Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2020, 15:50   #631
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Have you no sympathy for Peterborough ?
Does anybody?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-06-2020, 15:53   #632
God Member

Burzic saying his goodbyes on twitter presumably all loannees will be curtailed now can see retained lists being announced in next few days.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 17:04   #633
Senior Member+

I thought all the loanees went back ages ago mate.
Time to deal with what we've got and what we can have.
Put the 30 June expiry lads out of their misery once and for all.
Give the lads on one year options a decision so they get on with their lives.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 17:45   #634
God Member

Quote:
I thought all the loanees went back ages ago mate.
Time to deal with what we've got and what we can have.
Put the 30 June expiry lads out of their misery once and for all.
Give the lads on one year options a decision so they get on with their lives.
That's why the majority of us wanted this vote done weeks ago common sense which seems lacking in some quarters.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:38   #635
God Member

Tranmere announced 20 staff to be made redundant from July which is when the furloughing scheme starts to wind down unfortunately I don't think they will be on their own.
Old 11-06-2020, 08:21   #636
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Tranmere announced 20 staff to be made redundant from July which is when the furloughing scheme starts to wind down unfortunately I don't think they will be on their own.
its common sense and nothing to do with football clubs that if you have no work for people they get made redundant. no business can carry on forever paying people when there is no light whatsoever in when they can resume trading.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2020, 17:34   #637
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
An ad break during a live football game..... no. A lot of the problem is people don’t move with the times.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
?..Be careful what you wish for in moving with times.
Out of interest, as we don’t have a telly, are the commercial broadcasters who are currently televising the PL games squeezing in ads during the mid-half drinks breaks?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 12:43   #638
God Member

Fa to make 124 redundant due to the financial impact of Covid and it,s potential future financial consequences.
Old 29-06-2020, 15:17   #639
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Fa to make 124 redundant due to the financial impact of Covid and it,s potential future financial consequences.
At last ! Too many staff to start with and far too much bureaucracy.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2020, 15:22   #640
God Member

You could probably say the same about most football clubs far to big squads but not Stanley next term cut your cloth to suit.
Old 30-06-2020, 08:13   #641
God Member

Quote:
At last ! Too many staff to start with and far too much bureaucracy.
wonder if the other growth industry, county f.a.,s will shed a few of their staff also.
Old 30-06-2020, 09:44   #642
God Member

Over the next 3 months the rules on furloughing your staff change untill it is phased out in October without going into all the rules this is when companies including football clubs and authorities if looking at making redundancies will start the consulting stages. This is the crucial period for football clubs and their decisions on ways forward without income it is very difficult to chart a way forward and it's looking increasingly likely away support will be stopped for the immediate future so to me as many home fans you can get in is crucial. Season ticket income is an upfront in most cases one off payment if only these are allowed in there will be no payments on the day lots of problems to overcome.
Old 30-06-2020, 10:03   #643

I'm personally not happy hearing of anyone losing their job ....having been made redundant 6 times during my working life....now retired I'm glad to have a relatively secure and stable income to live on...
chevyfire likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 15:02   #644
God Member

Northampton win promotion to league 1 congratulations to them in front of empty Wembley to be greeted by loads of fans on their return doing high fives with the players as the get off the coach what's that about.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:53   #645
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1241567 it's looking increasingly likely away support will be stopped for the immediate future so to me as many home fans you can get in is crucial. Season ticket income is an upfront in most cases one off payment if only these are allowed in there will be no payments on the day lots of problems to overcome.[/QUOTE]

without away fans and walk ups on the day it will be three figure crowds at the wham for all mid week games for a start. these things just are not sustainable.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..