Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2020, 08:25   #76
God Member

Re: Aministration

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
According to a report in the Guardian the premiership,s TV deal is worth £2.65 billion of which only 3.4% is given to the entire EFL and the same to grassroots and community,s and the EFL is grovelling and nodding to them it makes you sick I question myself now is football worth bothering about.
i,m slowly getting that way myself. had reached the point last season where if stanley were away and my lad wasn,t coming up to stockport i just gave it a miss. the last couple of months has certainly not got me excited about the return of football as i thought it would. daily updates from some club or player about its return to action when businesses are closed down and we are in a type of house arrest has left a dirty taste in my mouth.
Outback Ozzy and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-05-2020, 16:59   #77
God Member

Swindon Town saying after league 2 finished the season that starting the next one will be a far more difficult decision, without financial aid from somewhere having had discussions with fellow chairman fears we could lose 30 to 40% of clubs at lower level.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 20:23   #78
Senior Member+

Mixed messages all over the place. Mansfield for instance sorted their retained list and have kept every player they had one year options upon.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 07:38   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Mixed messages all over the place. Mansfield for instance sorted their retained list and have kept every player they had one year options upon.
Probably can't shed bad habits and still gambling with little or no budget or the owners pockets.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-05-2020, 07:49   #80

Nigel Clough apparently being replaced at Burton Albion due to financial uncertainty.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 09:16   #81
God Member

Quote:
Swindon Town saying after league 2 finished the season that starting the next one will be a far more difficult decision, without financial aid from somewhere having had discussions with fellow chairman fears we could lose 30 to 40% of clubs at lower level.
eventually we will find out how much wolf crying and how much truth there is from statements from clubs about their finances.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 09:34   #82
Senior Member+

Quote:
Probably can't shed bad habits and still gambling with little or no budget or the owners pockets.
I very much doubt that given the recent appointment of Dave Sharpe as Director of Football. He ran a very tight ship at Wigan.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 10:54   #83
God Member

Latest idea from the EFL for next season?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52738597
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 11:10   #84
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Latest idea from the EFL for next season?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52738597
Salary cap not a bad idea not sure about 20 man squads how do you cope with injuries and suspensions?
Old 20-05-2020, 11:40   #85
Full Member+

Agree with you on that Andy, would you gamble on 2 keepers or take up 1 of the 2 spots outside match day 18 with one.
Interesting it mentions 8 home grown academy players within that.
Savin, Perritt, Sykes, Mohammed, Williams, Ogle, Gilboy, Martin have all had 1st team exposure of some sort; although does it really imply only a further 12 players are permitted?!?
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2020, 11:45   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Agree with you on that Andy, would you gamble on 2 keepers or take up 1 of the 2 spots outside match day 18 with one.
Interesting it mentions 8 home grown academy players within that.
Savin, Perritt, Sykes, Mohammed, Williams, Ogle, Gilboy, Martin have all had 1st team exposure of some sort; although does it really imply only a further 12 players are permitted?!?
Yes it doesn't make it clear is it a 20 or 28 man squad if it's only 12 a lot of players out of work by the way don't think Gilboy came through our academy.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:47   #87
God Member

Quote:
Yes it doesn't make it clear is it a 20 or 28 man squad if it's only 12 a lot of players out of work by the way don't think Gilboy came through our academy.
Stand corrected Gilboy did.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:56   #88
Full Member+

Agreed not clear at all. Alex O’Neill another one, although Andy Scott came in and signed pro contract so he wouldn’t count which is a shame.
Old 20-05-2020, 11:57   #89
Full Member+

Massive jump up from current rule of having 1 in match day 18.
Old 20-05-2020, 12:09   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Agreed not clear at all. Alex O’Neill another one, although Andy Scott came in and signed pro contract so he wouldn’t count which is a shame.
Scott still under contract I believe, problem with everyone having small squads match day 18,s would become predictable.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..