Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2020, 20:57   #286

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
If that start date is the one given I suspect most lower league clubs will want some assurance about returning crowds, pre- season would presumably start about six weeks in front of that date when all furloughing would stop thus increasing spending surely some insurance of a definite date for crowds returning would be a necessity.
Furloughing would not need to cease before the scheme finishes. As of July 1st, you just declare how many hours an employee has worked for i.m told a lot of clubs have been clever and put players working hours down as 40. Now in a week when you play 2 games if you don't count travelling [ Do you get paid to travel to work? ]you would be pushed to go over 20 hours actually working [training and playing ] therefore, you would still be entitled to claim 50% of the available furlough money

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...tention-scheme
Attached Images
File Type: png 2020-07-03_2152.png (120.9 KB, 2 views)
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-07-2020, 07:43   #287
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post

hopefully away club season ticket holders would be able to buy available tickets to away games [ that way they still have the names and details of everyone in attendance in case the worst should happen ]
same sytem could be used for all clubs for home fans as well. buy online or from the kiosks they get your name and address and issue you with your own club number for future purchases. doncaster rovers do this. apart from stanley games i had not been for years but my number is still active. same with the odd game i attend at hartlepool.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 07:51   #288
God Member

If football insists on starting with limited gates will same rules around toilets as in markets and shopping centres apply one in one out and cleaned every 30 minutes, how does one exit one,s seat without passing closely to someone else, bars can't see that working under current guidelines good luck people who are trying to solve this I feel for you.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 08:01   #289
God Member

wonder if you,ll have to download one of those app things to get your pee time in the jack barrett.
andyd likes this.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:15   #290
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
wonder if you,ll have to download one of those app things to get your pee time in the jack barrett.
Need a bulldozer app wasn't really fit for purpose before now well!
Old 06-07-2020, 08:08   #291
God Member

Interesting comments this morning from theatre and music hall producers following the announcement of a 1.57 billion aid package the reason why they aren't allowed public in when you can sit side by side on an aeroplane good point, you could argue the same about sports venues.
Old 06-07-2020, 10:24   #292
Senior Member+

Following the science.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 10:28   #293
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Interesting comments this morning from theatre and music hall producers following the announcement of a 1.57 billion aid package the reason why they aren't allowed public in when you can sit side by side on an aeroplane good point, you could argue the same about sports venues.
more to the point in my view is why are the police not doing their job upholding the law or does the law not count depending who you are.?
Old 06-07-2020, 10:34   #294
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Following the science.
The longest running play in the West End the Mousetrap is saying they are going to be the first theatre back with strict distancing measures both on stage and in the audience, the date they say will be in October at the earliest that to me throws limited crowds at football in late August or September if following science doubtful.
Old 06-07-2020, 18:48   #295
God Member

Well, me and Chimer should be at Fratton Park again next season.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 19:27   #296
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

good result for stanley gate wise.
Old 07-07-2020, 07:51   #297
God Member

Quote:
you could also say a 1.57 billion aid package would be welcome to league 1, 2 and national league clubs if they have to start on lower capacity crowds as well. crewe might get some aid though due to em signing a pantomime act.
Old 07-07-2020, 08:26   #298
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Well, me and Chimer should be at Fratton Park again next season.
I see some Pompey fans turned up last night including the clown Westwood with the bell at Oxford sat upon a pile of pallets on the back of a van, passionate fans or idiotic?
Old 07-07-2020, 11:05   #299
Full Member+

Passionate or idiotic I don't know but it will be a sad day when there are no characters at the grounds. Every club used to have one or two but there don't seem so many at the Premier League matches these days, perhaps the big clubs are more interested in having corporate fans at matches.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 12:40   #300
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

the big clubs are NOT remotely interested in ordinary fans.
Revived Red and andyd like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..