Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2020, 10:25   #1
God Member

Unhappy Footy Off :(

Official.............
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51867989

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2020, 10:28   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Footy Off :(

nowt we can do oer it, at least it will give some injuries time to mend hopefully. iwas moaning about missing our cruise next sat, but at least i said i can watch stanley, now thats knackered, what can i moan about now?

Last edited by cashman; 13-03-2020 at 10:34.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 10:37   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
now thats knackered, what can i moan about now?

I'm sure a resourceful chap such as your good self will most certainly find something!
cashman and david1 like this.
Old 13-03-2020, 12:56   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nowt we can do oer it, at least it will give some injuries time to mend hopefully. iwas moaning about missing our cruise next sat, but at least i said i can watch stanley, now thats knackered, what can i moan about now?
You'll find summat, I've faith in you
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 19:30   #5
Full Member+

I haven't looked but I think that "Murder She Wrote" is still on on Saturday afternoons Cashy. It's not quite as exciting as football but you will be able to shout "What a load of rubbish" at the telly to keep in practice for when football starts again.
monkey hanger likes this.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 20:14   #6

What is it with organisations that think they know better than experts? Why ignore government advice?

They should be playing as many games as possible now and then stop when we have to.

Cashy —- murder she wrote is rubbish. You can borrow my box sets of Minder if you like.
Kiwi John likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 22:35   #7
Senior Member+

Personally, it works out fine for me! I was due to miss both the Doncaster and Coventry home games coz the missus decided we should venture off to bonny Scotland (caravanning and it is still OK to go). So as I will be back before the 3rd April, then i will get to see all 5 home games, assuming they get played. However, I have also heard they may just say thats it, season over, so we get that 3rd season in League 1, though not sure about promotion and relegation places. I'll leave that to the brass in EFL HQ

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2020, 23:13   #8
God Member

No STANLEY footy to get up for. ...life is over... and there's talk of cancelling the entire 'A' league season, just as my Wellington Phoenix were threatening to win the dam thing, but thats the kind of thing our Australian neighbours would do and blame it on the virus... ****** OFF CORONA.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 07:31   #9
God Member

anyone can pick up a non league game if they want to avoid the tele. off to bradford park avenue v curzon ashton this afternoon.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 07:39   #10
God Member

would have been nice to have heard something from the PFA about this subject. they must have had meetings about it but i for one have not heard anything.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 08:53   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
anyone can pick up a non league game if they want to avoid the tele. off to bradford park avenue v curzon ashton this afternoon.
Just checked to see if Clitheroe are at home but alas they're away at Droylsden - oh well, loo roll hunting it is then
yonmon and choirboy like this.
Old 14-03-2020, 14:34   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Just checked to see if Clitheroe are at home but alas they're away at Droylsden - oh well, loo roll hunting it is then
Getting to the bottom of things then Di ?....
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 15:40   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Getting to the bottom of things then Di ?....
Oh yes, & at least my hunt was fruitful - indeed it was the highlight of my day so far
choirboy likes this.
Old 14-03-2020, 16:07   #14
Senior Member+

Just setting off home from Notts County.
5,000 fans 4-0 good afternoon out.
choirboy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2020, 18:04   #15
God Member

I wonder if the National Leagues will follow suit soon & postpone games?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..