly with dramatic music when the players actually come out of the changing rooms and run onto the pitch! Use some common sense please!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 17:29   #500
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Many of the supporters around where I stand in the stadium are really frustrated with the noise over ‘The System’ during the build up to the match. My view is that during the last thirty minutes build up before a match that the music should of course be there but at a level which allows conversation. Then at five minutes before kick off, use ‘ The System’ much more loudly with dramatic music when the players actually come out of the changing rooms and run onto the pitch! Use some common sense please!
Can’t please everyone I’m afraid so have to go with the majority.
It’s actually turned down a bit when the players come out so the Clayton End volume is heard.
Quieter behind Clayton End or in Redz Bar before game.
Old 19-05-2020, 17:35   #501
God Member

Quote:
Can’t please everyone I’m afraid so have to go with the majority.
It’s actually turned down a bit when the players come out so the Clayton End volume is heard.
Quieter behind Clayton End or in Redz Bar before game.
Would you please if you don't mind have the majority counting from I may have missed something, no majority on these pages and certainly not around where I sit at games with most including youngsters with fingers pointing at speakers shaking their heads.
Old 19-05-2020, 17:40   #502
God Member

Exclamation Re: Coronavirus - stay on topic!!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Whilst I agree with you completely my good friend, I am afraid that this - along with the next few posts - is straying off topic!!!

Please, either remain on topic, or start a new one:- speaker volume, survey required!!

AccyMad likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 17:44   #503
Full Member+

Majority from personal experience of controlling it and more people liking it than not.
Appreciate where you are coming from RE; having a conversation, like I’ve said it is quieter either behind the Clayton end if you stand on terrace or in the reds bar before a game.
It may seem louder when the ground isn’t as full depending on what time you take up your position.
Old 19-05-2020, 17:46   #504
God Member

League 1 meeting tomorrow anyone holding their breath as to whether we'll get a decision will the big "6" clubs " bully" the rest into completing the season and bankrupting themselves in the process or will democracy rule the day and common sense prevail and we can move on do the retained lists and sort of plan for next season.
Old 19-05-2020, 17:52   #505
Senior Member+

I understand Mr Holt not bothering ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 17:58   #506
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I’d imagine possibly left in hands of MT or DB?
Old 19-05-2020, 18:03   #507
God Member

Quote:
Apparently the CEO does the zoom meeting.
Old 19-05-2020, 18:05   #508
God Member

Quote:
Oh he,ll be bothered he will have briefed his CEO.
Old 19-05-2020, 18:10   #509
God Member

Quote:
Not sure why you think TV wanted VAR??
We haven’t had a TV for 30 years but even I can understand why broadcasters would welcome VAR. In their eyes they see it as adding unpredictable ‘drama‘ that can help hold their audience just long enough to the next ad break. Same rationale as to why in Korea they added canned crowd noise to a televised ‘ghost game’.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 18:17   #510
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
We haven’t had a TV for 30 years but even I can understand why broadcasters would welcome VAR. In their eyes they see it as adding unpredictable ‘drama‘ that can help hold their audience just long enough to the next ad break. Same rationale as to why in Korea they added canned crowd noise to a televised ‘ghost game’.
An ad break during a live football game..... no.
A lot of the problem is people don’t move with the times.

Televised fan noise is what the people watching must want.
When Amazon showed the Prem fixtures over Christmas - people loved having the feature to be able to turn off the commentators.
Why didn’t they just mute the TV??
Because they still wanted the fan noise...

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..