Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2020, 07:10   #691
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Said all along 26 September we’ll all be back.
Hope you are right but I have been hearing the Premier League and other sports have been discussing with government and health officials start date of September 12th with 30 to 50% crowds all wearing masks and opening stadia 3 hours before kickoff, would personally prefer your option.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-07-2020, 07:15   #692
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Said all along 26 September we’ll all be back.
a week later than what i thought, but whats just one week. quicker the fixtures are out after the play off finals then it will give clubs a bit of a goal to concentrate on. fans also might become more positive about the situation also.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:17   #693
Senior Member+

The season my start earlier but I reckon by 26th fans will be back.
I'd prefer to wait but what do I know.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:24   #694
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

what does any of us know? sod all really.
Chimer and andyd like this.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:30   #695
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Hope you are right but I have been hearing the Premier League and other sports have been discussing with government and health officials start date of September 12th with 30 to 50% crowds all wearing masks and opening stadia 3 hours before kickoff, would personally prefer your option.
Seems a bit early with two premier league teams possibly playing on the 23rd August, unless they are more or less playing straight through.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:55   #696
God Member

Cool Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Seems a bit early with two premier league teams possibly playing on the 23rd August, unless they are more or less playing straight through.
To meet TV deal requirements they need 34 weekend matches fitted in also need to finish before Euro,s they will probably ditch the Carabo cup and FA cup replays they wanted that anyway.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:05   #697
Super Moderator

Carabao Cup will not be "ditched"; far too lucrative to EFL and their members (clubs)

FA Cup replays "might" be under threat earlier in the Competition; but nothing agreed.

Championship and PL "close" season's will be very short, as very little room for manovoure with the European Championships being moved back from this summer

Last edited by Mr T; 10-07-2020 at 12:05. Reason: extra words
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:10   #698
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1241842 start date of September 12th with 30 to 50% crowds all wearing masks and opening stadia 3 hours before kickoff, would personally prefer your option.[/QUOTE]

if we have to go to games all looking like extras from holby city then they can count me out for one.
andyd likes this.
Old 11-07-2020, 07:17   #699
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T;1241854]Carabao Cup will not be "ditched"; far too lucrative to EFL and their members (clubs)

that cup is but where are they going to fit all the fixtures in. i do not know how the sponsor would feel, but the ideal thing would be to start at round 3 with the same teams there as for last season. those who never made it could get the money they received last season. same with the FA cup for non league clubs. start at round one proper with the same sponsorship as clubs got last season who didn,t make it.
Old 11-07-2020, 08:09   #700
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
if we have to go to games all looking like extras from holby city then they can count me out for one.
Like Cashman says nobody knows for sure what is going to happen, but IMHO if we are as a population going to be guided by the Covid alert system which is currently at level 3 to me limits on all walks of life including full crowds back at football won't happen until we move to level 1, which is no presence of the virus in the country or a vaccine.
Old 12-07-2020, 07:07   #701
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
until we move to level 1, which is no presence of the virus in the country or a vaccine.
for me if that is the case we are going to have a long wait. the virus will not totally go away. i imagine there are cases of other things that we thought had gone away but surface from time to time.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:09   #702
Full Member+

Players back next couple of weeks in training.
4-6 weeks of a ‘pre-season’ behind closed doors initially.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 11:33   #703
God Member

Post Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Players back next couple of weeks in training.
4-6 weeks of a ‘pre-season’ behind closed doors initially.
Presumably all will have to be tested.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:47   #704
God Member

Thumbs down Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
What football and other sports and entertainment venues have to hope is that when restrictions are lifted people will return as before, judging by the response of the public to the re opening of pubs, shops restaurants etc, the initial response isn't one of rushing back. People have changed spending habits lots have lost jobs and there is the fear factor football needs to be wary of thinking everyone will rush back.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:50   #705
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if everyone rushes back i will show my arse to the town hall clock, i will certainly be back soon as allowed but quite a few will not.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..