Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2020, 16:02   #46
God Member

Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Cassidy and Allen are loan players Coleman hopeful of adding a midfielder today and looking at bringing in a keeper and possibly 2 more defender's as listening to is interview that's an area in need of improvement, read into that what you will?
Looking like "next week" for the midfielder then hit a delay I believe.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2020, 04:56   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Andy. John and Jimmy have a deserved reputation for improving young players. If we get some good results and our new and newish youngsters start scoring goals then they will get noticed for sure. Colby Bishop, Dion Charles and Joe Pritchard clearly have the potential to develop into great players capable of playing at a higher level. The two new young lads signed recently, Ryan Cassidy and Tom Allan could well fit the mould too. The important thing is to keep them signed on longer contracts so that if any other club comes in with a bid then we would get compensation for them if they leave. I think that we managed to keep Jordan Clarke and Callum Johnson longer than we would have had they not been under longer contracts. So we have done well out of both of them even if Callum follows Jordan in leaving for nothing. We benefit either way by getting a fee if they are still under contract when they leave or they stay that bit longer and we benefit from having good players for longer! We don’t want to go back to players on just one year contracts and lose out like we did with Windass and Crooks! The club under the guidance of Andy Holt and with all the improvements made in infrastructure is in a much better position to get players to sign up for two or even three year contracts than just a few years ago.
ON STANLEY ON.
Once we leave the EU with a few tweeks and liberal interpretation of UEFA/FIFA rules combined with the Covid effect on the market British clubs should be able to revert to an almost pre Bosman regime where you can offer a player a contract with a rolling option which means he always has a value to the club and cant simply walk away at the end of a contract.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 06:53   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post

The keeper situation is a worry for me ........ I think we need two (three in total).
i wouldn.t panic just yet. can see a season long loanee one coming in from a championship or premier league club before the season starts. just hope its a season long and not one that finished in the new year where we have to start all over again. as a club we have done quite well in keeper development when they come here which is a help.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 07:29   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Once we leave the EU with a few tweeks and liberal interpretation of UEFA/FIFA rules combined with the Covid effect on the market British clubs should be able to revert to an almost pre Bosman regime where you can offer a player a contract with a rolling option which means he always has a value to the club and cant simply walk away at the end of a contract.
Isn't the Bosman ruling now incorporated in UEFA rules and so would still apply?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 08:47   #50
God Member

Quote:
Looking like "next week" for the midfielder then hit a delay I believe.
I believe when it happens this will be a permanent addition to the squad be an interesting one.
Old 22-08-2020, 11:04   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Isn't the Bosman ruling now incorporated in UEFA rules and so would still apply?
Correct.
No change going forward Brexit or no Brexit.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 13:25   #52
Full Member+

Ex Blackburn & Mansfield midfielder Willem Tomlinson on trial with us today as a mix of 1st Team and Youth lost 3-0 to Bolton.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 13:47   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Ex Blackburn & Mansfield midfielder Willem Tomlinson on trial with us today as a mix of 1st Team and Youth lost 3-0 to Bolton.
I,m away this weekend just seen this another 3 let in no wonder Coleman is looking at signing defender,s and don't say it's only a friendly.
Old 22-08-2020, 14:11   #54
Full Member+

Quote:
I,m away this weekend just seen this another 3 let in no wonder Coleman is looking at signing defender,s and don't say it's only a friendly.
what changes would you make? if Callum stays then potentially a left back.
Old 22-08-2020, 14:27   #55
God Member

Quote:
what changes would you make? if Callum stays then potentially a left back.
Let's be honest we weren't that good at the back last year when Okupa was at left back the other 3 were 1st choice so you tell me Hughes one of my favourite,s but was caught for pace quite a lot, it's Coleman who wants replacement,s .
Old 23-08-2020, 11:58   #56
Senior Member+

Okupa ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2020, 12:07   #57
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Okupa ?
Never heard of him
Old 24-08-2020, 07:47   #58
God Member

Quote:
Strange one this Tomlinson has far as I,m aware was still under contract at Mansfield but had been suspended by Cougflan the manager for an icidennt regarding a fight outside a pub, maybe been told to keep fit or find a club or has been released without it being in the public domain but he hails from Burnley so could be any of those, was highly rated at Blackburn making a handful of first team appearances but could he carry a bit of baggage what some won't tolerate?
Old 24-08-2020, 12:53   #59
God Member

Another one in, Matt Butcher, midfielder signed from Bournemouth on a 2 year deal - welcome aboard
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2020, 13:21   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

What position does he play?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..