Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree357Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2020, 10:31   #721
God Member

Re: Coronovirus

Sad news about another club Droylesden FC resign from league and cup competition,s this season not quite the end has they hope to continue if income improve,s in the future but a sign of the times I,m afraid.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-08-2020, 14:18   #722
Full Member+

Very sad news that andy I feel for everyone at Droylesden and I hope that there aren't too many clubs in the same situation but I'm afraid there could well be.
pifco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 14:40   #723

Smile Re: Coronovirus

Very sad news for Droylesden FC. Isn't their nickname "The Bloods"?

I remember going to their ground following Stanley many years ago and standing on one of the Ash Mounds they have around the Ground watching the game.......can't remember if it was a league or cup match......

very sad......hope they can raise enough money some-how to continue..
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 15:48   #724
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Very sad news for Droylesden FC. Isn't their nickname "The Bloods"?

I remember going to their ground following Stanley many years ago and standing on one of the Ash Mounds they have around the Ground watching the game.......can't remember if it was a league or cup match......

very sad......hope they can raise enough money some-how to continue..

I remember when it kicked off in the bar after and the police came circa 2001, as the locals took umbrage to stanley lads lining up against the bar making it a closed shop.

Think my first time there was end of season 1990, with a fence and houses behind one goal and nothing else.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:26   #725
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Sad news about another club Droylesden FC resign from league and cup competition,s this season not quite the end has they hope to continue if income improve,s in the future but a sign of the times I,m afraid.
it is sad news as they have been around for years. shows that football needs to get back with crowds as quick as possible. are not droylesden fc part of the local economy.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:22   #726
God Member

I presume Rochdale FC have had their ground inspection for the Covid guidelines as they have put their season tickets on sale from the 15th August, it states that they will be allowed under restricted crowds guidelines 20% of capacity, the capacity at Rochdale is 10249 so I presume they will be allowed 2050 maximum.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:55   #727
Full Member+

Quote:
I presume Rochdale FC have had their ground inspection for the Covid guidelines as they have put their season tickets on sale from the 15th August, it states that they will be allowed under restricted crowds guidelines 20% of capacity, the capacity at Rochdale is 10249 so I presume they will be allowed 2050 maximum.
In seats under method 2 it is around 78% in the draft guidance and the standing behind the goal at one end 12.5%. So 20% looks correct from any desk top exercise you could do in 5 mins.

The guidelines were draft for consultation and eh current capacity is 0%. It could be Nov or Dec before any spectators are allowed in especially places like Rochdale. I think in saying only 20% can get in they are hoping for a run on sales more than anything else.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 16:28   #728
God Member

Aberdeen,s game this weekend postponed after 8 players tested positive for Covid after breaking some kind of rules and visiting a bar, Nicholas Sturgeon not happy and says any more non compliance and breaking guidelines on the sports rules and she wouldn't hesitate to shut the game down again, hope English players have read this and " behave" it's becoming farcical.
Old 07-08-2020, 17:25   #729
Senior Member+

Quote:
it's becoming farcical.
Becoming?
Old 07-08-2020, 18:45   #730
God Member

It’s been farcical since day one. Now it’s bdyond madness.
But, heh it gives tin pot politicians an opportunity to show us how stupid and authoritarian they really are,
Greger and monkey hanger like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:50   #731
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1242987] Nicholas Sturgeon not happy and says any more non compliance and breaking guidelines on the sports rules and she wouldn't hesitate to shut the game down again,

like the nicholas one. do you know something the rest do not know.
Old 09-08-2020, 07:38   #732
God Member

I presume when the season kicks off in September clubs in league,s 1and 2 will be subject to the same traffic light system currently being operated at Premiership and Championship levels, if this is the case I would presume at Stanley this could have an impact on which areas fans will be allowed onto when allowed back. When season tickets go on sale will there be some kind of streaming service attached as personally I think that maybe only Clayton end and new stand open first maybe I might be wrong hopefully and parts of the main stand too. The traffic light system though means separate areas for teams changing facilities and select persons like management team, doctors etc:- gets difficult in smaller stadiums.
Old 09-08-2020, 16:18   #733

Quote:
I presume when the season kicks off in September clubs in league,s 1and 2 will be subject to the same traffic light system currently being operated at Premiership and Championship levels, if this is the case I would presume at Stanley this could have an impact on which areas fans will be allowed onto when allowed back. When season tickets go on sale will there be some kind of streaming service attached as personally I think that maybe only Clayton end and new stand open first maybe I might be wrong hopefully and parts of the main stand too. The traffic light system though means separate areas for teams changing facilities and select persons like management team, doctors etc:- gets difficult in smaller stadiums.
The main stand at Accy should be fine just keep the end 4 rows each side of the dugouts empty enter via the turnstiles exit via the ends going to the loo/for somthing to eat would be the problem. And if away fans arent allowed theres no reason they couldnt use all four sides.

There will be clubs with much bigger problems where entry/exit is via an enclosed concourse The West stand at Bloomfield road springs to mind.

But really people need to understand that you dont catch the virus from a casual brush past somebody wether that be in the supermarket or a football ground and if youre going to catch it at at match in all liklihood it will be from one of the 4 people sitting/standing nearest to you thruout the match.
monkey hanger likes this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 08:26   #734
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
The main stand at Accy should be fine just keep the end 4 rows each side of the dugouts empty enter via the turnstiles exit via the ends going to the loo/for somthing to eat would be the problem. And if away fans arent allowed theres no reason they couldnt use all four sides.

There will be clubs with much bigger problems where entry/exit is via an enclosed concourse The West stand at Bloomfield road springs to mind.

But really people need to understand that you dont catch the virus from a casual brush past somebody wether that be in the supermarket or a football ground and if youre going to catch it at at match in all liklihood it will be from one of the 4 people sitting/standing nearest to you thruout the match.
think many are looking for reasons for not having fans rather than the opposite.stanleys problem has always been toilet facilities in the main stand. without actually looking at the stand carefully i wonder if there could be temporary portaloos at both ends of the stands being used. as for food i,m sure most could get through a couple of hours or so without eating and those with kids could bring a few packets of crisps and pop to keep em going. or be up to date and bring a lettuce and bottled water with em.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:07   #735
God Member

I don't think fans are looking for reasons not to go when I touched on the traffic light system without reading the entire guidelines which are a lot to digest these red, amber and green areas also cover entrance routes as well, red areas include dressing rooms so I should imagine Stanley will have one temporary build either for home or away team to me that would probably be put in the car park behind coppice end if that's the case I would think that restricts entry their these are problems not just at Stanley every club sooner that this government stops looking through panic mode glasses and allows a bit of normality to return the better. After all football and other sports are in the fresh air yet we are all being encouraged to visit eating establishments Monday to Wednesday,s to stuff our faces on subsidised food couldn't make it up.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..