Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2020, 15:19   #706
God Member

Talking Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if everyone rushes back i will show my arse to the town hall clock, i will certainly be back soon as allowed but quite a few will not.
Please............ let there be limited crowds!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2020, 21:06   #707
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Players back next couple of weeks in training.
4-6 weeks of a ‘pre-season’ behind closed doors initially.
Must be whisperings of a start date circulating as there is in all the papers, can't have a ' pre season without a season to start and if club has an idea when will season tickets be back on sale as they said they would as soon as a date to start is confirmed.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 07:42   #708
God Member

Quote:
if everyone rushes back i will show my arse to the town hall clock, i will certainly be back soon as allowed but quite a few will not.
initially i thought once football with crowds are back there would be a boom period in the game like post WW2. think you may be right and it will end up a bit of a damp squib. the only fear for all lower division clubs is will these people ever come back.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 08:03   #709
Senior Member+

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Please............ let there be limited crowds!!!

As the official spokesman for the town hall clock, I endorse Joe's comment wholeheartedly
MikeA, AccyMad, cashman and 2 others like this.
Old 13-07-2020, 09:32   #710
Senior Member+

Quote:
I think you better make it ‘The Market Hall Clock’ Cashy as there isn’t one on the Town Hall.
Social distancing would have to be in operation but would be quite easy to undertake as the area in front of The Market Hall is just a large empty oasis, courtesy of Hyndburn Borough Council!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 11:43   #711
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I think you better make it ‘The Market Hall Clock’ Cashy as there isn’t one on the Town Hall.
Social distancing would have to be in operation but would be quite easy to undertake as the area in front of The Market Hall is just a large empty oasis, courtesy of Hyndburn Borough Council!
yeh i know but its always been called the town hall clock since i was a lad,
choirboy likes this.
Old 13-07-2020, 12:03   #712
God Member

Quote:
Please, do not give him any encouragement

choirboy and DaveinGermany like this.

Old 13-07-2020, 12:05   #713
God Member

Smile Re: Coronovirus

Quote:
I believe it was a sundial first time you saw it

Only kidding my friend

AccyMad, cashman, choirboy and 1 others like this.

Old 13-07-2020, 15:31   #714
God Member

Quote:
Pity the clock's not still in the Arndale Cashy, at least you'd have some protection from the elements
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 15:38   #715
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Pity the clock's not still in the Arndale Cashy, at least you'd have some protection from the elements
Hmmm...I wonder who they used as a model for the drummer on the Arndale clock?EE04CAE4-0BC8-4B78-B549-7847C74B00CE.jpeg
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2020, 20:29   #716
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Hmmm...I wonder who they used as a model for the drummer on the Arndale clock?Attachment 58101
how did yeh get me photo?
choirboy likes this.
Old 14-07-2020, 08:15   #717
God Member

Must be a nightmare for any organisation or business to get their collective heads around these Covid guidelines as advice and rules changing daily, latest this morning masks in shops to become compulsory from 24 th July and the scientists who guide the government warning them to be prepared for a possible bad winter and a worst and best case scenario. How do you plan for that somewhere in the middle.
Old 14-07-2020, 18:38   #718
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Yes mate.
If deduction made this season then they're bottom and look destined for relegation.
Wigan currently winning 8-0 at home to Hull with 14 minutes to go!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2020, 18:59   #719
God Member

Heard little whispers about Premier league discussing digital health passports as a way of allowing reduced capacity,s into stadiums in the future, it means having a negative Covid test how many times not sure and using a mobile scanning device on your device to gain entry.
Old 15-07-2020, 07:28   #720
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Heard little whispers about Premier league discussing digital health passports as a way of allowing reduced capacity,s into stadiums in the future, it means having a negative Covid test how many times not sure and using a mobile scanning device on your device to gain entry.
my god, things are just getting worse. any others who like me are just totally sick to death of all things going on at the moment. digital health passports, what next.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..