Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2020, 16:01   #46
God Member

Re: Aministration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I agree Josh.
Regardless of covid-19 we have to accept that some departures maybe we'd prefer not to happen.
It's players such as Yosser and Seamus that I cant understand us not keeping for another year.
Solid pros such as these two are a Godsend if again we will be taking chances with kids.
Just my opinion.
As nobody has a clue when Stanley will have crowds back and nobody on here apart from Mr.T perhaps has any idea apart from trying to guess as I did potential new contracts I fear just won't be there unless something from outside or health guidelines significantly improve earlier than anticipated sadly I think the very survival of the club comes before any player however experienced or talented. This won't only be the case at Stanley but at most clubs in this league and below even maybe above who knows but it is an interesting debate sadly at the cost of a lot of people's livelihoods.
pifco likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2020, 17:10   #47
Senior Member+

You know what is ironic in all this ? One club that now does have a solid base is Bolton Wanderers.
Watch them buy their way to the League Two title.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 17:20   #48
God Member

Quote:
You know what is ironic in all this ? One club that now does have a solid base is Bolton Wanderers.
Watch them buy their way to the League Two title.
Have they decided who,s being relegated must have missed something.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-05-2020, 20:42   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Nothing set in stone, however, the current bottom 3 are favourites for the drop to league 2. I think a number of owners would be miffed if Bolton were allowed to stay in League 1 (along with Southend and Tranmere (who I have nothing against), but it would mean that the points deduction they got at the beginning of the season would be for nothing and mean they have effectively 'got away with it'. My personal hope is for the PPG option or even current standings, either way, it means Stanley continue in League 1 when football eventually returns.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2020, 20:48   #50
Full Member+

Tranmere on a cracking run of form, game in hand plus extra home game.
If it’s done on weighted PPG it will be close.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 06:50   #51
God Member

On weighted PPG Coventry champions Rotherham and Wycombe promoted, relegation Tranmere, Southend and Bolton.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:11   #52
Full Member+

Quote:
On weighted PPG Coventry champions Rotherham and Wycombe promoted, relegation Tranmere, Southend and Bolton.
Think it’s Oxford promoted instead of Wycombe.
Peterborough, Portsmouth, Ipswich & Sunderland all remaining in League 1 for another season. Wouldn’t of thought that at the start of the season!

Big week ahead next week. EFL hampered by wanting to make fresh discussions and start from beginning but some clubs have already have discussions and a lot further along with ideas than others.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:21   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Think it’s Oxford promoted instead of Wycombe.
Peterborough, Portsmouth, Ipswich & Sunderland all remaining in League 1 for another season. Wouldn’t of thought that at the start of the season!

Big week ahead next week. EFL hampered by wanting to make fresh discussions and start from beginning but some clubs have already have discussions and a lot further along with ideas than others.
No it's definitely Wycombe just double checked Oxford 4th and Peterborough about 7th this is why their chairman is threatening legal action really to stop any legal challenges IMHO best way is either continue which is looking unlikely or null and void.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:26   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:
No it's definitely Wycombe just double checked Oxford 4th and Peterborough about 7th this is why their chairman is threatening legal action really to stop any legal challenges IMHO best way is either continue which is looking unlikely or null and void.
What, you really think there would be no legal challenges if the whole season was declared null and void so runaway leaders didn't get promoted?

Winners and losers either way, losers always likely to be sore!
Old 14-05-2020, 07:27   #55
Full Member+

Quote:
On a weighted PPG I’ve got Oxford 3rd on 75.92 points and then Wycombe in 6th on 74.71 points. Definitely Oxford in top 3 then play offs made up of Fleetwood, Peterborough, Wycombe, Portsmouth.
Old 14-05-2020, 07:33   #56
Senior Member+

It would all depend on how the ‘Weighting’ is applied? I would say that Wycombe would go up by ‘Weighting’ because they’ve got AKINFENWA!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 07:38   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
What, you really think there would be no legal challenges if the whole season was declared null and void so runaway leaders didn't get promoted?

Winners and losers either way, losers always likely to be sore!
Your quite right Chimer no easy answers like I said finishing the season is the fairest way but very unlikely whenever we do restart squads across the game will likely be decimated teams looking very different voiding the season isn't ideal but neither are any other way just having a club still solvent will be the biggest issue for a lot, EFL need to be setting some plan out for clubs to try and follow but it appears from the outside they are waiting for the premiership,s lead even Andy Holt has commented on lack of steering from authorities.
Old 14-05-2020, 08:24   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
It would all depend on how the ‘Weighting’ is applied? I would say that Wycombe would go up by ‘Weighting’ because they’ve got AKINFENWA!
Trust you

Hope you are keeping well my friend

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 10:42   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
You can apply any methodology - finish the season average points blah blah - they’re down.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 11:01   #60
God Member

Quote:
You can apply any methodology - finish the season average points blah blah - they’re down.
nothing against bolton really but they need to be relagated if only to show that points deductions are seen as a deterant for all clubs in the future.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..