Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2020, 08:52   #586
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i detest barton but to me its no big deal, both of em are managers,and it was a push not exactly life threatening.
in well over 100 years of football it will not be the first time it has happened. i,ve witnessed more than a push between managers even in amateur football. think a lot is due to bartons baggage he carries around with him. bit of luck he,ll eventually end up at stevenage as he would not be welcome at stanley for me.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2020, 10:04   #587
God Member

Quote:
i detest barton but to me its no big deal, both of em are managers,and it was a push not exactly life threatening.
Think it was a bit more than that Cashy, & the fact that eventually he'll be in court for it says as much.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:32   #588
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Think it was a bit more than that Cashy, & the fact that eventually he'll be in court for it says as much.
we will have to disagree on that di.
Old 05-06-2020, 15:36   #589
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
There should be at least one rule no playing professional football behind closed doors unless you're income is guaranteed by another scource ie:- fantastic TV revenue, government subsidies etc, other than that stay in hibernation untill crowds allowed back 100% not in dribs and drabs has as been suggested.
Andy - this is where people have to be careful when wording any rule amendment. You neglect to consider compulsory closures where there has been violence and more importantly racism at grounds. This week's events bring that into focus. So please don't just blandly say no football behind closed doors.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 15:40   #590
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
That's disgraceful, it's gone on long enough & should be dealt with as soon as the courts are open again
Believe it or not, with the back log of Court matters that date looks entirely reasonable when I look at some of the civil matters on my desk.
It shouldn't go unnoticed either that this was totally with the agreement of the victim.
Old 05-06-2020, 15:42   #591
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
in well over 100 years of football it will not be the first time it has happened. i,ve witnessed more than a push between managers even in amateur football. think a lot is due to bartons baggage he carries around with him. bit of luck he,ll eventually end up at stevenage as he would not be welcome at stanley for me.
It wasn't a push my friend. It was a head butt causing dental damage and done in full view of young ball boys.
Added to this is his criminal record.
Old 05-06-2020, 16:02   #592
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy - this is where people have to be careful when wording any rule amendment. You neglect to consider compulsory closures where there has been violence and more importantly racism at grounds. This week's events bring that into focus. So please don't just blandly say no football behind closed doors.
Stand corrected it was a comment aimed at the general as I would assume most onlookers agree fiasco painted by the efl on the voting surrounding how to end this season fairly. That last word fairly seems to be the sticking point because to me looking from the outside agree with not all the facts apart from common sense that the efl rather than being in charge have passed the buck back to the clubs who obviously act in their own interests, thus making any voting irrelevant. Cheltenham of league 2 for instance they could be made to play in that divisions play offs stating they can,t afford to. The bigger picture at the expense of repeating myself is next season to me insisting no start without crowds or something else to replace the income. Being forced to play behind closed doors irrelevant of rule books which went out the window I' n March will lead to sadly job losses staff and players and clubs failing let's hope Tuesday's vote if it goes ahead gets the right result end of season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 17:42   #593
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
It wasn't a push my friend. It was a head butt causing dental damage and done in full view of young ball boys.
Added to this is his criminal record.
was me that said it was a push, going off the report i read, if it was a headbut then i stand corrected, but still dont think the delay is a big deal the other guy it said is managing in scotland also it said?
Old 05-06-2020, 19:48   #594
Senior Member+

Quote:
was me that said it was a push, going off the report i read, if it was a headbut then i stand corrected, but still dont think the delay is a big deal the other guy it said is managing in scotland also it said?
Stendl needed private dentistry work. Thats a fact because it was my mate who did the dentistry.
Old 05-06-2020, 19:51   #595
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post

Stand corrected it was a comment aimed at the general as I would assume most onlookers agree fiasco painted by the efl on the voting surrounding how to end this season fairly. That last word fairly seems to be the sticking point because to me looking from the outside agree with not all the facts apart from common sense that the efl rather than being in charge have passed the buck back to the clubs who obviously act in their own interests, thus making any voting irrelevant. Cheltenham of league 2 for instance they could be made to play in that divisions play offs stating they can,t afford to. The bigger picture at the expense of repeating myself is next season to me insisting no start without crowds or something else to replace the income. Being forced to play behind closed doors irrelevant of rule books which went out the window I' n March will lead to sadly job losses staff and players and clubs failing let's hope Tuesday's vote if it goes ahead gets the right result end of season.
Well the consensus is that 15 League One clubs will vote to end the season. As only 12 needed .........
Old 06-06-2020, 07:05   #596
God Member

Quote:
Stendl needed private dentistry work. Thats a fact because it was my mate who did the dentistry.
Well unless Stendl walked into a wall Barton guilty as charged should be banned for good from the game with his record no example to easily influenced kids especially Fleetwood kids.
AccyMad likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:32   #597
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well the consensus is that 15 League One clubs will vote to end the season. As only 12 needed .........
hope thats the case personally.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:45   #598
Senior Member+

Tony Stewart at Rotherham confident of how the voting will go.
cashman likes this.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:25   #599

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
There has been "talk" of getting external monies, from say Govt but Football PLC ( in the main ) has overspent so there are concerns such move might not look to well with the general public.
Mark Apologies if anyone else has asked but I can't see anything.

Can you say anything as to why Andy Holt has stopped posting on Twitter its been nearly 3 weeks since his last tweet with no hint of what was to come?

Hope all is ok with him and that he.ll be back on there in full flow very soon
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 17:27   #600
Senior Member+

Personally I think it's a good thing he's using twitter less. Look after your own instead of taking on the mantle of spokesperson for the less well off.
Why not post here where only Accy fans to be concerned about.
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..