Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2020, 08:06   #256
God Member

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Without commenting specifically on Clark (no "e") on a general note if I were the club and there was no reaction to an offer I'd be waving him off - no renegotiation or offer to sign later.
I'm sure our management team will feel the same.
No one's bigger than the club.
totally agree. hate those will he wont he re signing situations where the club can miss out on replacements. if my memories correct, did this happen a few years ago with someone who signed for someone else at the last minute and left us short.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2020, 08:10   #257
God Member

[QUOTE=MikeA;1241557]Northampton will be joining us next year. 4-0 play-off winners against Jonny Maxted and Exeter.

at least it saves those who travel away that trek to exeter. at least northampton is a lot closer and its basically motorway and duel carriageway all the way.
Old 30-06-2020, 08:23   #258
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1241562]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Northampton will be joining us next year. 4-0 play-off winners against Jonny Maxted and Exeter.

at least it saves those who travel away that trek to exeter. at least northampton is a lot closer and its basically motorway and duel carriageway all the way.
Northampton ranks as one of my worst away days whereas Exeter is up among my favourites.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 09:59   #259

Surprised Northampton won through........however, they always did attract backers with money....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:35   #260
God Member

at least it saves those who travel away that trek to exeter. at least northampton is a lot closer and its basically motorway and duel carriageway all the way.[/QUOTE]

How different it can be for away fans.
Not that much difference for us between ‘Executor’ and Northampton in distance but loved the former - park’n’ride and free bus into city, easy walk to ground from town centre after short sight-seeing trip, quick lunch in great diner, good fans. Northampton a soulless concrete bowl on the very edge of town, rip off parking in a field, and revolting fast food outlets as only the alternative attraction.
Takes all sorts, I guess.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 12:39   #261
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not that much difference for us between ‘Executor’ and Northampton in distance but loved the former - park’n’ride and free bus into city, easy walk to ground from town centre after short sight-seeing trip, quick lunch in great diner, good fans. Northampton a soulless concrete bowl on the very edge of town, rip off parking in a field, and revolting fast food outlets as only the alternative attraction.
Takes all sorts, I guess.[/QUOTE]

I certainly wouldn't go their again once was enough.
Old 30-06-2020, 12:48   #262
God Member

Chester,s players have all agreed to play for nothing to participate in the playoff,s, their chairman says it's a great gesture and then goes on to say that below league level they have decided not to start next season without crowds and won't start until they are allowed.
Old 30-06-2020, 16:13   #263
God Member

Quote:

Plus Exeter can be tied in with a weekend in Torquay, an away experience much missed by some of our fans
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2020, 16:56   #264
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Plus Exeter can be tied in with a weekend in Torquay, an away experience much missed by some of our fans
Ah, blessed Babbacombe!
Still miss Hanbury’s fish’n’chips and the Angel Tea Rooms.
Old 30-06-2020, 21:31   #265
Full Member+

Quote:

It is 2 hours each way, pretty massive. To and back from Northants you don't need a stop either so it ends up saving a good 5 hours in comparison.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 07:16   #266
God Member

lot depends on what you want from an away game. some make days and weekends out of em. i imagine there are others like me who only go for the game. get to the ground as early as you want, hope to get a good parking space for a quick get away and get back home as quickly as possible watching out for speed cameras. for those who regard sixfields as a souless place get off the M1 a junction earlier, nip into daventry where there are plenty of pubs, cafe,s and a good saturday street market.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:40   #267
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
...Not that much difference for us between ‘Executor’ and Northampton in distance
It is 2 hours each way, pretty massive. To and back from Northants you don't need a stop either so it ends up saving a good 5 hours in comparison.[/QUOTE]

Might it not depend on where you live?
Old 01-07-2020, 10:25   #268
Full Member+

Quote:
It is 2 hours each way, pretty massive. To and back from Northants you don't need a stop either so it ends up saving a good 5 hours in comparison.
Might it not depend on where you live?[/QUOTE]

Pretty similar saving from all over Lancashire and the main regional city centres is the north as well as London, Scotland, and fans abroad due to where flights land. I would go with 100% of season ticket holders and 99% of fans are likely to be better off.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:16   #269
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Might it not depend on where you live?
Pretty similar saving from all over Lancashire and the main regional city centres is the north as well as London, Scotland, and fans abroad due to where flights land. I would go with 100% of season ticket holders and 99% of fans are likely to be better off.[/QUOTE]

Fine. I was merely making a personal observation about what I find enjoyable about visiting away grounds and not trying to win a referendum.
Put me down as one of the 1% who does not feel better off having to visit Northampton rather than Exeter.
Old 01-07-2020, 11:35   #270
Full Member+

Quote:
Pretty similar saving from all over Lancashire and the main regional city centres is the north as well as London, Scotland, and fans abroad due to where flights land. I would go with 100% of season ticket holders and 99% of fans are likely to be better off.
Fine. I was merely making a personal observation about what I find enjoyable about visiting away grounds and not trying to win a referendum.
Put me down as one of the 1% who does not feel better off having to visit Northampton rather than Exeter.[/QUOTE]

I'll join that ever growing 1% too! Much rather have an away day in Exeter rather than Northampton!
NORTHERNSOUL likes this.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..