Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2020, 11:49   #31
Senior Member+

Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Yes, but we will pay him more money and extend his contract

Dream on mate.
Callum will not extend his contract.
If the money is good then we should take it or risk losing him under freedom of contract.
Harsh realities of the football world.
monkey hanger likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-08-2020, 11:54   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Dream on mate.
If the money is good then we should take it or risk losing him under freedom of contract.
It's a rumour as they all are but it's being discussed on their fans forum as far as saying a further bid as been placed but I,m with you on this one if of course he wanted to go we would be better getting a fee areas of the squad need new faces, right back we have some choices.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2020, 13:22   #33
Senior Member+

It's a rumour that has persisted for nearly 12 months now !
They also expressed interest in Clark but nothing came to fruition.
Old 20-08-2020, 19:59   #34

Its a win win for Coley and Jimmy either way. Players need to move on to progress both on and off the field........ fee now or play to contract end......suits Stanley both ways.....we can't compete on wages...only training, playing and opportunity to progress....its always been that way for us....
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 07:25   #35
God Member

Quote:
Dream on mate.
lots of fans at all clubs just cannot seem to get their heads round this. a player arrives at their club. all fans should hope for is that they play well and give a 100 per cent in the period they are with them before they move on. its a players job and they are not lifelong fans of the club.
Revived Red likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 07:30   #36
God Member

Thumbs down Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Dream on mate.
And let's get real apart from Callum maybe young Sykes who else will anyone from a higher league be courting.
Old 21-08-2020, 08:34   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
And let's get real apart from Callum maybe young Sykes who else will anyone from a higher league be courting.
Andy. John and Jimmy have a deserved reputation for improving young players. If we get some good results and our new and newish youngsters start scoring goals then they will get noticed for sure. Colby Bishop, Dion Charles and Joe Pritchard clearly have the potential to develop into great players capable of playing at a higher level. The two new young lads signed recently, Ryan Cassidy and Tom Allan could well fit the mould too. The important thing is to keep them signed on longer contracts so that if any other club comes in with a bid then we would get compensation for them if they leave. I think that we managed to keep Jordan Clarke and Callum Johnson longer than we would have had they not been under longer contracts. So we have done well out of both of them even if Callum follows Jordan in leaving for nothing. We benefit either way by getting a fee if they are still under contract when they leave or they stay that bit longer and we benefit from having good players for longer! We don’t want to go back to players on just one year contracts and lose out like we did with Windass and Crooks! The club under the guidance of Andy Holt and with all the improvements made in infrastructure is in a much better position to get players to sign up for two or even three year contracts than just a few years ago.
ON STANLEY ON.
chevyfire and andyd like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 09:02   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Andy. John and Jimmy have a deserved reputation for improving young players. If we get some good results and our new and newish youngsters start scoring goals then they will get noticed for sure. Colby Bishop, Dion Charles and Joe Pritchard clearly have the potential to develop into great players capable of playing at a higher level. The two new young lads signed recently, Ryan Cassidy and Tom Allan could well fit the mould too. The important thing is to keep them signed on longer contracts so that if any other club comes in with a bid then we would get compensation for them if they leave. I think that we managed to keep Jordan Clarke and Callum Johnson longer than we would have had they not been under longer contracts. So we have done well out of both of them even if Callum follows Jordan in leaving for nothing. We benefit either way by getting a fee if they are still under contract when they leave or they stay that bit longer and we benefit from having good players for longer! We don’t want to go back to players on just one year contracts and lose out like we did with Windass and Crooks! The club under the guidance of Andy Holt and with all the improvements made in infrastructure is in a much better position to get players to sign up for two or even three year contracts than just a few years ago.
ON STANLEY ON.
Cassidy and Allen are loan players Coleman hopeful of adding a midfielder today and looking at bringing in a keeper and possibly 2 more defender's as listening to is interview that's an area in need of improvement, read into that what you will?
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-08-2020, 09:31   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cassidy and Allen are loan players Coleman hopeful of adding a midfielder today and looking at bringing in a keeper and possibly 2 more defender's as listening to is interview that's an area in need of improvement, read into that what you will?
Yes Andy, I overlooked about the two youngsters being on loan. I am sure though that the Stanley system of discovering and improving young players will continue and that Stanley will benefit by them performing well for us and possibly by bringing in transfer fees.
andyd likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 10:52   #40
God Member

Id have took the 300k on offer (allegedly) last year for Callum. Take the money, build the new bar and get Perritt playing
andyd likes this.
Old 21-08-2020, 11:14   #41
Full Member+

Quote:
You'd be surprised. Not everything is out on the open.
I can think of a couple of players currently in the squad that have previously been on trial at higher league clubs.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 11:17   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Id have took the 300k on offer (allegedly) last year for Callum. Take the money, build the new bar and get Perritt playing
Wonder where Harvey Rodgers fits in this scenario.
I'm a big fan of Perritt and could see him playing further upfield, even as a right winger.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 11:29   #43
God Member

In a squad of 21at present we have 11 players whom you could class as defender,s yet Coley wants 2 more that means to me and in some ways I agree he doesn't rate some of them so either way to keep squad low some could be on the way out.
Old 21-08-2020, 11:55   #44
Senior Member+

You cannot just erase players under contract mate.
Unless of course there is a suitor ....... but you have to ask you self if they're not considered good enough for us who's going to come in and pay a fee for them / take on a free even in the league below ?

The keeper situation is a worry for me ........ I think we need two (three in total).
Old 21-08-2020, 12:05   #45
God Member

Quote:
You cannot just erase players under contract mate.
Unless of course there is a suitor ....... but you have to ask you self if they're not considered good enough for us who's going to come in and pay a fee for them / take on a free even in the league below ?

The keeper situation is a worry for me ........ I think we need two (three in total).
Your quite right but on the way out could mean loan, next season or to a lower league club but some of these lads have been around the squad for a bit and clearly don't get a look in so I think we could have surplus players in a small squad.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..