Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-05-2020, 19:29   #16
Super Moderator

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Ten out of contract players let go at Bradford including Shay McCarten.
Just spoke to Shay; one of lifes "good guys"
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-05-2020, 19:32   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I get that.
Burton are asking some players out of contract to take a 25% pay cut.
However they are offering terms !
Equally 25% off a decent number ............ is still a decent number.
Even if the salary cap was introduced at 2.5 mill surely that's way above our budget anyway even if covid-19 hadn't arrived ????
Yes Burton have "issues" suspect they rely their "non match day income"

Salary and squad caps won't bother ASFC; it will bother most in L1 and some in L2
Old 26-05-2020, 19:37   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Ten out of contract players let go at Bradford including Shay McCarten.
Andy - the point you're missing however is that they have retained 12 and taken up one year options on a further three !
10 out is hardly surprising regardless of covid-19 at League Two.
Big Ben stays.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 07:08   #19
God Member

Quote:
Andy - the point you're missing however is that they have retained 12 and taken up one year options on a further three !
10 out is hardly surprising regardless of covid-19 at League Two.
Big Ben stays.
I,m not missing anything all out of contract were released a lot of there fans on their forum for instance saying Shay would among others probably would have been offered something normally as for those retained they are contracted nothing to say if things get financially worse is Bradford could make them redundant. Hopefully things might slowly improve but if crowds aren't allowed don't start the season till they are then as money trickles in start to recruit but think Mr T is right a lot will look at youth and ambition for some will be shelved for a while as they will be grateful to be still around.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 10:02   #20
Senior Member+

Andy,
Mr T has dropped you the tip that restricted squad sizes are on the horizon.
That's the reason Bradford have released so many because they still have 12 contracted.
In addition they have three with one year options - and they have all been offered terms.
If they wanted Shay they could have kept him.
Clearly they didn't.
If squads are limited to 20 they have already got 15.
Old 27-05-2020, 10:19   #21
God Member

the amount of loan moves that shay had at bradford it was obvious he,d be released at the first chance they got. got injured early on there and never quite became a regular.
Twenty Eight likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 10:32   #22
God Member

Quote:
Andy,
Mr T has dropped you the tip that restricted squad sizes are on the horizon.
That's the reason Bradford have released so many because they still have 12 contracted.
In addition they have three with one year options - and they have all been offered terms.
If they wanted Shay they could have kept him.
Clearly they didn't.
If squads are limited to 20 they have already got 15.
Who needs a tip it's pretty obvious that the way things are going money will be tight or non at all squads management and staff are going to be surplus to requirements at a lot of clubs.
Old 27-05-2020, 12:23   #23
Senior Member+

OK Andy - you get it all.
If you seriously believe "none at all" you're having a laugh.
Tightening of the belts yes.
When decisions are made about the start of next season we can all revisit this and see how many signings clubs make and at what cost.
Old 27-05-2020, 12:31   #24
Full Member+

I imagine there will be a few ‘businessmen’ about with a few bob who see this as an ideal scenario for a new toy...
All these clubs allegedly desperate for investment, players on cheap wages, great players released by clubs on a free transfer....

Where do I sign up??!!?!!’
monkey hanger likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2020, 13:43   #25
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
I imagine there will be a few ‘businessmen’ about with a few bob who see this as an ideal scenario for a new toy...
All these clubs allegedly desperate for investment, players on cheap wages, great players released by clubs on a free transfer....

Here you go Josh

Charlton; think you need to pay May's wages and get ready to play Championship football behind closed doors!!
Southend; Ron's desparate to sell. Old ground is falling down but don't worry the new one will be on the way "next season"
Oldham; could write a book on this one; own nothing bar the name and the bills!! No income for the foreseeable future.
Macclesfield; could you sort the May wages and pay back the £10k their Trust has given them to top up the players April wages
Swindon; sure I read that a £5 million take over has been stopped by the courts??
Morecambe; sure I've ready they've lost £500k for the last 2 season's and that's paying the lowest wages in the EFL

PM and I'll send you any details plus the EFL tests and business plan that's required
andyd likes this.
Old 27-05-2020, 14:20   #26
God Member

Quote:
OK Andy - you get it all.
If you seriously believe "none at all" you're having a laugh.
Tightening of the belts yes.
When decisions are made about the start of next season we can all revisit this and see how many signings clubs make and at what cost.
Ah ah I,m splitting my sides.
Old 27-05-2020, 14:39   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

You mean the likes of Lawrence Bassinni, Saudi princes, Mike Ashley uncle Tom Cobley and all.
Old 27-05-2020, 15:11   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Here you go Josh

Charlton; think you need to pay May's wages and get ready to play Championship football behind closed doors!!
Southend; Ron's desparate to sell. Old ground is falling down but don't worry the new one will be on the way "next season"
Oldham; could write a book on this one; own nothing bar the name and the bills!! No income for the foreseeable future.
Macclesfield; could you sort the May wages and pay back the £10k their Trust has given them to top up the players April wages
Swindon; sure I read that a £5 million take over has been stopped by the courts??
Morecambe; sure I've ready they've lost £500k for the last 2 season's and that's paying the lowest wages in the EFL

PM and I'll send you any details plus the EFL tests and business plan that's required
And on the reverse side of the coin, Sunderland Portsmouth et al will be throwing it about in search of the Holy Grail.
Bolton having served their suspension and cleared the decks ............ wonder if they invest in an immediate return to League One ?
Old 27-05-2020, 16:46   #29
God Member

When the powers to be finally sort this season out we move on to the more difficult decision next season, crowds or lack of them current thinking no crowds without vaccine could never happen worst case scenario, so thinking outside the box social distancing crowds been mentioned in some quarters again possible expenditure to bring in less than before also would it be lottery style tickets for those members season ticket holders. Anyone with any decent ideas feel free to post never know could be picked up by the EFL and put to good use.
Old 27-05-2020, 18:20   #30
God Member

Quote:
And on the reverse side of the coin, Sunderland Portsmouth et al will be throwing it about in search of the Holy Grail.
Bolton having served their suspension and cleared the decks ............ wonder if they invest in an immediate return to League One ?
Bradford manager Stuart Mcall bearing in mind that they are one of the "preverbial big hitter's " in league 2 has said agents constantly on phone but says they won't be signing anyone until there is a clear path ahead. He mentions the likes of furloughed staff and would new signings qualify for it probably not is the answer, like I,ve said before most sensible business men/chairman should tread with caution in an uncertain market, ie:- little or no income but you,ll get your gamblers that is why the game is in the mess it's found itself in, thankfully Mr.Holt is one of the more sensible type and won,t jeperdise the clubs future.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..