Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-05-2020, 10:51   #541
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quick question for Mr.T has there been any talk of financial aid from various sources or not because to me these are far more important as a report again that I read is saying without any a lot of clubs are just 2 weeks away from ruin?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-05-2020, 11:02   #542
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Once again there has been no vote of any sort in L1

L2 "voted" informally on their Zoom call a week last Thursday that to end the normal season

What is put out in the media is a combination of the basic EFL communication plus some guess work or a "leak"
Mr T. I have been following the comments on here and the EFL news via the BBC.
What do you mean by ....’voted informally’ ....please? Was it an actual vote on a firm proposal or was it just canvassing opinion? There is a big difference.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 12:01   #543
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Quick question for Mr.T has there been any talk of financial aid from various sources or not because to me these are far more important as a report again that I read is saying without any a lot of clubs are just 2 weeks away from ruin?
There has been "talk" of getting external monies, from say Govt but Football PLC ( in the main ) has overspent so there are concerns such move might not look to well with the general public.
monkey hanger likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2020, 12:09   #544
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Mr T. I have been following the comments on here and the EFL news via the BBC.
What do you mean by ....’voted informally’ ....please? Was it an actual vote on a firm proposal or was it just canvassing opinion? There is a big difference.
There has been no vote, actual/ informal or canvassing opinion in L1; just a 3 hour video meeting in which it was obvious there was lots of different opinions.

I have it from an excellent source that L2 all agreed to stop the regular season and try and go for the play-offs. They have asked for no relegation but the EFL Board won't agree to this. L2 is much easier at the top as they've all played the same games.
However nothing is official until an EGM is set up and voting papers sent out and returned
cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 22-05-2020, 13:18   #545
God Member

Quote:
There has been "talk" of getting external monies, from say Govt but Football PLC ( in the main ) has overspent so there are concerns such move might not look to well with the general public.
Well not just football but all businesses have if needed took advantage of the government,s furloughing scheme without which a awful lot of clubs would have gone to the wall maybe even Stanley, this is going to end at some point so unless there is a willingness amongst clubs rather than self interest over promotion or relegation to come up with something financial then football will be a different place than when last played. Outside of the premiership without crowds or some other ingenious way of income sources looking at season starting is a non starter no need for meetings it's straightforward.
Old 22-05-2020, 13:59   #546
Senior Member+

Quote:
There has been no vote, actual/ informal or canvassing opinion in L1; just a 3 hour video meeting in which it was obvious there was lots of different opinions.

I have it from an excellent source that L2 all agreed to stop the regular season and try and go for the play-offs. They have asked for no relegation but the EFL Board won't agree to this. L2 is much easier at the top as they've all played the same games.
However nothing is official until an EGM is set up and voting papers sent out and returned
Thanks Mr T. Good to have a proper dose of ‘clarity’ which seems to be something a bit elusive in these strange times.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 09:27   #547
God Member

no matter what the EFL clubs vote for regarding the promotion or relegation they cannot do much if the premier league do not relegate clubs or the national league do not promote any. can see something of a farce in the brian rix catogary once the vote takes place. below the national league structure the clubs weeks ago ended their seasons with no promotion or relegation.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2020, 10:03   #548
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
no matter what the EFL clubs vote for regarding the promotion or relegation they cannot do much if the premier league do not relegate clubs or the national league do not promote any. can see something of a farce in the brian rix catogary once the vote takes place. below the national league structure the clubs weeks ago ended their seasons with no promotion or relegation.
Well there lies the problem too many cooks spoil the broth springs to mind longer the farce goes on it doesn't bode well. 11 weeks is it now since the Tranmere game forgot already the habit shame new habits being formed and I won't be on my own football needed to act faster and together had words with loads of my football friends and the general consensus among them was football was a mess and they certainly were not particularly bothered about premiership football on the telly free or not, yet again to me showing how out of touch government and football authorities are from the real world.
cashman, pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 24-05-2020, 09:14   #549
God Member

love those lazy television comments about football coming back in june. its not football coming back but the greedy premier league that is. for some and certainly not me they think football starts with liverpool and ends at norwich.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 09:53   #550
God Member

It will be interesting to see if football has made its mind up about this season how they are going to deal with the change in furloughing staff that comes along end of October I think when it will start to be phased out in my opinion these and other issues are far more important than wether Coventry are promoted or Peterborough wanting the season finished. Without crowds hopefully this might change but if not the league's won't be the same so promotion and relegation are irrelevant until we know what landscape lies ahead.
Old 24-05-2020, 17:23   #551
Senior Member+

As I understand it, players can't be furloughed if they're training - that counts as working. And employers are going to have to pay part of the salaries of furloughed staff from August.
Old 24-05-2020, 17:46   #552
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
As I understand it, players can't be furloughed if they're training - that counts as working. And employers are going to have to pay part of the salaries of furloughed staff from August.
That's what club's think BUT one club has asked the EFL to ask IF we can return to training; ( as and when required) with players still on furlough; on the basis there is no income.

Highly unlikely Govt. will say "yes" but at least the question will have been asked
Old 24-05-2020, 19:44   #553
Senior Member+

Says it right here on the government website

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if...re-on-furlough

While you’re on furlough
Once you are on furlough you will not be able to work for your employer. You can undertake training......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2020, 20:21   #554
Senior Member+

Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2020, 07:28   #555
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Huddersfield owner Phil Hodgkinson warns '50 or 60 clubs' could go bust
Sadly could well be right football clubs are just like any business they are not immune.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..