Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree340Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2020, 09:34   #481
God Member

Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Well, would have been one woman & her cat but I daren't go near now in case I incur the wrath of Mr.T
Has your cat been tested?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2020, 11:35   #482
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Has your cat been tested?
Absolutely - came back negative but she wears a mask when outside, just in case
andyd likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:46   #483
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Absolutely - came back negative but she wears a mask when outside, just in case
always liked a well looked after pussy,
Old 03-08-2020, 17:04   #484
Full Member+

No Jordan Clark in the images from today.
Think that’s answered that.
Hope for his sake he makes the right move, won’t be easy as many potential suitors but will be the biggest decision he will make for his and family’s future.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:53   #485
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
No Jordan Clark in the images from today.
Think that’s answered that.
Hope for his sake he makes the right move, won’t be easy as many potential suitors but will be the biggest decision he will make for his and family’s future.
lot may depend on what his family want. does he want a club near to where he lives or be happy for bigger money and move miles away. if i was happy where i lived i,d certainly think a long time before going into the unknown. been there, done and regretted my move.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 16:43   #486
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
. been there, done and regretted my move.

That's what you get get for moving to Yorkingshire & even worse Keighley!
Old 05-08-2020, 16:52   #487
Full Member+

No one would move to Luton no matter how much they were paid.
Must be commuting .....
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 17:03   #488
God Member

Just one question Jordan, why them??
Old 05-08-2020, 17:20   #489
God Member

Thumbs down Re: Next season??

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
No one would move to Luton no matter how much they were paid.
Must be commuting .....
After my last visit when we beat them to cement virtual promotion vowed I would never set foot in that hellhole again.
Old 05-08-2020, 17:30   #490
God Member

Red face Re: Next season??

Quote:
Last season Luton paid thier players on average just over £4000 so if Clarke gets that he has quadrupled what he was probably on at Stanley, good luck to lad we all go to work for the money, when I was working always went if I could were they were paying best rate.
cashman likes this.
Old 05-08-2020, 18:08   #491
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no arguement from me, sorry he has gone yon, but a good move for him no doubt at all. can only wish him well.
MikeA, choirboy and Twenty Eight like this.
Old 05-08-2020, 18:24   #492
Senior Member+

Quote:
Why not ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 20:16   #493
God Member

Quote:
Not got a problem at all!!
cashman and choirboy like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 10:53   #494
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Why not ?
Although I am sad to see him go, I would never begrudge Jordan or any other player the chance to play in a higher league & of course i wish him luck BUT i do begrudge the fact that Luton were allowed to swoop in & sign a player of Jordan's calibre on a free transfer, whether that was the fault of the club or the player i don't know as I'm not privy to such information.
All I know is that if i could be objective, yes - i suppose it's a good move for him but unfortunately i'm too emotionally invested in the club to have such objectivity and the thought of him playing for Luton of all clubs is upsetting and not made any easier by reading the thoughts of their fans who on the whole seem a little underwhelmed at his arrival at Kenilworth Road, they'd just better look after him and treat him well.
choirboy likes this.
Old 06-08-2020, 11:16   #495
God Member

Quote:
Although I am sad to see him go, I would never begrudge Jordan or any other player the chance to play in a higher league & of course i wish him luck BUT i do begrudge the fact that Luton were allowed to swoop in & sign a player of Jordan's calibre on a free transfer, whether that was the fault of the club or the player i don't know as I'm not privy to such information.
All I know is that if i could be objective, yes - i suppose it's a good move for him but unfortunately i'm too emotionally invested in the club to have such objectivity and the thought of him playing for Luton of all clubs is upsetting and not made any easier by reading the thoughts of their fans who on the whole seem a little underwhelmed at his arrival at Kenilworth Road, they'd just better look after him and treat him well.
As far as I,m aware the club made him an improved offer which he chose not to sign it's his or any other players perogative, nobody came in for him which would have meant incurring a fee that means that either nobody fancied paying a fee or they just as Luton have done let the clock run down, who knows this deal could have been done between player agent and club weeks ago as you say not privy to that information.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..