Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2020, 17:05   #661
Senior Member+

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Football with the dreaded first club in Covid era to pass into administration is probably secretly quaking in its boots Man United apparently losing 5 million pounds in gate money per game over a full season that's a staggering 95 million pounds, but they have a fall back to TV money something leagues 1 and 2 and the national Leagues haven't playing in front of empty stadiums for most is virtually impossible to sustain.
Andy,
Its sensationalism to blame covid for Wigan's problems.
Here's the truth.

when asked by BBC Radio Manchester how big an impact the coronavirus pandemic has had on the situation, Stanley said: "I don't think it's played a massive part in terms of the way the club's been run, because the club's been run very well.

"The funding that was due to come in from the owners didn't come in. I've had no contact with the owners and I don't know why the funding didn't come in.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-07-2020, 17:19   #662
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,
Its sensationalism to blame covid for Wigan's problems.
Here's the truth.

when asked by BBC Radio Manchester how big an impact the coronavirus pandemic has had on the situation, Stanley said: "I don't think it's played a massive part in terms of the way the club's been run, because the club's been run very well.

"The funding that was due to come in from the owners didn't come in. I've had no contact with the owners and I don't know why the funding didn't come in.
Your probably right not just in football but across businesses some will use Covid as an excuse but don't let it blindside you to the problems in every business it has and is creating shame because people are desperate for some normality, pubs for example not one person I have talked to sorry apart from one is planning to pay them a visit any time soon.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 17:25   #663
God Member

Rumours and I state rumours from Coventry local rag about two possible re start dates for Championship one back end of August other mid September if it was it would be under current guidelines and behind closed doors.
Old 01-07-2020, 20:30   #664
Senior Member+

Quote:
Your probably right not just in football but across businesses some will use Covid as an excuse but don't let it blindside you to the problems in every business it has and is creating shame because people are desperate for some normality, pubs for example not one person I have talked to sorry apart from one is planning to pay them a visit any time soon.
I am a businessman mate. No one blind sides me working in the law.
Old 01-07-2020, 21:16   #665
God Member

Quote:
I am a businessman mate. No one blind sides me working in the law.
Well done.
Old 02-07-2020, 07:39   #666
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1241628]Your probably right not just in football but across businesses some will use Covid as an excuse

yes, those who had problems right back in march. thought wigan had financial problems anyway before anyone heard of corona virus. could it be possible that they are looking for the league to be kind to them in points deductions if they blame the virus and not previous situations.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:44   #667
God Member

Quote:
All this is speculation ..... just that.
We're still 10 weeks away from the strong rumour of a start date.
That's a hell of a long time in covid terms.
Maybe there will be a spike ....... maybe they wont.
know time is dragging for a lot of us but look what has happened in the last 10 weeks to now. so much could change for the better and we need to be more positive about things. never thought i,d be in the glass half full section of the community.
Twenty Eight likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 07:47   #668
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1241641]
Quote:
Your probably right not just in football but across businesses some will use Covid as an excuse

yes, those who had problems right back in march. thought wigan had financial problems anyway before anyone heard of corona virus. could it be possible that they are looking for the league to be kind to them in points deductions if they blame the virus and not previous situations.
Very good point and if in the next very crucial couple of months if for instance 10 or 12 clubs drop into administration will they receive a 12 points deduction some very hard and crucial decision,s could have to be made and with EFL,s handling of the Bury and Bolton fiasco it could be a bumby ride.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:07   #669
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1241641]
Quote:
Your probably right not just in football but across businesses some will use Covid as an excuse

They've played well since the restart mate.
I think they believe they can get 13 points more than the relegation total and survive.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:11   #670
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=andyd;1241643]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Very good point and if in the next very crucial couple of months if for instance 10 or 12 clubs drop into administration will they receive a 12 points deduction some very hard and crucial decision,s could have to be made and with EFL,s handling of the Bury and Bolton fiasco it could be a bumby ride.
They cannot randomly change the rules.
Everyone dropping into Administration will receive their punishment.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:26   #671
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1241650]
Quote:

They cannot randomly change the rules.
Everyone dropping into Administration will receive their punishment.
Well in my opinion they well and truly bent them in Bolton and Bury,s case.
cashman likes this.
Old 02-07-2020, 08:59   #672
Senior Member+

If that was the case why didn't Bury or Bolton raise legal proceedings alleging just that ?
Old 02-07-2020, 09:09   #673
Senior Member+

A very good Client of ours was desperate to help Bury and put a package forward to save them - subject to due diligence.
What was uncovered during that due diligence was jaw dropping.
He walked away.
All this "we didn't know what not one, but two owners were up to" isn't exactly a strong case is it ?
Unless serious sanctions are applied in each and every case there will be carnage.
People forget what happened at Leicester City.
Wiped their debts when relegated with no punishment by going into administration and bounced straight back into the Premier League the following season spending well and retaining Premiership players on Premiership terms..
Fast forward 13 years - Champions.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:27   #674
God Member

Quote:
If that was the case why didn't Bury or Bolton raise legal proceedings alleging just that ?
Well I presume in Bolton,s case they got what they wanted in Bury,s case what Dale is up to anybody,s guess but he is a very shrewd operator.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:29   #675
God Member

Quote:
A very good Client of ours was desperate to help Bury and put a package forward to save them - subject to due diligence.
What was uncovered during that due diligence was jaw dropping.
He walked away.
All this "we didn't know what not one, but two owners were up to" isn't exactly a strong case is it ?
Unless serious sanctions are applied in each and every case there will be carnage.
People forget what happened at Leicester City.
Wiped their debts when relegated with no punishment by going into administration and bounced straight back into the Premier League the following season spending well and retaining Premiership players on Premiership terms..
Fast forward 13 years - Champions.
Par for course seems like one rule for one and one rule for another in Accy,s case god forbidden if we run into trouble I let you guess which one.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..