Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2020, 08:14   #601
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Personally I think it's a good thing he's using twitter less. Look after your own instead of taking on the mantle of spokesperson for the less well off.
Why not post here where only Accy fans to be concerned about.
Twitter is a personal choice I follow Andy on that platform you choose when or not to post he is obviously not posting at the moment his choice not anyone elses, he obviously chooses not to use this forum again his choice he doesn't need guidance on what he chooses to air "his" opinion on.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2020, 08:31   #602
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

it is a personal choice twitter no doubt, but i joined just cos andy had, rarely go on it though, dont like it. but i cannot understand his choice. this is for stanley fans so it baffles me.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:40   #603
God Member

Quote:
Personally I think it's a good thing he's using twitter less. Look after your own instead of taking on the mantle of spokesperson for the less well off.
Why not post here where only Accy fans to be concerned about.
always thought the same myself.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:11   #604
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Twitter is a personal choice I follow Andy on that platform you choose when or not to post he is obviously not posting at the moment his choice not anyone elses, he obviously chooses not to use this forum again his choice he doesn't need guidance on what he chooses to air "his" opinion on.
Who’s offering him guidance ? Just my opinion. He’s a big boy but given some of the holes he’s put himself in with opposing clubs by sticking his oar in their business and getting disgusting retorts Im not surprised he's taking a break.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 07:13   #605
God Member

Quote:
Well the consensus is that 15 League One clubs will vote to end the season. As only 12 needed .........
Looking like the vote is either fixed or the EFL know the results beforehand because they have tested the 4 clubs in the playoff positions players for Covid all negative, or have they dropped another clanger.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:02   #606
Senior Member+

Interesting given Peterborough's comments. Have Wycombe been tested ?

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/...selves-2877465
Old 08-06-2020, 09:03   #607
Senior Member+

Points per game average puts them out so don't think your information is correct.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:09   #608
God Member

The information is from the EFL site.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:33   #609
Senior Member+

Which clubs does it say tested mate ?
Old 08-06-2020, 10:36   #610
Senior Member+

LEAGUE ONE

Following the first round of COVID-19 testing in League One, the EFL can confirm that 135 players and Club staff were tested from four League One Clubs over the course of Wednesday 3 June, Thursday 4 June, Friday 5 June and Saturday 6 June with zero individuals testing positive.

Can't see where it says it was the clubs in play off positions tested mate.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:46   #611

Quote:
LEAGUE ONE

Following the first round of COVID-19 testing in League One, the EFL can confirm that 135 players and Club staff were tested from four League One Clubs over the course of Wednesday 3 June, Thursday 4 June, Friday 5 June and Saturday 6 June with zero individuals testing positive.

Can't see where it says it was the clubs in playoff positions tested mate.
Well if they've only tested 4 clubs I don't see any permutation that's on offer that would put Peterborough in the four.

Everyone else at their club has accepted it clearly MacAndrew is still as bitter and twisted as ever.

Personally, i.d love the championship clubs to form Prem 2 as I believe the payments cascading could at least double and a half-decent negotiator could triple or even quadruple the TV income as i.m pretty sure there's a strong tv market for lower league grudge games in front of baying crowds in packed grounds. Pretty sure Regional ITV or even BT would snap their hands off biggest problem would be establishing slots.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:52   #612
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Well if they've only tested 4 clubs I don't see any permutation that's on offer that would put Peterborough in the four.

Everyone else at their club has accepted it clearly MacAndrew is still as bitter and twisted as ever.

Personally, i.d love the championship clubs to form Prem 2 as I believe the payments cascading could at least double and a half-decent negotiator could triple or even quadruple the TV income as i.m pretty sure there's a strong tv market for lower league grudge games in front of baying crowds in packed grounds. Pretty sure Regional ITV or even BT would snap their hands off biggest problem would be establishing slots.
They are currently in a play off place mate.
As Andy has said, have the EFL already decided the outcome of the vote ?
Old 08-06-2020, 13:24   #613
Super Moderator

Quote:
They are currently in a play off place mate.
As Andy has said, have the EFL already decided the outcome of the vote ?
No the EFL haven't already decided the outcome of tomorrow's vote.

However the Peterboro CEO has rung each club multiple times asking how they will vote. From the replies he's received he's worked out that the EFL Board proposal is the likely winner.

Any Club in the EFL can assess tests on the EFL "account". When this season is finished the EFL will send an invoice to any club that has had tests; ie if PNE have had 500 tests that will get an invoice for these tests.

Last edited by Mr T; 08-06-2020 at 13:25. Reason: testings
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 15:48   #614
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
No the EFL haven't already decided the outcome of tomorrow's vote.

However the Peterboro CEO has rung each club multiple times asking how they will vote. From the replies he's received he's worked out that the EFL Board proposal is the likely winner.

Any Club in the EFL can assess tests on the EFL "account". When this season is finished the EFL will send an invoice to any club that has had tests; ie if PNE have had 500 tests that will get an invoice for these tests.
Thanks Mark. I thought it was strange to suggest that the four clubs were those currently occupying play off places. No one knows which clubs and as no positive tests we'll never know.
Roll on tomorrow .............
Old 08-06-2020, 17:54   #615
God Member

Quote:
Thanks Mark. I thought it was strange to suggest that the four clubs were those currently occupying play off places. No one knows which clubs and as no positive tests we'll never know.
Roll on tomorrow .............
Typical EFL why post a statement like that is it just to cause confusion are they just rolling along in a shrouded world not fit for purpose and when we get back to some " normality" might be a perfect opportunity for change at the zoo.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..