Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree215Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2020, 15:48   #256
Senior Member+

Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
No disrespect to Toby Savin but I think Baxter will come straight in as for Nottingham he's naturally a right back can he play the wing back role don't know enough about him but has weighed in with a few goals in his career, 6ft 4in another big lad in what is rapidly becoming a very tall squad.
Andy,
It's a great relief to get another keeper in and as for being classed as a moaner (assume its me) it wasn't moaning it was worry.
I think he'll go straight in as well.
andyd likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2020, 16:58   #257
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,
It's a great relief to get another keeper in and as for being classed as a moaner (assume its me) it wasn't moaning it was worry.
I think he'll go straight in as well.
I might be wrong but I still think we are in the hunt for a experienced striker squad now gaining some experience and also building for the future some real competition for places now especially with Sean back training and Sangare Perritt and Sherif all still to get back to fitness.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 17:04   #258
God Member

Quote:
Only applies between premiership clubs EFL allowed 5 loannees in 18 match day squad unless you use a emergency loan goalkeeper thus reducing to 4, we have 6 now 3 from Chelsea 2 from Newcastle and 1 from Watford quite cosmopolitan.
Cheers Andy

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 23:25   #259
Full Member+

Hope these lads do well at Stanley this season. We are a good outlet for these young players. I was reading somewhere (can't remember where) that Chelsea have loaned out 29 players for this season. This, in spite of spending zillions in transfers this summer. ok they've had a transfer embargo but just shows the imbalance in rich top end clubs and community clubs like ours. They don't need to introduce B teams , it's already spread throughout the EFL.
MikeA, cashman, andyd and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Reamer; 09-10-2020 at 23:31. Reason: Forgot to put capital S for Stanley !
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 08:56   #260
God Member

Quote:
as for Nottingham he's naturally a right back can he play the wing back role don't know enough about him but has weighed in with a few goals in his career, 6ft 4in another big lad in what is rapidly becoming a very tall squad.
coley mentioned that he had tried to sign him before. i for one am not surprised. far better right back than callum johnson for me especially in his defensive duties. hope he is as succesfull as billy kee was who was the last player i would have loved to see in a stanley shirt before we signed him.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 16:10   #261
God Member

Smile Re: 2020/21 Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
'Football Insider' says one of them is Michael Nottingham on a permanent from Blackpool
Been speaking with a few Alex fans at work and they rave about Nottingham - believing he was one of the reasons they went up

Surprised they did/could not sign him and believe we have a player

Always better - in my opinion - to have firsthand views

MikeA, Tin Monkey, cashman and 2 others like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 20:40   #262
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Hope these lads do well at Stanley this season. We are a good outlet for these young players. I was reading somewhere (can't remember where) that Chelsea have loaned out 29 players for this season. This, in spite of spending zillions in transfers this summer. ok they've had a transfer embargo but just shows the imbalance in rich top end clubs and community clubs like ours. They don't need to introduce B teams , it's already spread throughout the EFL.
Make that Chelsea have now loaned 30 players, another today loaned to Charlton

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 16:49   #263
God Member

Transfer window shuts at 17-00 this Friday anybody think there will be business at Stanley either in or out?
Old 19-10-2020, 15:21   #264
God Member

Ogle gone out on loan again this time to Fylde till January.
Old 19-10-2020, 16:13   #265

Quote:
Transfer window shuts at 17-00 this Friday anybody think there will be business at Stanley either in or out?
Do I think we will sign a goal scoring striker? Not a chance!
cashman likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2020, 17:16   #266
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Do I think we will sign a goal scoring striker? Not a chance!
Well it would have to be a free agent now which usually means that nobody else wants them or they will be at the back end of their careers oh well!
Old 19-10-2020, 17:46   #267
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Well it would have to be a free agent now which usually means that nobody else wants them or they will be at the back end of their careers oh well!
be honest andy if nobody else wants em they are not good enough now.
Old 19-10-2020, 18:04   #268
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
be honest andy if nobody else wants em they are not good enough now.
You get odd ones released due to budgets but that means they are probably beyond ours.
Old 19-10-2020, 18:15   #269
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

exactly sadly we dont stand a chance if its down to budgets imho. cant be helped and aint complaining, but thats life.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 19-10-2020, 19:34   #270
Senior Member+

I’m free!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..